LUSH Jungle

LUSH Jungle
Jungle

3.3

Cocoa Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Avocado Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Perfume, Soya Lecithin, Figs, Bananas, Passion Fruit, Kumquats, Kiwi Fruit, Cetrimonium Bromide, Ylang Ylang Oil, Vetivert Oil, Cypress Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Chlorophyll, Limonene, Linalool

I love it, I love it, I love it!
Well to be more precise, I love what it does to my hair - so far the best effect I got with a conditioner. Also in combination with the Trichomania shampoo by Lush it does wonders to my hair.
I used it during summer for 2 months and when I came back home from the holidays, my mother noticed a big difference and complimente on my hair all the time.

However, the packaging is shitty, we all know that, they try to be ecological which I appreciate, but it will bother you every single time you!ll be using this.
To be able to transport it somehow you also have to buy an aluminium box which cost quite a lot for a tiny box and the whole lush thing gets kind of expensive, that's what we know too.

But there's one good thing about the packaging - it's great for travelling since it's not liquid and they let you get through the airport check with no trouble. And it saves a lot of space in your baggage.

Anyway, I highly recommend it if you want to indulge yourself a bit and if you don't mind splurginf a bit.

on 3/6/2016 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The solid shampoo bar is a genius idea. The solid conditioner... not so much. I tried so hard to like this conditioner, for several reason. Aside from my love for the shampoo bars, I also like how soft this conditioner makes my hair. Or more like, how soft it makes the parts of my hair that I actually manage to cover with this conditioner. It is in fact impossible to distribute this into my thick, long and curly hair. Since it doesn't lather like a shampoo does, I've struggled to find a way to make it work. I've rubbed it between my hands, hoping to melt enough product to cover my hair, but only if I had hours to spare on showers that would be a possible solution. Mostly I've tried rubbing it directly onto my hair, with varying results. The strands of hair that I manage to rub some product onto end up silky and moisturized, but, and I need all caps to drive this point home: I HAVE SO MUCH HAIR. It's impossible to make sure to rub the bar all over all of my hair, from scalp to end. Since the bar doesn't lather and doesn't melt, I can only imagine it working for someone with short or very fine hair, or hair that need very little conditioner anyway. I'd give it to my sister who's rocking the pixie cut to try, if it wasn't for the fact that I know the scent would put her off of it.

The scent really is strong, actually. And I can imagine that a lot of people love it. I'm kind of indifferent about it - it's not great, but also not exactly bad. But it does linger a long time, and it's a slight problem because I think it's the kind of unique scent that would clash with any of my other fragrances of choice.

My last resort will be to try to cut this into chunks, and then pour boiling hot water over it to see if I can make it into some sort of paste that I will be able to distribute evenly throughout my hair. If that fails as well, this'll sadly go in the trash.

If Lush ever makes this into a liquid conditioner I'd be more than willing to give it a try, strong scent and all. Meanwhile I'll stay far, far away from any solid conditioner, as it's a concept that I just don't see working. If it doesn't lather or melt - don't make it into a bar!!

To Read all 294 Reviews, Login or Join

EDITED:
So I bought a bar for myself and took it on a backpacking trip in a hot climate. I got used to using it really quickly and found that I could live with the lack of silky hair feeling right out of the shower. Kept my hair soft, shiny and smelling nice for 2 solid days (with a hair serum applied after getting out of the shower). I got 2 weeks of use out of this conditioner, then at some point during a really hot 20 hour bus ride, the bar totally melted in the tin and leaked everywhere in my toiletry bag :( I wasn't able to salvage any of the bar and had to find some conditioner to purchase for the rest of the trip. This is really inconvenient because the main purpose of this bar (for me) was for traveling, and I'm often traveling in warmer climates. I guess you could theoretically put it in a sandwich bag in side the tin or something like that, but it's still pretty annoying. If the bar melting isn't an issue for you, I would recommend it for sure.

ORIGINAL POST:
Fair warning, I've only used this product once (borrowed from a friend as I was really curious about it, but I'm going to purchase it for myself now).

My experience using Jungle solid conditioner:

I shampooed my hair like normal (I use whatever brand of liquid shampoo happens to be one sale at walmart) then took the conditioner and kinda brushed it through my hair, only on hair bellow the ears though. I did that for maybe 30 seconds or so, making sure to coat as much of my hair as possible. Make sure not to squish the bar too much cause it could start to fall apart. I then let it sit in my hair for like 3 minutes or so while I washed my body and whatnot, which is what I normally do with conditioner. At this point, my hair doesn't feel soft and creamy like it normally does with conditioner, it felt as though I hadn't even put any product in. Once I had rinsed it out after 3 minutes, my hair still felt like I hadn't even conditioned. I was getting a bit worried that my hair would end up a frizzy knotted mess by the time it was dry. When I got out of the shower I went to comb my hair, which was way more difficult than usual as my hair was not silky from the conditioner. Once it was brushed I applied my smoothing serum like I always do and then let my hair mostly air dry, then blow dried it out.

This is the exact routine I do every time I wash my hair, except I left out the normal conditioner of course in replace for the Jungle bar. After my hair was dry, it felt exactly as soft and silky as it normally did. It smelt nice, kinda like a mix of my shampoo and Jungle, I can't remember if the smell stayed for too long. I only was my hair every two days, so I was eager to see the condition of my hair the next day. It was basically the same as when I use normal conditioner, but maybe it was a tad dryer, but really not by much. I noticed my hair was static-y, but it was manageable with a bit of hair serum (something I normally add on my second-day-hair anyways).

Overall I would would say this did the job well enough, although I really missed having soft silky hair that was easy to comb through right out of the shower. My hair is about 5 inches past my shoulders, but if I had really long hair, I don't think I would like this as much. I'm going to purchase a bar for myself and try it out for a few more days, and also take it with me on an upcoming trip. I'll edit my review if I find after a few days of using that I change my opinion about this bar.

on 1/2/2016 1:24:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really wanted to like this, I have issues with hair falling out and Lush Retread conditioner works great for me but I was hoping this would have a bit more slip and last longer. It does last a long time, which is something I have also found with the solid shampoos but it's not moisturizing enough for me. Like a lot of Lush products I am not a big fan of the scent of this. Would recommend for someone with normal to oily hair but not dry hair. Would not repurchase.

on 12/5/2015 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I like LUSH Jungle solid hair conditioner, but I don't LOVE it, and here is why:

Pros: I feel like it's a good quality product, my hair feels very soft after using it. The smell is alright, in my opinion (nothing amazing, but better than some other hair products by LUSH). Very convenient when traveling.

Cons: it takes me ages to properly apply it on my hair... It does not melt easily when I need it to, but - ironically - it melts quite fast if I don't dry it well after using (lost quite a bit of the product when once left it to sit in a humid bathroom). Too much hassle to use it on long and thick hair like mine.

While Jungle conditioner is OK, I definitely prefer Veganese creamy conditioner by LUSH. Same great quality, but easier to use.

on 10/5/2015 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've tried to like this solid conditioner but it is awful. Makes your hair sticky and waxy. It's unfortunate though because it smells Devine. I just use it as a hand treatment and rub it in between my hands and then rinse off the excess..and it seems to work well that way.

on 9/14/2015 6:19:00 PM

My go to for travelling, I've been using this for around 8 years on and off. It isn't the most moisturising thing I've used on my rather dry and very thick hair but it's good enough, I just add a bit extra to my ends and do my my usual routine (air dry in two or three braids to avoid puffiness). Note: I do not color or heat style my hair so if you have damage this may not do anything for you. I think it would work best on normal to oily hair but my dry fuzzy hair does respond well to it.

I understand that the usage of it is not very straight forward, and like the shampoo bars, takes some experimenting.

I just run it down the shaft of my hair, it gets easier when its in the tin and one side goes a bit mushy (the opposite of what you want with the shampoo bars! Dry them out of the shower for longevity) And you just run the softer side down the hair. If it's too hard I just use my swiss knife to scrape a bit into the lid and add some water, by the time you finish shampooing etc it's ready to use. It feels like nothing in your hair, it doesn't have that slip a good liquid conditioner has but my hair seems well moisturiser afterwards.

Smell: its a love it or hate it. I think it smells fruity, tropical and a tiny bit piney. Love it. Sometimes when its been sitting in my travel toiletry bag and I haven't used it in a while, I open it and sniff it.

All round - a decent conditioner for even dry hair, ideal for travelling particularly if you backpack as I like to, and smells really fresh.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Amazing! This makes my hair so silky but not weighed down & smells so awesome. This & Big Conditioner were my first Lush conditioners & sparked a big love affair w Lush for me. This smells like camping & pine & campfires w marshmallows in summer & throw in a tropical note. That's how I'd describe the scent it's just lovely & coaxes out the curl in my naturally curly hair w/o frizz. I just coat my ends & leave in a minute or so & rinse. I'm obsessed w shampoo & conditioner bars. I'm planning a trip to Lush tomorrow in fact :)

on 6/18/2015 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a very good conditioner for dry brittle hair. A tip would be melting the conditioner like ny other ones out there and then apply it while showering.

It smells exotic and conditions the hair amazingly well! I had no problems gliding the bar on the ends of my hair. For extra coverage, I also melted some product onto my hand and smoothed the butter all over my hair ends. Smell lingers after shower. Product is competitively priced too. Overall, I'm pretty happy with this!