Annabelle Eyeshadow in General

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/10/2017 12:04:00 AM

Good price, durable packaging. These eyeshadows tend to be flat (very little fall out), pigmented and easy to blend. There is a good range of shadows including neutrals, brights, in matte, satin, shimmery and metallic formulas. I wish there were just a few more eyeshadows in the annabelle line as they are all so good!

on 5/28/2017 11:51:00 PM

Sorry but no. I bought a bunch of these recently when they were on sale at my local drugstore, having seen mostly good reviews, and it's a brand I don't have much experience with. I really wanted them to be good since they're a Canadian brand...but unless the ones I bought happened to be old duds....these were poos. Dry, stiff, and unpigmented and wore off so quickly. My favourite of the bunch is in the shade Aura, it was the softest and least dry/hard of the bunch and a super pretty pale shade...but it's super crumbly and keeps wanting to fall out of the pan I have to keep trying to press it back in so it doesn't pop right out onto the floor. Sigh....

on 12/12/2014 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've had different Annabelle eyeshadows before, but I'm mostly basing this review on the "Goddess" eyeshadow single. There's also a quad that includes Goddess as one of the colours, and the other three are wonderfully complimentary to each other. Goddess is a beautiful bronze colour that is orange-based.

This shadow is incredibly pigmented, and it only takes one swipe to get a full colour pay-off. Pretty amazing. I recommend packing this shadow on with a dense brush, and over a primer to bring out its full colour and aid in staying power. I haven't experienced any fall out at all, even though it is on the metallic side and does have shimmer.

I think all of the Annabelle shadows have the same stong pigmentation and are definitely worth the $6 I paid for them. Their quads (which contain most of the eyeshadow singles) go for around $11 for 4 colours, which is also a good price. The company does a good job of including 4 usable colours that are of the same quality.

I love "Goddess" as a shadow in particular, because the tone matches my Olive skin wonderfully. It is almost the same colour as my Indianwood paint pot, which is my absolute favourite paintpot. When I wear them together, they create an intensely pigmented and long-wearing bronze wash over my eyes. On its own, "Goddess" does set on my eyes and last well by itself, and it looks more sheer as well, which is good when I want lighter colour pay-off.

Overall, I would recommend Annabelle's eyeshadow singles if you're especially interested in one or two colours. Check out the shadow quads if you're looking for an entire eye look that have well-curated colours. Highly recommend these shadows. For $6, the quality of these are comparable or sometimes even better than more expensive shadows. I'm really impressed by them!

on 2/21/2014 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I picked the quad "Pink a Boo" up at my favorite drugstore. The price was very good and I really loved the colours. But, after just a few minutes of wearing this eyeshadow my eyes were tearing and my skin on my eye lids were irritated. I'm glad I didn't spend too much and will not be buying Annabelle products again. If they can't use good ingredients in their products then their product isn't worth anything.

on 7/26/2012 9:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Since there are so many brands that aren't carried in Canada I'm glad that there are some brands exclusive to igloo country! I have tried several Annabelle eyeshadows including some trios, and singles. I definitely reccomend these, they are almost as pigmented as Wet n Wild, but with much less fall out. There is a good selection of neutrals, although they could have a bigger selection of brighter colors. My favorite of all, however is suedine, a nice medium taupe shade, a little bit warmer than MAC's satin taupe, with soft gold shimmer. Its gorgeous as an all over eyeshadow color with a vanilla highlight, and some dark brown liner and mascara.

on 1/28/2011 1:37:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

i have been using these shadows for over 20 years and for the price, you can find no better, especially on sale (if SDM is too expensive for you, try Wal Mart)...there is some fallout with shimmery dark colours but nothing too extreme

on 8/9/2010 2:48:00 AM

I love these eye shadows! I think they are the best you can get at a drug store (in Canada anyway). The colours stay on and don't fade away (they don't blend out into nothing like a lot of eye shadows) and they are very pigmented. They aren't very powdery so there isn't a large amount of fall out. They are just great. I will repurchase many different colours, I'm sure!

on 7/25/2010 3:56:00 AM

For the price of these babies, i totally think they''re worth it! I noticed a lot of people improperly use eyeshadows and complain about the brand...one tip: with the right primer underneath using annabelle eye shadow, it can last almost the whole day!! They also have great, brilliant colors!! A lot of my friends thought i always wore mac for my eyes but when I told them that it was annabelle, they were shocked and now i got them buying it too =) totally repurchase them <3

on 6/26/2010 2:49:00 PM

I feel like such a fool! Always passing Annabelle at Shoppers for all these years mainly because the brand looked so cheap! I think the whole rebranding of their packaging look has really helped the customer come around. These eyeshadows are lovely! I bought the deal at Shoppers with the 4 eyeshadows....very impressed. Great to play around with colours because they are so inexpensive.

on 6/26/2010 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE ANNABELLE EYESHADOWS!
they are so creamy and smooth!
perfect dupes for mac eyeshadows!
come in a variety of colors and apply nicely!
and they are not expensive!!!!