4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 months ago

I usually find rose perfumes too old and dusty smelling, but this one is fresh! I can smell the rose and tangerine, a light amber and some baby powder. Lasts well on me, around 6 hours. To the person who brought on ebay and found it lasted only 30 minutes, you may have a fraud/watered down copy. People refill old bottles with watered down versions of the real thing. Try sampling in a department store and see if you get only 30 minutes, or whether it lasts longer to find out. Top Notes - rose oil, peony, tangerine Heart Notes - rose Base Notes - amber

About reviewer (1264 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

A few years ago I started my obsession with collecting perfumes that I love. This is one of the first items that I purchased on eBay. This had potential to become my signature sent but for the fact that it only lasts on my skin for 45 minutes no matter how much I overspray. In my opinion it is one of the best smelling perfume since Chloe but that longevity kills me. It's so bad that I'm on here reading other reviews to see if everyone has this problem or if I was sold a fake. If I'm the only one with longevity issues I might repurchase this just in the event mine is a fake. I'm actually hoping that's the case because since that time that I bought this I have purchased three other Stella perfumes and all three of them last at least half a day. This one is the only one that I have longevity issues with. 45 minutes at best is Criminal. So I'm on the mission to read all your reviews to try to determine if what I have is a fake. I love the aroma if it only lasted

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

2 years ago

I shied away from buying another bottle for the longest time, because I was so spooked by all the hype about reformulation and terrible longevity. I bought the EDT just because I knew I couldn't cope in my heart if the EDP wasn't as I remembered. But, here I sit and the jury is in: she's exactly the girl I fell in love with in 2010. People may say she's changed, but either I'm a fool who is delusional with love at having her back, or the small flaws simply don't register after being apart for so long. She was never a fierce, deep rose on my skin, but a light rosey-amber floating about me like a summer breeze, with gentle kisses of freesia and citrus. And that's just what Stella's giving me in 2018. Just as I remembered. If you've been searching in vain for a replacement and haven't smelled the original in years, give her another chance. You know that others can't compare, try as they might.

About reviewer (54 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

I really liked this perfume.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair

HairRed

3 years ago

My go to, has been a beloved piece of my life since it came out 10-ish years ago. Will keep using it until it is discontinued (let's hope that never happens). Nowadays I work in a school and can't wear perfume during the day, but I wear a scent to bed every night. I alternate between this and the edp narcisso.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

Absolutely adore this!! I am a big time lover of rose scent. I find it really relaxing and homey. In 2009-- I started using ponds cold cream to remove my makeup and fell in love with that rose+musk+plastic baby doll head smell. So I tried pacificas rose perfume that I don't think exists anymore, PW tea rose, Paul smith roses, roses de chloe, Crabtree and Evelyn's rose, tbs atlas mountain rose (and I feel like they had a rose scent before this one I also tried), aerin evening rose and rose de grasse, JM red roses, l'occitane roses et reine, Cartier goutte de rose, of course Stella... You get the picture. If it had the name rose on it and I could access a sample within 50 miles of my city-- I went to go test it.... I had a hard time finding what I wanted. I didn't want a rose scent that sat on top of the skin-- and felt like I pulled my clothes out of a drawer of potpourri -- that was my issue with Paul smith roses and roses et reine. I didn't want a super green rose with stems and mud-- my issue with rosse de grasse and JM. I didn't want a tea rose like tbs atlas mountain rose, UO rose scent... I thought roses de Chloe was the one. It even had that signature chloe lychee, soap and woods base that made it so user friendly... But like a cheap rosewater spray. It disappeared completely in under an hour. I would spray my skin, hair, bra and clothes. Just to find it go from cloying strong to completely gone in like an hour or 2... It also broke me out into a contact rash. Stella is rosey musk perfection. It has that musk and Amber base that anchors the rose scent and makes it so so wearable. It's not a potpourri rose; it's a natural *my scent is a rose scent* rose. I adore it!! Oh and if this novel isn't long enough-- I've also been an avid user of soap and glory (original scent) line for about a decade now. For the longest that's all I wore was righteous body butter with no perfume. And I always got compliments about how good I smelled. S&G original pink and also the body spray do NOT smell the same on me. They are heavy in a cheap patch formulation and turn rancid on my skin. So for 10 years I've been searching to duplicate the gorgeous scent of righteous body butter in a perfume form. Stella is the closest I've found. And for this reason will probably remain my every day signature scent for as long as I can still get my hands on it. I wrote this review more as a plea than anything else. Now that it's a sephora exclusive I am crossing fingers and toes that it isn't being phased out. I have gone through a 1oz, 2 body lotions and have just gone all in on the 100ml size. If you love florals, soapy smells, or roses you need Stella in your arsenal <333

About reviewer (130 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

4 years ago

This is my all-time favorite perfume. I chanced upon it one day in a duty free and fell in love with it since. It gives such a sensual rose scent. I feel sexy when I wear it. It's suitable for everyday wear - morning or evening. It's not overpowering.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3.0

4 years ago

Good scent but not the best. For me it smells exactly like chloe rose but stronger and longetivity is great. Update: Drydown smelled like Jessica Simpson's Vintage bloom which is way too masculine for my taste. Pass

About reviewer (33 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

3.0

4 years ago

I got a free sample of this. As others have mentioned, it is a rose scent. I have yet to find any rose scent I like. I love the smell of real roses growing in a garden, but to my knowledge nobody has been able to capture that smell in a perfume. Stella is not that smell, though for a rose scent it is okay. Some rose scents smell really old ladyish and this one is fairly young smelling. Still not for me, though.

About reviewer (306 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

Stella's signature perfume is a beautiful and elegant take on roses. This floral scent is one of my favorites and I never tire of it, other people love it too. Amber and mandarin are added in to elevate the rose notes.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age25-29