Burberry Brit

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Burberry Brit

4.4

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Honestly this perfume has so many good reviews that made me buy it blindly. I don't do that often but the reviews were so good I decided to give it a try. This perfume is okay nothing outstanding, it doesn't last long, I feel the need to reapply again after 4 hours or so, which is no fun at all. I seriously don't know why is so loved by many. The packaging is horrible not to mention the cap that keeps falling and doesn't stay put arrrgg anyways ... Next!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

As much as I was looking forward to absolutely loving this fragrance, the first time I spritzed it on (and wore it out for a day), I was disappointed. (BOOHOO) The smell was the first thing that lured me into it, and I mean, how could you refuse to smell like Burberry BRIT? It didn't last for too long, in fact, the scent wore away very quickly, but it is quite pungent the first hour or two from application. I'm on the line with this perfume, it's quality certainly does not live up to it's name/price.

on 10/8/2012 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My favorite fragrance that always gets compliments from both male and female. Lovely soft and romantic just what I need to pick me up on any given day. I am not sure what a signature fragrence is, but if it is the one you get most complimented on, I guess this one would be it for me. I do not know how many repurchases I have made. This is the EDP

on 9/12/2012 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I'm gonna give this perfume just an OK rating. It's not a life changing fragrance for me but it's not horrible either. I feel like it's an either love it or hate it perfume. To me, it's very warm and heavy, kind of sweet but for some reason I think it's a little but masculine smelling. Not like I would think of it as a men's cologne but it's definitely not the category of being girly or feminine. I find this hard to wear on a day to day basis, I think it's the kind of perfume where it has to be a certain occasion to wear it. It's just too heavy and warm for me to wear all the time. This is the kind of perfume I would wear on a night out or to somewhere special. I live in FL where it's very hot and I could see myself getting a headache from this if I wore it too much. With all that being said, it's still a nice fragrance just not something I reach for that often. I'm glad I got it in the 1 oz which is still VERY expensive. I don't think it's necessarily worth the money especially considering the lasting power really stinks. I'm gonna try and use up the bottle I have but I will definitely NOT repurchase it again.

on 5/24/2012 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Brit is probably my most go-to fragrance. I feel that as a fragrance it defines me. There are perfumes that I own that are just lovely, but I simply just can't pull off on a daily basis. Brit is not one of those fragrances.

I feel that this fragrance suits me quite perfectly. I think it is almost reminiscent to Organza Indecense by Givenchy without the strong woody quality Organza has. Though Organza has that sexy, deep, sultry quality. Brit is very spicy almost as it is sweet. She has all those traits Organza Indencense has, but simmered down which makes it more casual. The combination helps the perfume not to be too over-powering. I love that part of the notes in this perfume is pear. Also almonds. You rarely ever see these notes in a fragrance and they go very well with the vanilla.

I find this perfume very strong, if I spray it three times that's already to much. This is my boyfriends favorite scent, but if I spray more than twice his allergies go crazy. Which is odd because two spritzes is perfectly fine.

I find this fragrance too warm and cozy for the summer, as I have been wearing it a few times throughout these summer days, and I think I'm going to stop wearing it until winter. But I think wearing this during the summer nights is okay.

I don't know why people have no luck with the staying power with this one. To me this perfume last 6 to 12 hours. I stop smelling it after 4 hours, but I've been complimented on it after that time frame.

Defiantly HG worthy. And the bottle? Well, it's probably the prettiest bottle I own by far.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

All right. I have arrived at fragrance HG heaven! At last. Upon reading the notes for the eau de parfum of Burberry BritItalian lime, icy pear, green almond, white peony, sugared almonds, amber, mahogany, vanilla, tonka beanalong with the rave reviews on MUA and Fragrantica, I had a feeling that I would love Brit, and I do! Key Lime Pie is one of my favorite desserts, lime and vanilla some of my favorite smells ever. Of course if something has both, I am all over it, like BBWs Coconut Lime Verbena/Breeze. On me, Brit starts out as a sharp, crisp citrus scent; the lime is very prominent. Then the almonds and pear emerge. At the dry-down, I get a woody, ambery vanilla with a perfect mix of powdery white peony and gourmonde-like tonka bean. Elevenyes, eleven!hours later, I end up with this sweet and smoky incense, faintly citrus, on my skin. I am not sure from where that comes, but I am not complaining. Brit lasts for days on clothes, leaving behind a rich, smoky vanilla scent on your collar or sleeve.

Granted, Brit is a tad masculine and spicy, but it retains enough of its sweet, lighthearted lime-vanilla to remind you that you are a girl, who is a bit preppy but always fun-loving and classy, a scent good for work and play. You simply feel like a Tory lady capable of some mischief, and I love that!

Would I buy another bottle? Absolutely and hope that someone also may gift it to me for a graduation present. Brit is mostly likely going to become my signature because it keeps me alert and happy, two very good things for a future law student to have. Just try it even if you are not sure. You may be surprised, since it is not quite a true citrus nor a true gourmand but a well crafted fragrance that is at once light, fresh, warm, and sweet. Plus, it can be found at reasonable prices at online perfume outlets, though it is rather expensive at Sephora or Macy's.

Update: I recently received Burberry Brit as the eau de toilette, white plad on the packaging, which is different from the eau de parfum, red plad on the packaging, which I already own and enjoy, that I feel I should add this update to my review. In theory, the EDT features all the same notes as the EDP except for the vanilla. In actuality, when I spray this onto my neck, I smell mostly the Italian lime, icy pear, and green almond. There is little to no white peony, sugared almond, tonka bean, mahogany, nor amber. What you have is a fragrance in the aquatic and green families; forget about the sweet and woody oriental-gourmond qualities found in the EDP. I can understand how some compare the EDT of Brit to bug spray or chemical waste. Happily on my skin, this turns into citrus and fruits, with a trace of plastic. Almonds often lend scents a plastic-like smell to them; sample Blue Butterfly or Hypnotic Poison, which also contain an almond note. To tell the truth, I kind of like this plastic smell, reminds me of shopping at a department store, but if that is not your thing, then the EDT of Brit will not be too attractive to you, and the EDP is perhaps a better option. Though I like the EDT, I do not love it. I can and do appreciate its bright, watery, ozonic, and subtle texture, but its staying power of some 4 and a half hours on skin (6-9 on hair) is not great. Plus, I miss the parfums vanilla and amber, which allow you to wear Brit during the day and evening; I find that the EDT is good for only the day, especially in the spring and summer. If I could, I would give the EDT 3.5 lippies and the the EDP 5, making my overall rating somewhere in the middle ground of 4. The EDT is a little less expensive than the EDP, but the parfum is a superior fragrance all things considered.

on 4/13/2012 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS PERFUME! I've been wanting it for a while now and when I saw that the 100mL EDT one was on sale at Priceline for $49 I decided to reward myself for .. all my hard work.. recently.. yeah.. :) ANYWAY it smells AMAZING! Definitely for winter; it's so warm and perfect :') DEFINITELY repurchase. Ahh but the cap is very sharp and could hurt. but other than that it's awesome

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I LOVE Burberry Brit!!!! :-) I have it in the EDP, which I like more for fall/winter wear than the EDT (which I've tried). Still, I think it'll be awesome in the spring & summer anyway...but I'm sure loving it now! When you first spray it, you get a nice burst of citrus, specifically ime & pear. As it warms up, you get more of the vanilla & almonds. The great thing is it's not a foody vanilla, as other reviewers have said; it's light and AWESOME! I'm saving it as my everyday fragrance for warmer weather, but only because I never want to run out. I love the posh statement the bottle and paper sleeve makes too! I think the girl on the sleeve epitomizes both the Burberry girl and this fragrance, though it is nice enough to wear as an evening fragrance. It rocks!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this! This is my all time favorite fragrance! There just is NOTHING that compares. Viva La Juicy tries but fails! I can't even begin to describe the notes, I'm no good at that. I've heard it's very vanilla but to my nose I don't even smell vanilla at all...just try it! I've heard it's too sweet, I've heard it's foody. NONE of that is how I would describe Brit at all, it is NOT SWEET, it smells NOTHING like any food I would eat. If anything, it's very spicy and actually could even be considered masculine somewhat. It's smells nothing like the plain Burberry scent which is very floral and girly.

It's great. The EDP is much better than the EDT.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff makes me feel like an angel when I'm wearing it. I feel like I'm from heavenand I'm an angel and I'M ON HEAVEN.This stuff is divine!It's a yummy grown up vanilla-ish scent without being to immature

Popular Fragrances