Dior Fahrenheit

Dior Fahrenheit

3.9

on 9/20/2015 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Opening and middle evolution of this scent is evokative of many unisex niche offerings today, but particularly Reminds me of FM Eau de Hiver ( they share Hawthorne, bergamot and musk). I like Fahrenheit better because it is interesting on the skin in all stages and is not as powdery on me. Hours later, the remnants of this have become a skin scent that skews more traditionally masculine with Lavander, cedar, vetiver and musk. Fahrenheit is traditional enough not to be of interest to my husband ( he currently wears FM Vetiver Extraordinairre). But, I love vintage fragrances and wear scents regardless of gender, so this is not an issue for me.

As per fragrantica, this is a 1988 floral, wood, musk with the following accords: lavender, mandarin, hawthorn, nutmeg, cedar, citrus, chamomile; honeysuckle, carnation, sandalwood, violet leaf, jasmine, lily; leather, tonka bean, amber, patchouli, musk and vetiver. Immediate dry down is spicy, smokey and wood focused and soft (I dab sparingly). I particularly like that it doesn't turn into an modern honeyed Amber wood oriental gourmand powdery with ambroxan and benzoin.The progression seems to be a floral sweetness honeysuckle (possibly where the impression of petrol in some reviews comes in); then Hawthorne, tempered by the green freshness of Violet leaves, citrus and cedar, finally Lavander, musk, spice and woods.

I don't find this overly phenolic or rubbery. IMO, it's much more subtle and blended than SL tuberose criminelle or the niche Lys Epona which have a leather/petrol opening thrown into high contrast with tuberose or Lily respectively. this also has far less petrol and rubberiness than Bulgari Black.

note: my older manufacturers sample is strong. A single dab will be more than enough. I think spraying this would be too much.

on 11/15/2013 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pure sex in a bottle. Yes, its a late 80s/early 90s cologne but SO WHAT? So is Shalimar (80s), Opium (70s) and goodness knows how old Chanel no 5 is but people still rave about them so who cares when it was formulated?

Top notes: Hawthorn, Honeysuckle
Middle notes: Sandalwood
Base notes: Lenstiscus, Styrax

I find this cologne very unique. There is nothing I can compare it to. To me, its pure animalistic, fragrant, masculine, pheromonic sweat. I dont know why but this cologne does something very primal to me. When a man wears this, I am completely under his spell. LOVE it :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is such a classic fragrance from Dior parfums.Has an oriental scent, sexy, mature, fire and reminds me of a high spirit. This unisex(actually men) fragrance is not really loving. Basically i love flowery scents, so i don't really like this fahrenheit smells. The packaging is Worst...bad colors combination and design, how come that Dior created a bad design packaging,while his rivalry chanel could create a classy-classic packaging design for her fenomenal no.5 coco chanel fragrance.The scent tends to be a man fragrance than mature woman scent(it's a Homme). Don't like!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I guess i'm in the minority here but all I get from this scent is MOTOR OIL!! Seriously, I work around fragrances all day and I have to say that this is by far one of the worst. I tried to like it but I just can't get past that motor oil accord I keep smelling. If that was toned down, I think it would be fine. I guess this scent might appeal to a guy who wants to smell like Mr. Alpha Male in the Extreme. If I want to smell quaker state, I'll go get my oil changed. Pass.

on 12/25/2005 11:58:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is an awesome l'eau de parfume for guys. It's fresh, spicy and sexy. It's unbelievably long-lasting as well.

on 10/10/2005 5:26:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The most sexy perfume for man I ever smelled; when it happens to come across this scent I can't help turning around: unfortunately most of the times the user is a deception:-)
Use just a little bit otherwise it's just too much (like G.Armani Acqua)

on 6/7/2004 4:11:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Mmmmm...leather...The initial scent is a bit familiar--maybe like the original RL Polo? I'm not positive. However, that fades away and you're left w/ the nicest smell of leather. If you can't stand all of the Drakkar Noir & Cool Water clones out there, this is a perfect alternative. Much less sharp, much more subtle--spicy, warm, and comforting.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I actually bought this for my *Dad* as a Father's day and then birthday present.

All of my fragrance purchases for my father must be pre-approved by my Mom. Well, she totally loves this scent on my Dad! It's a very classy fragrance and my Mom considers this one of her favorites on him.

There's something warm and inviting about the scent but it is still subtle and not overpowering. Dior does some nice GWP's prior to Father's day--as a nice extra, I got a large weekender bag that's very nice. The bottom compartment zips around to keep stuff separated. Dad travels a lot & uses the bag all the time. He can keep shoes or wet things in the bottom part. This was a great goodie & my Dad really liked this on top of the fabulous fragrance!

I like this scent enough that *I* would try to wear it. I think it smells unique, warm, & totally inviting.

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Fahrenheit

Popular Fragrances (for Men)