Filtered by skin tone : Olive

on 9/20/2015 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Opening and middle evolution of this scent is evokative of many unisex niche offerings today, but particularly Reminds me of FM Eau de Hiver ( they share Hawthorne, bergamot and musk). I like Fahrenheit better because it is interesting on the skin in all stages and is not as powdery on me. Hours later, the remnants of this have become a skin scent that skews more traditionally masculine with Lavander, cedar, vetiver and musk. Fahrenheit is traditional enough not to be of interest to my husband ( he currently wears FM Vetiver Extraordinairre). But, I love vintage fragrances and wear scents regardless of gender, so this is not an issue for me.

As per fragrantica, this is a 1988 floral, wood, musk with the following accords: lavender, mandarin, hawthorn, nutmeg, cedar, citrus, chamomile; honeysuckle, carnation, sandalwood, violet leaf, jasmine, lily; leather, tonka bean, amber, patchouli, musk and vetiver. Immediate dry down is spicy, smokey and wood focused and soft (I dab sparingly). I particularly like that it doesn't turn into an modern honeyed Amber wood oriental gourmand powdery with ambroxan and benzoin.The progression seems to be a floral sweetness honeysuckle (possibly where the impression of petrol in some reviews comes in); then Hawthorne, tempered by the green freshness of Violet leaves, citrus and cedar, finally Lavander, musk, spice and woods.

I don't find this overly phenolic or rubbery. IMO, it's much more subtle and blended than SL tuberose criminelle or the niche Lys Epona which have a leather/petrol opening thrown into high contrast with tuberose or Lily respectively. this also has far less petrol and rubberiness than Bulgari Black.

note: my older manufacturers sample is strong. A single dab will be more than enough. I think spraying this would be too much.

on 2/22/2010 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Well, Idk...I would LOVE to buy this...I know it's a men's fragrance but it smells just amazing.
My ex Husband wore this all the time, I mean, dude bathed in it. It did not offend me though, but rather made me feel warm, safe and relaxed. The beauty of his memory (although he was a bastard) lives in the scent of this wonderful fragrance. It speaks of sexiness, confidence and youth...more specifically OUR youth together and our long gone love...which is why I won't buy it and wear it. Plus he was a very fair blond and I don't think this would smell the same on me.

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Angel for Men

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Top Rated Fragrance