4.3

on 3/4/2012 12:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Goes on plastic smoke, very like Birch tar, and dries to lye soap. A suggestion of fake leather notes over the slightly fatty, dry-clean of homemade lye soap. Weird and sort of awful.

on 12/6/2011 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got a sample of this and both me and my DH found this scent repulsive. Reminded me of what I smell when I walk into a showroom full of automobile tires. Well, I guess it is a manly scent... if you like a man who smells like he does wheel balancing all day. Blech! Not for us! :oP

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I guess i'm in the minority here but all I get from this scent is MOTOR OIL!! Seriously, I work around fragrances all day and I have to say that this is by far one of the worst. I tried to like it but I just can't get past that motor oil accord I keep smelling. If that was toned down, I think it would be fine. I guess this scent might appeal to a guy who wants to smell like Mr. Alpha Male in the Extreme. If I want to smell quaker state, I'll go get my oil changed. Pass.

Hate to be the one to give a negative review in the midst of all these raves but this product does absolutely nothing for me when my bf wears it. I can't smell it on him!! There is nothing wrong with my nose either...very strange. Wish he'd switch back to Joop...

thank you ladies to know you are out there sharing my opinion on this stuff- it is the BOMB. I told my guy that it is sex in a bottle and poof! he was down at Macy's buying some heh heh. I had just gotten him a bottle of Aqua di Gio but I would rather have him wear this, it WORKS!
cheers,
Kathryn

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is such a classic fragrance from Dior parfums.Has an oriental scent, sexy, mature, fire and reminds me of a high spirit. This unisex(actually men) fragrance is not really loving. Basically i love flowery scents, so i don't really like this fahrenheit smells. The packaging is Worst...bad colors combination and design, how come that Dior created a bad design packaging,while his rivalry chanel could create a classy-classic packaging design for her fenomenal no.5 coco chanel fragrance.The scent tends to be a man fragrance than mature woman scent(it's a Homme). Don't like!

on 9/20/2015 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Opening and middle evolution of this scent is evokative of many unisex niche offerings today, but particularly Reminds me of FM Eau de Hiver ( they share Hawthorne, bergamot and musk). I like Fahrenheit better because it is interesting on the skin in all stages and is not as powdery on me. Hours later, the remnants of this have become a skin scent that skews more traditionally masculine with Lavander, cedar, vetiver and musk. Fahrenheit is traditional enough not to be of interest to my husband ( he currently wears FM Vetiver Extraordinairre). But, I love vintage fragrances and wear scents regardless of gender, so this is not an issue for me.

As per fragrantica, this is a 1988 floral, wood, musk with the following accords: lavender, mandarin, hawthorn, nutmeg, cedar, citrus, chamomile; honeysuckle, carnation, sandalwood, violet leaf, jasmine, lily; leather, tonka bean, amber, patchouli, musk and vetiver. Immediate dry down is spicy, smokey and wood focused and soft (I dab sparingly). I particularly like that it doesn't turn into an modern honeyed Amber wood oriental gourmand powdery with ambroxan and benzoin.The progression seems to be a floral sweetness honeysuckle (possibly where the impression of petrol in some reviews comes in); then Hawthorne, tempered by the green freshness of Violet leaves, citrus and cedar, finally Lavander, musk, spice and woods.

I don't find this overly phenolic or rubbery. IMO, it's much more subtle and blended than SL tuberose criminelle or the niche Lys Epona which have a leather/petrol opening thrown into high contrast with tuberose or Lily respectively. this also has far less petrol and rubberiness than Bulgari Black.

note: my older manufacturers sample is strong. A single dab will be more than enough. I think spraying this would be too much.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My DH likes it but it is booooooring!!!! This is a classical scent (so decent, so serious), I admit that, and there's nothing bad about it, but I just prefer fragrances with something more "something special" in it. I was satisfied when my DH replaced it with some other fragrances.

on 7/19/2005 12:51:00 AM

I don't get the comparisons to Grey Flannel that people talk about at all! Not even remotely alike. This is a very cedary, dry, woody fragrance on my skin. It sort of starts out a tad harsh and too masculine but dries to a glorious pencil shaving woodiness that makes me want to snuggle. I can see a man with some stubble wearing this in Aspen after a long day on the mountain skiing. Sexy!

I think this is too strong. My boyfriend wore it once and I couldnt even sit next to him.

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Touch for Men

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Top Rated Fragrance