Filtered by eye Color : Green

4.6

on 11/15/2013 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pure sex in a bottle. Yes, its a late 80s/early 90s cologne but SO WHAT? So is Shalimar (80s), Opium (70s) and goodness knows how old Chanel no 5 is but people still rave about them so who cares when it was formulated?

Top notes: Hawthorn, Honeysuckle
Middle notes: Sandalwood
Base notes: Lenstiscus, Styrax

I find this cologne very unique. There is nothing I can compare it to. To me, its pure animalistic, fragrant, masculine, pheromonic sweat. I dont know why but this cologne does something very primal to me. When a man wears this, I am completely under his spell. LOVE it :)

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Well...this frag is ageing so well (as first issued some 23 years ago, year 1988), I mean it's now a classic, like Eau Sauvage is (another timeless, winner men's cologne from Dior that is at least 40 years old). Of course the 2 frags have nothing in common a part the fact that they are tremendously well constructed and appealing, in their own peculiar way.
Fahrenheit is a chypre/mossy/floral musk built on some unique accord of voilets, leather and patchouli. Indeed it's unique and I never ever smelled such a refined and enticing mixture (well, dupes do not count!) in other frags.
Starts fresh and continues being round and spicy, warm and steady.. plenty of sillage and lasts until the day after.
As everybody says, that is sex in a bottle.
A bit overtly sported, the man wearing that is a self confident verging to "smartass" type of guy. He is hot! That is not for the shy ones!
I have to confess that I was a very young lady and Fahrenheit was all the rage being just out; I recall walking in the street and I smelled it on a refined young man; the frag was soooooo good that I followed the guy all the way, completely forgetting where I was headed to, I was just so oblivious inhaling his fragrance!! I was like mesmerized. Talk about the The Magic Flute in perfumery! :o)
No need to say that I have been buying this frag to all the guys I dated at the time.
A real masterpiece in fragrance!

_____________
Notes:
top note Mandarin, Bergamot
middle note Violet leaves, Nutmeg, Carnation
base note Vetiver, Patchouli, Leather

I think this is too strong. My boyfriend wore it once and I couldnt even sit next to him.

Super sexy! And as mentioned, not as predictable as the usual suspects in men's cologne (Cool Water, I'm talking about you!)
The only thing I love on my man as much as this is Marc Jacobs for men. Yummy!

on 10/30/2003 4:56:00 PM

I'm a woman, and I often resist the heavy florals--they're too strong on my nose, and remind me of my middle-aged aunts. I love my aunts, but I certainly don't want to smell like them. In response to the overly-floral feminine fragrances out there, I picked up Fahrenheit after I loved it on an old boyfriend, my first love (who was gay, it turns out). It's sophisticated and deep, and very warm. I wore it for years, and received many, many compliments--most frequently from straight men, ironically. Men LOVED it on me. If you don't like uber-florals, try a spritz. Smelling the tester is helpful, but the base notes don't always come through. My highest recommendation.

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Angel for Men

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Top Rated Fragrance