Dior Fahrenheit

Dior Fahrenheit

4.3

on 9/20/2015 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Opening and middle evolution of this scent is evokative of many unisex niche offerings today, but particularly Reminds me of FM Eau de Hiver ( they share Hawthorne, bergamot and musk). I like Fahrenheit better because it is interesting on the skin in all stages and is not as powdery on me. Hours later, the remnants of this have become a skin scent that skews more traditionally masculine with Lavander, cedar, vetiver and musk. Fahrenheit is traditional enough not to be of interest to my husband ( he currently wears FM Vetiver Extraordinairre). But, I love vintage fragrances and wear scents regardless of gender, so this is not an issue for me.

As per fragrantica, this is a 1988 floral, wood, musk with the following accords: lavender, mandarin, hawthorn, nutmeg, cedar, citrus, chamomile; honeysuckle, carnation, sandalwood, violet leaf, jasmine, lily; leather, tonka bean, amber, patchouli, musk and vetiver. Immediate dry down is spicy, smokey and wood focused and soft (I dab sparingly). I particularly like that it doesn't turn into an modern honeyed Amber wood oriental gourmand powdery with ambroxan and benzoin.The progression seems to be a floral sweetness honeysuckle (possibly where the impression of petrol in some reviews comes in); then Hawthorne, tempered by the green freshness of Violet leaves, citrus and cedar, finally Lavander, musk, spice and woods.

I don't find this overly phenolic or rubbery. IMO, it's much more subtle and blended than SL tuberose criminelle or the niche Lys Epona which have a leather/petrol opening thrown into high contrast with tuberose or Lily respectively. this also has far less petrol and rubberiness than Bulgari Black.

note: my older manufacturers sample is strong. A single dab will be more than enough. I think spraying this would be too much.

on 3/4/2012 12:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Goes on plastic smoke, very like Birch tar, and dries to lye soap. A suggestion of fake leather notes over the slightly fatty, dry-clean of homemade lye soap. Weird and sort of awful.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I brought this for a guy I had a major crush on as a Christmas present way back in my teenie years. It is the most amazing masculine sexy scent and my number 1 fav on men. It is kinda of strong, and unfortunately my husband is not a fan of it, he is more into Hugo Boss scents, which I like too. But I have to admit, today when I get a whiff of this from any guy, I find myself doing a double take of that guy..... It will always be special for me.

on 2/22/2010 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Well, Idk...I would LOVE to buy this...I know it's a men's fragrance but it smells just amazing.
My ex Husband wore this all the time, I mean, dude bathed in it. It did not offend me though, but rather made me feel warm, safe and relaxed. The beauty of his memory (although he was a bastard) lives in the scent of this wonderful fragrance. It speaks of sexiness, confidence and youth...more specifically OUR youth together and our long gone love...which is why I won't buy it and wear it. Plus he was a very fair blond and I don't think this would smell the same on me.

Hate to be the one to give a negative review in the midst of all these raves but this product does absolutely nothing for me when my bf wears it. I can't smell it on him!! There is nothing wrong with my nose either...very strange. Wish he'd switch back to Joop...

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Christian Dior's Fahrenheit is perfection in a bottle!!! I totally think it lives up to it's name... It is intensely sexy and a complete masterpiece, imo, and so far, no other men's fragrance has compared to it. It has a warmth and intensity that drives me to distraction, and if sex appeal could be bottled and sold, I believe it would smell like Fahrenheit. It's a mainstay in my husband's collection, and to be honest, I have seriously thought about wearing it myself. Can you tell the intense love I feel for this scent?! LOL There has only been one other men's fragrance that get's this type of reaction from me, so me liking a men's fragrance this much happens every 20 years or so...

I discovered this scent on a middle aged repair man at my work. Hahaha. I ended up asking him after many trips past him, what it was. I then bought it for the BF. It's so true it IS sex in a bottle. Yummy. Smooth. Mmm.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My DH likes it but it is booooooring!!!! This is a classical scent (so decent, so serious), I admit that, and there's nothing bad about it, but I just prefer fragrances with something more "something special" in it. I was satisfied when my DH replaced it with some other fragrances.

Oh wow! I went looking for this fragrance in women's on MUA! No wonder I couldn't find it! My boyfriend sent a sample of this to me with a bottle of Comme des Garcons Flower Power- I didn't realize it was for men!!! I was just on the phone telling him how much I love it.

And I do! I think I might keep wearing it, even though I'm a girl and the era of eau de unisex is ten years gone. Fahrenheit smells clean and dirty (sexy dirty) at the same time. Like ivory soap and something woodsy. I don't know how to describe it, but it's very subtle and settles nicely on the skin. I can see why it might drive so many girls crazy! Maybe I'll only wear it to bed!

on 2/16/2006 8:15:00 PM

I've loved this for years now, as my brother wore this all through high school. I'm not a big fan of cologne as it all seems to smell the same to me. This is very different though. It smells AMAZING! This is the kind of scent you wish your boyfriend wore so you could steal his clothes to wear to bed at night when you can't be with him. It's just a very warm and comforting scent to me. I have bought this for almost every guy I have ever dated, and they all have LOVED it. Sexy, masculine, warm, everything a great cologne should be.

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Touch for Men

Popular Fragrances (for Men)