Iman Cream to Powder

3.5

Octyl Palmitate, Isohexyl Caprate, Nylon-12, Caprylic Capric Triglyceride, Polyethylene, Microcrystalline Wax, Kaolin, Zinc Oxide, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, PPG-12 SMDI Copolymer, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Amazing foundation, very similar to MAC studio tech which is also great but I stopped using as it made my skin super oily and requires touch ups so often throughout the day. This foundation has a light feel, doesn't sink into pores, conceals and provides medium to heavy coverage. A lot of people are saying that it's hard to apply and it's 'rock solid' and so on but what I've found helps the most is heating the foundation for a few seconds with either a blow dryer or anything that warms up the foundation enough to turn it creamy and silky then apply with a flat top kabuki brush, this is by far the best way to apply it in my opinion. You can also wet your brush and apply it but personally I prefer to heat the foundation a little. Oh and the applicator sponge it comes with is rubbish don't bother with it just use your choice of foundation brush! I've used this on and off for almost a decade but I always come back to it and now I'm happy to say I won't be looking for any other foundations coz this is my HG!!!!

very nice product it lasts me month and it evenly covers my flaws

To Read all 45 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

My Shade: Earth 5
Price: $12
Coverage (1-10): 8
Finish: Matte or Dewy
Color: Very True To Its Color. The Color Is Very Natural. This Is The Best Match For Darker, Brown Skinned Women.
Season: Year Round
Application: Moisturize Skin, Apply Silicon Primer (Monistat Chaffing Gel) Wet A Triangle Foundation Sponge & Squeeze It Damp. Apply Foundation With Damp Sponge. This Is The Best Application, It Looks Very Natural & The Color Blends.
Overall: Great Foundation That Provides FULL Coverage While Still Giving A Natural Even Finish! This Is My Favorite Foundation But Application Really Makes A Difference. This Is The Best Foundation Hands Down.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

So, I almost always research makeup that I'm considering purchasing beforehand,. just because I HATE to waste my money on anything, and sadly, I feel like that's what I did with this product.. I was actually in Target, in the makeup section, looking for something else. I picked up a brush I'd set out to buy, when my eyes fell upon this. I'd been looking for a creme foundation to replace my old one, taht i thought was discontinued, since I couldn't find it ANYWHERE, for months. (Zuri, Sorrel)..imagine my frustration,. So i was pleasantly surprised to see something ;like this, catered to women of color. It looked pretty, as well as promising, and I just picked up the one closest to my skin color, or so I thought. (NC45), The color I bought was Sand 4..I am more prone to creme foundations because I have lots of freckles and my skin is a reddish yellow, and I just like for something to even me out and mattify at the same time. I was super excited to try this, and I did so the following morning as I got ready..within two seconds of brushing it on with my foundation brush, my face turned red, and I realized I was having an allergic reaction. I'm clearly delusional, because I was gonna wear it anyways..but it was already hard for me to blend in smoothly..it felt hard and like I could hardly get any out of the compact, I decided it was a goner for me. I would have taken it back, but target has a no-return for opened cosmetics, so i was stuck with a $16 compact that I could do nothing with. I gave it to my mother, who is a few shades deeper, and it looks good on her, and she receives plenty of compliments. It just didn't live up to my expectations. :( A few days after, I was SO excited to find my original foundation, though, so I guess I'm not too upset. :)

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

After much thought, I have recently concluded that I am disappointed in this product. I do think that Iman has done a great job with the various shades, and Sand 5 works beautifully for me and my undertones, IF I can get it to go on. For the life of me I cannot figure out how people are saying that it applies easily and smoothly. Maybe others of us have gotten a few of the "rock-like" ones that are out there. That's the one thing that I least like about this product is the formulation. It is extremely hard to apply, IMO. It is not smooth enough and requires a bit of tugging on the skin. It comes with a sponge but I don't like using it as it tends to make for an uneven application. I much prefer using my MAC 130 brush for cream foundations but because this foundation is not creamy, it's hard to get it on the brush. If this foundation had the consistency of MAC Studio Tech I'd be a happy camper.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. It is very similar to the MAC Studio Tech but not as thick. It gives me a flawless finish once i set it with my Mineralize Skin Finish from Mac.
Alot of the reviews says this product is hard to blend but i have not experienced that. I moisturize my face and use a damp foundation brush and the foundation glides smoothly over my face.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

First off, I'm a very big fan of the Iman foundations. They are all made very well, they go on smooth and are not greasy. They each also offer very good coverage.

This one is also really a good, versatile foundation.

It goes on smoothly and you can apply it for either light or full coverage. It comes with a sponge or you can apply with your fingers. What I like so much about this foundation is that even though it offers matte coverage, it is good for use in warm weather -- which is a definite plus. I used to only use matte foundations in cold weather. But this one is great in warmer weather, to use as a spot foundation where you need it, and then just powder it down for a nice even look.

Another GREAT foundation for women of color. It's definitely worth the money, and worth a try.

So I decided to give this foundation another try because when I purchased this foundation years ago I found out that the store I bought it from had a history of selling old/expired cosmetics. So I picked it up at the store last week in the color earth 2 and I really really like it..first I can tell it wasn't old & expired like the one before, and last time I used the sponge that came in the pack ,, this time I applied my foundation with the real techniques foundation brush and I LOVE it! Flawless look and the color matches me perfect! It lasted all day and gave me a matte not flat look, I'm a oily girl and even without a primer I had no shine......this is defiantly a HG foundation for me...oh and it does not give a cakey look. Nice even flawless powder finish,,so if you get this apply it with a brush and toss that sponge that comes with it away..

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

OVER ALL THIS PRODUCT IS NO GOOD... ESPECIALLY FOR ALL DAY WEAR...

I purchased this product about 3 weeks ago.

>>> POSITIVES

-matched my skin perfectly (Clay 2) in the store as well as when I brought it home, so the whole "store-light-deception" thing was not a factor here.

-great coverage, completely removes visibility of any blemishes without a concealer.

>>>NEGATIVES

-color changes throughout the day, typically within two hours

-product sits on the skin like mud, so it can have a very sticky feel throughout the day

-transfers on to clothes, people, and anything else your face may touch

-make-up clumps on skin especially between area's where your face bends on moves - example: places where your face crease when you smile, laugh, squint, or make other expressions

-extremely hard to thoroughly wash off skin

___________________________________________________

I used a sponge to apply this make up, I do wonder if applying it with the fingers or a brush would make for a more secure application.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

So this in Earth 3 is my go-to foundation in winter. I'm around the color of a Hershey bar. Of all the Iman foundations, the cream to powder is the only one that doesn't go too yellow or too red on me after hours of wear. (Haven't tried the stick) Applied with a good powder brush (NOT the sponge that comes with it), I get the nice light coverage I'm looking for, but it can easily be built up to 'full face'. It transfers annoyingly and doesn't last quite all day. Can get a little greasy if your skin is oily. I do need to blot the t-zone during the day, but I don't use primer or any oil-correcting products. There's not that much in the package, but it's not that expensive either. Still, looks more natural and true to skin than any other foundation I've used -in pictures and in life.
Foundation for brown-skinned women is hard to finagle, so I recommend it - def worth a try.