Burberry Brit

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Burberry Brit

4.2

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was supposed to receive (as a reviewer) the EDP but got the EDT instead. The bottle has the signature horse blanket plaid--but the EDT bottle is monochrome (think the EDP bottle is the plaid colors.) Pictured here? The EDT. In any case, it was lucky--because as an EDT it is one of those, you need to smell good but you don't want to overpower the room scents. You can spray it up, down and you won't make someone ill. I'm actually sensitive to many perfumes (itch, burn, asthma) and my test is if I can wear it. Then it's made of quality ingredients and the newer perfume additives that were invented to improve throw at the expense of good, natural essential oils aren't here to bother me.

Who wrote here, that the EDT is for summer and quite different than the EDP, which is richer? Quite right--I haven't smelled the EDP yet, but the EDT is definitely VERY suitable for summer and it's my go-to summer fragrance. Here is a case where the EDT may be a great choice for a citrusy, floral, light "cologne" that won't get obnoxious.

Supposedly, this is to open with green lemon, frosted pear and white almond. Mid notes white peony. The drydown is vanilla, amber, mahogany and Tonka bean (more vanillic.) I like woody vanilla and anyway, try to avoid it these days? Almost impossible. I love amber as well. So the base notes are among my faves. The lemon vanishes pretty quickly but the peony comes through. Peony is a soft, peppery fresh rose-ish scent (maybe a greener rose is a way to describe it.) So this scent is green, fresh, slightly fruity (pear and lemon) and green-floral. The dry down is muted; not heavy as an oriental but enough there to fix it. I haven't tried the EDP but I imagine the dry down and peony are more pronounced.

(I think the white almond is the almond BLOSSOM, not the almond prussic acid scent.)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This smells soooooo good! It has a musky/sweet scent to it. The only problem I do have with this perfume, is the staying power. This doesn't last at all, maybe 2-3 hours if that. Oddly enough, when I normally spray my clothes with any fragrance, it will stay pretty much all day. Unfortunately, this perfume doesn't even stay in my clothes. It is quite overpowering musk when you first spray, but by a few minutes it settles into this sweet smell, almost like amber. This is a great perfume if you are just going on a date, or to dinner with your s/o, but after that it wears off so quickly. My husband absolutely loves this on me! Would I repurchase? Probably, because I haven't found another fragrance like this one! It truly is unique.

on 2/3/2013 1:42:00 PM

I love this scent! This is a perfect fall/winter scent. I think this is the right combination of sweet and romantic. The longevity of this scent excellent, a couple spritzes can last all day. The price is a bit high, but this is a quality perfume. The cap of my perfume broke off before the bottle was half through, which for an expensive perfume, should not happen.

on 9/16/2012 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

this has been one of my favorites for years, my little sister doesn't like it but it definitely is one of those scents that really depends on who is wearing it. it's beautiful, i get lots of compliments when i wear it. the staying power is mediocre, but better than average i guess. the cap gets a little wobbly and doesn't like to stay on which is why i gave this a 4 for packaging. it's pricey, but i recently got a 3.4 oz bottle on ebay with 99% of the product intact, for $20-25, including shipping. it's a classy, youthful scent. i can't wait to try out brit sheer.

on 8/25/2012 11:45:00 PM

I actually got this roll-on perfume as a free gift. I really like it! It doesn't wear off easy. Like(:

on 5/16/2012 6:11:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Love it! I got this for valentines day and my SO has good taste :) it smells wonderful, very very limy/citrusy. I like the fruitier scents so I like this a lot.

on 1/24/2012 5:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Burberry Brit is what I've been looking for in a fragrance. I find it to have just the right amount of fresh, clean, citrus, sweet, powder, vanilla and amber. It lasts and lasts and I love the smell of it from the lime at the start to the vanilla/amber at the finish. It is the first time in many years that I have bought a second bottle of a perfume. I usually get bored very easily, but not with Brit. It's not overly girly or floral, nor is a scent that stands out in a crowd, but more like a sophisticated clean classy scent that I feel comfortable in on any occasion from being dressed up on a night out, a day at the office, being at home relaxing, to running errands around town. I love it.

on 11/26/2011 5:13:00 AM

I was looking for a new fragrance, you know, just for fun! I have my signature Hypnose from Lancome for over 5 years and the first time that I tried Burberry Brit (a couple months ago). I was shocked. It reminded me of Hypnose in a weird way. Still, Burberry Brit is my second choice. I love it, it's fresh, it's sexy.

OMG I love this fragrance!! I used up the first bottle rather quickly related to wearing it every day and have repurchased. I find it to be the perfect blend of musk, richness, and warmth for a feminine fragrance. I always get asked what I'm wearing and have recommended it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

MMMMMM!! I just love how this stuff smells. It evokes good memories for me. Some of my old scarfs from winter still smell like it, and when I smell them it makes me happy.

Popular Fragrances