L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in British Red

4.2

on 8/1/2016 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm latin, and my skintone can vary from NC30 to NC40, depending on how tanned I get in the Summer. Undertone is neutral. With that being said, this lipstick looks orange and clownish on me. I suspect this will flatter either very fair or very deep skin tones. Those in the mid-range may have a hard time pulling this off.

I love this colour! The lipstick goes on smoothly for me, wears well with minimal (and even) fading and doesn't require lip liner or gloss under. There is a faint odour but not strong enough to discourage me from wearing it and it disappates quickly.

To Read all 51 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/23/2015 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This a bright red color and the formula is very glossy and moisturizing. I honestly don't mind the smell, I actually quite like it. The only thing I don't like is that it isn't very pigmented at all. To get good color payoff, you literally have to rub it on your lips over and over.

very classy, wearable red typical loreal smell and the lipstick starts to tilt into the tube a bit a nick the edge the lipstick itself though is really easy to wear though

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Didnt really like it
. Not what I had in mind for a red lipstick

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This lipstick both surprised me, and disappointed me. I got it on sale for $6.99 at shoppers drugmart, so the price was very reasonable. This lipstick goes on nice, but it needs to be applied a few times to get that bold, red lip. It is smooth, hydrating, and keeps my lips soft all day. However, I absolutely can not stand the smell of this lipstick. You know when you were a little girl and you use to play with your moms makeup and it all had that really strong, floral scent? Well this lipstick is just like that, and if you're eating and happen to get a little bit on your food, that's all you can taste. If it weren't for the smell this lipstick would be perfect, but if you take a wiff at the store and cant get past the smell, don't buy it.

on 5/7/2014 10:24:00 AM

awesome shade! i always get compliments

on 4/20/2014 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a beautiful, highly pigmented, classy yet glamorous, true red. It glides on smoothly and brightens my typically dull, light-medium Southeast Asian complexion so that I look like I'm light, golden, and glowing! If I didn't prefer "natural and pretty," I'd definitely wear this more frequently than just on special occasions. I'll use this until it expires, but as "glamour" just isn't my style, I might very well stray when I need another lipstick.

on 7/5/2013 5:22:00 PM

Nice inexpensive bright red lipstick.It has a satin finish.Only complaint is that I don't care for the scent(a perfumey floral scent...meh)would buy again.

British Red is really pretty. It has a satin feel and look, and a color that looks good on many skin tones. I found this on clearance combined with a red lip liner, and had a coupon, so I got it for .14 cents. Actually, I got five sets, each for .14 cents, and I gave a few away. I might not have tried this color otherwise. Now I rely on it for retro looks. The liner is nice as well. I don't mind the scent. It seems grown up, not girly. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is I have three tubes, and I can't imagine going through them all.