MMU Cosmetics Hands Up (hand cream)[Discontinued]

No Image

3.9

on 6/1/2008 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have this hand cream in Bathing Beauty, which is a lovely warm coconut scent. It's a pleasant lotion, lightly moisturising but without leaving a greasy film on my skin. I keep it on my desk at work and never have any problem typing after putting it on - my fingers don't slide over the keys, which does happen sometimes with other lotions.

The packaging for this one is also great. It has a flip top cap, and actually stands on the cap so (a) there's no need to fight with a palmful of lotion and a screw top, and (b) the lotion is always at the right end of the bottle.

I find that the scent lasts very well on this one, to the point of clashing with my perfume. In future I might order a less strong scent for this reason alone.

on 3/17/2005 1:09:00 AM

Hmmmm...after reading all of the positive reviews, maybe I got a dud? This is a thin, runny, lotion, that barely moisturizes at all. Claims there's an 'invisible glove' effect, but I find it's gone after washing my hands. Definitely not moisturizing enough for me. Also not a fan of the scent I got--Tarte et Citron. I was expecting a lemon tart scent, as per the name and description on the website, butit really just smells gross. Unlike any lemon and/or pastry I've ever smelled.

I like this stuff quite a bit, but now that the weather is getting colder, I think I might need something a bit stronger. I do like the formula of this hand cream, however; it is of medium consistency, and not at all greasy. Also, I do think it provides a bit of extra protection like it's product description says; I think the phrase "invisible glove" comes into play somewhere in the descrip.

Although I think this is a very nice hand cream I dont really see any difference between using this and using any good body cream on the hands. After I finish using this up I will probably just use MMU's shea body butter souffle on my hands because I love it! Oh and I got the hand cream in the Cinnamon Bun Bons scent and i have to say that it is dead on! Smells exactly as described and is pretty strong too.

on 2/10/2004 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

As with most MMU creams, this has a great texture that absorbs well. It leaves no greasy residue, but is not *quite* as moisturizing as my favorite L'Occitane shea butter hand cream. I would also prefer it in a tube to a jar so I could easily take it on the go. Still, another nice MMU product that leaves hand soft & nicely scented! I got it in Lemon Icing & Cupcake - a blend divine for lemon/foody lovers!

on 12/27/2003 3:23:00 PM

I love the thick creamyness of the lotion! Wonderful on hands and feet in my opinion. However the scent I chose was Boston Cream Pie in Strong, and I don't find it all that strong or that interesting smelling. I smell a nice light nutty scent. Good, but not what I thought I ordered. I would buy again but a different scent. Seems like MMU doesn't make the greatest foody/chocolate scents.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Iím one of those kind who always thought -- why use a separate hand cream, when a good body cream can do the job? After using this product, I can see the benefit.

While I love MMUís Shea Body Butter Souffle, it is not quite as emollient as the hand cream. Hands Up has that little extra hydrating-quotient thatís not at all greasy, but provides more staying power on the oft-abused hands. I put this on in the morning (or after doing the dishes) and my hands are soft and moisturized for the day. Not to mention they smell incredible. I got this in one of my favorite MMU scents - Pink Lemonade Ė and itís a divine duo of fragrance and feeling.
Note: Would be GREAT if this came in a tube, as opposed to a jar. continued >>