4.3

on 11/15/2013 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pure sex in a bottle. Yes, its a late 80s/early 90s cologne but SO WHAT? So is Shalimar (80s), Opium (70s) and goodness knows how old Chanel no 5 is but people still rave about them so who cares when it was formulated?

Top notes: Hawthorn, Honeysuckle
Middle notes: Sandalwood
Base notes: Lenstiscus, Styrax

I find this cologne very unique. There is nothing I can compare it to. To me, its pure animalistic, fragrant, masculine, pheromonic sweat. I dont know why but this cologne does something very primal to me. When a man wears this, I am completely under his spell. LOVE it :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Loathed it upon first sniff, having grown up on the fresh & friendly likes of CKOne and Lacoste Essential; now consider it my HG fragrance, my perfume avatar, the one I want to be buried with a bottle of. Goes on fresh, floral and herbal; quickly morphs into the smell of the inside of your garage, mid-July (lawnmower trimmings, gasoline, sawdust); then settles into a nutty, musky groove that calls to mind a warm leather jacket in the cooler months, and dry baked earth (or asphalt) in the summer. Dark, mesmerizing, and addictive; the "tall dark stranger" in fragrance form. Old-school in the best possible way. Were it up to me, every man on earth would smell like this.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Well...this frag is ageing so well (as first issued some 23 years ago, year 1988), I mean it's now a classic, like Eau Sauvage is (another timeless, winner men's cologne from Dior that is at least 40 years old). Of course the 2 frags have nothing in common a part the fact that they are tremendously well constructed and appealing, in their own peculiar way.
Fahrenheit is a chypre/mossy/floral musk built on some unique accord of voilets, leather and patchouli. Indeed it's unique and I never ever smelled such a refined and enticing mixture (well, dupes do not count!) in other frags.
Starts fresh and continues being round and spicy, warm and steady.. plenty of sillage and lasts until the day after.
As everybody says, that is sex in a bottle.
A bit overtly sported, the man wearing that is a self confident verging to "smartass" type of guy. He is hot! That is not for the shy ones!
I have to confess that I was a very young lady and Fahrenheit was all the rage being just out; I recall walking in the street and I smelled it on a refined young man; the frag was soooooo good that I followed the guy all the way, completely forgetting where I was headed to, I was just so oblivious inhaling his fragrance!! I was like mesmerized. Talk about the The Magic Flute in perfumery! :o)
No need to say that I have been buying this frag to all the guys I dated at the time.
A real masterpiece in fragrance!

_____________
Notes:
top note Mandarin, Bergamot
middle note Violet leaves, Nutmeg, Carnation
base note Vetiver, Patchouli, Leather

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Christian Dior's Fahrenheit is perfection in a bottle!!! I totally think it lives up to it's name... It is intensely sexy and a complete masterpiece, imo, and so far, no other men's fragrance has compared to it. It has a warmth and intensity that drives me to distraction, and if sex appeal could be bottled and sold, I believe it would smell like Fahrenheit. It's a mainstay in my husband's collection, and to be honest, I have seriously thought about wearing it myself. Can you tell the intense love I feel for this scent?! LOL There has only been one other men's fragrance that get's this type of reaction from me, so me liking a men's fragrance this much happens every 20 years or so...

on 9/30/2018 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

STILL, the SEXIEST men’s fragrance ever created...

on 2/22/2010 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Well, Idk...I would LOVE to buy this...I know it's a men's fragrance but it smells just amazing.
My ex Husband wore this all the time, I mean, dude bathed in it. It did not offend me though, but rather made me feel warm, safe and relaxed. The beauty of his memory (although he was a bastard) lives in the scent of this wonderful fragrance. It speaks of sexiness, confidence and youth...more specifically OUR youth together and our long gone love...which is why I won't buy it and wear it. Plus he was a very fair blond and I don't think this would smell the same on me.

on 9/20/2015 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Opening and middle evolution of this scent is evokative of many unisex niche offerings today, but particularly Reminds me of FM Eau de Hiver ( they share Hawthorne, bergamot and musk). I like Fahrenheit better because it is interesting on the skin in all stages and is not as powdery on me. Hours later, the remnants of this have become a skin scent that skews more traditionally masculine with Lavander, cedar, vetiver and musk. Fahrenheit is traditional enough not to be of interest to my husband ( he currently wears FM Vetiver Extraordinairre). But, I love vintage fragrances and wear scents regardless of gender, so this is not an issue for me.

As per fragrantica, this is a 1988 floral, wood, musk with the following accords: lavender, mandarin, hawthorn, nutmeg, cedar, citrus, chamomile; honeysuckle, carnation, sandalwood, violet leaf, jasmine, lily; leather, tonka bean, amber, patchouli, musk and vetiver. Immediate dry down is spicy, smokey and wood focused and soft (I dab sparingly). I particularly like that it doesn't turn into an modern honeyed Amber wood oriental gourmand powdery with ambroxan and benzoin.The progression seems to be a floral sweetness honeysuckle (possibly where the impression of petrol in some reviews comes in); then Hawthorne, tempered by the green freshness of Violet leaves, citrus and cedar, finally Lavander, musk, spice and woods.

I don't find this overly phenolic or rubbery. IMO, it's much more subtle and blended than SL tuberose criminelle or the niche Lys Epona which have a leather/petrol opening thrown into high contrast with tuberose or Lily respectively. this also has far less petrol and rubberiness than Bulgari Black.

note: my older manufacturers sample is strong. A single dab will be more than enough. I think spraying this would be too much.

on 7/19/2005 12:51:00 AM

I don't get the comparisons to Grey Flannel that people talk about at all! Not even remotely alike. This is a very cedary, dry, woody fragrance on my skin. It sort of starts out a tad harsh and too masculine but dries to a glorious pencil shaving woodiness that makes me want to snuggle. I can see a man with some stubble wearing this in Aspen after a long day on the mountain skiing. Sexy!

on 10/2/2015 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

There's a reason this is a true men's classic fragrance. It's quite unique, and it has stood the test of time. I remember when I was younger, I couldn't appreciate this scent to it's true beauty. It is a more mature scent. It's not a trendy scent every guy is going to wear. That works in it's favor. I've heard comparisons to gasoline, and other things. Here's what's in it: top notes are lavender, mandarin orange, hawthorn, nutmeg flower, cedar, bergamot, chamomile and lemon; middle notes are nutmeg, honeysuckle, carnation, sandalwood, violet leaf, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley and cedar; base notes are leather, tonka bean, amber, patchouli, musk and vetiver. Sure, it's been reformulated over the years, but it's still a great scent. For an adventurous guy that doesn't follow the sheep.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I brought this for a guy I had a major crush on as a Christmas present way back in my teenie years. It is the most amazing masculine sexy scent and my number 1 fav on men. It is kinda of strong, and unfortunately my husband is not a fan of it, he is more into Hugo Boss scents, which I like too. But I have to admit, today when I get a whiff of this from any guy, I find myself doing a double take of that guy..... It will always be special for me.

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Angel for Men

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Top Rated Fragrance