Paula Dorf Perfect Primer

Paula Dorf Perfect Primer

3.5

on 5/9/2012 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Smooths my dry skin. foundation looks great wouldn't buy anything else. Love it

on 9/6/2011 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product is perfection. I got it as a gift on another site and love it. It works well over my moisturizer (Lancome) and then my foundation just glides on. I have noticed that sometimes the mixture will separate. I store it on its side and then shake it before I use it. I think you can store it upside down and that would help too. My complexion is dry (I just turned 60, but a young 60!!) and it's fine. I would give it a 5, but for the separating.

I really don't understand the bad reviews for this primer. I purchased this primer for normal/oily complexion and it works better than any other primer I've tried. It makes my skin so smooth and makes my makeup go on so nice and smooth. I guess the younger girls that reviewed this product have a smooth complexion already, because this stuff is great for my mixed complexion. I tried this after visiting narcissus with my daughter and they carried the whole line of paula dorf products. I may try the Paula Dorf foundation, if it's as good as this primer I'll be very happy.

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Silkiest primer ever!! I used this when I was working as a make up artist and I was impressed with how silky and smooth this primer is. It corrects the skin tone making it look flawless and spreads out evenly. My clients looked airbrushed and I can say the same for when I have used it. It makes your foundation last very long which is a plus when you need it to stick, even in the dog days of summer!!!

on 4/1/2010 9:01:00 AM

I purchased this when my local Ulta was out of my usual Urban Decay primer. I was thrilled when I first used it, it left my skin so silky and smooth and my foundation blended flawlessly over it. This is one of the only products that hasn't made me break out. I think I have a new usual product, and I would definitely recommend this to everyone to try.

so i recently went to my ulta store and found this primer and i have to say i LOVE it! my skin feels so silky and soft. my foundation stays on smooth and even. compared to smashbox photo finish light, the paula dorf perfect primer for oily skin is WONDERFUL. i just love the way PD feels on my skin and love how it leaves my skin looking just as great. i would definitely recommend this to all my friends and family.

on 4/17/2008 1:25:00 AM

What was this supposed to? All it did was create a nice layer of white on my skin. The saleslady said "your foundation sits on top of your primer." Yeah right! This stuff is overpriced junk. Don't buy it. Or at least bring it back quick if you see it doesn't work.

on 9/23/2009 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been on a personal mission for a while now to find a primer that will control oil, even out skin tone (just a touch), minimize pores (just a tiny bit), and won't make me feel like my make up is sliding off of my face within an hour of application. I found the oily/combination skin formulation for this at my local Ulta store, and thought I'd give it a try. I seemed pretty happy with the first tube. Happy enough that I purchased a second tube when I ran out.

Then something funky happened.

On the first application of my second tube, I went to squeeze out a small amount, and a runny, oily (yes OILY) substance came out. Ick. Thinking that perhaps the tube sat on the shelf for a while and separated, I proceeded to shake, knead, and re-mix the product in the tube. It did make the consistency better, but it was still an oily, slippery mess. I tried to make the best of it, and was willing to entertain the thought that I'd simply wound up with a bad tube. After all, I seemed to like the first tube well enough to spring for the full retail price a second time. (Yes, I seem to be hopelessly optimistic). By the time I was ready for a third tube, I figured I'd purchase on eBay and see how that went. This was turning into a pricey experiment. Again, a runny, oily, greasy substance squirted out of the tube. No matter how much I try to mix this, or how much slack I try to cut this product, it just simply isn't working. Has this been re-formulated? I really did seem to like that first tube. The product I've experienced these last two tubes makes the perfect base for my make up to go sliding off of my face, and welcomes the greasies. Ugh. Totally not what you'd expect in an oily/combination skin primer formulation.

I'm cutting my losses and moving on to a different primer. Sorry, Paula, but this just isn't earning my hard earned dollars any longer. :(

on 7/21/2008 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am surprised by the negative reviews of this product. I absolutely love it! It is the primer I have been looking for for years. My foundation looks awesome on top of this. I just use toner, and then this primer before foundation. Doesn't work well with moisturizer underneath, but with mango butter in it, it does plenty to moisturize. I love the way it makes my face glow and makes my foundation last forever. I have found my HG! You have to shake the tube well before using. It doesn't break my face out and gives it an awesome surface for any type of foundation. Love it!

This works great and I love the texture, super silky. Wonderful product!

Popular Primer/ Correctors