Burberry Brit

Burberry Brit

3.8

on 10/16/2018 1:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Burberry Brit EDP was the first perfume I ever fell in love with. When it came out in 2003 I could never find the money for a bottle. In hindsight I wish I had found the money because it probably would have been my signature scent all these years. I finally purchased a 3.3oz in 2015 before they changed the design on the bottle. I’m so happy to have it in my collection, for both scent and nostalgia purposes. Brit EDP has such a pleasant scent. I’ve always described it easily as Italian almond biscotti cookies drizzled with fresh lime juice. It’s sweet but balanced with the tart freshness of the lime. It’s not too sweet, not too foody, not too tart, not too citrusy. Also, Brit EDP works year around. Most people think it’s best for Autumn, but I think the freshness also makes it fitting for spring and summer while the gourmand aspect makes it great also for winter. You could wear Burberry Brit to work or school during the day and also to parties and dates in the evening. It’s youthful but not immature. Burberry Brit really has no age and it also doesn’t seem dated to a specific period of time.

Sillage and longevity are moderate. Burberry Brit EDP isn’t too strong and shouldn’t offend anyone. I can faintly smell it on clothes in the hamper, so it does have lasting power on fabrics. I’ve noticed that Nordstrom no longer carries Brit online and that Sephora is cutting back bottle size offerings. Ulta and Macys still carry all the Burberry fragrance offerings including Brit, so that’s nice to know. I hope Burberry isn’t planning on discontinuing Brit or any of their other perfumes. IMO Burberry makes pretty good fragrances.

Burberry Brit EDP is a great fragrance and will always be close to my heart. I think it’s a safe blind purchase for yourself or as a gift.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

As a previous reviewer, I also got a sample of this.
Initially, it smells like a men's cologne from 90's, I can smell different perfume notes for a minute or so, but in a minute it transforms into one note sweet overpowering smell.
I rarely like sweet fragrances, they often give me a headache and this one isn't an exception.
One time wear was enough for me, there is no chance I will ever use it again.

on 10/3/2015 3:15:00 AM

For me, this is one of the most beautiful, recognizable fragrances ever! It reminds me of fall - coloured leaves, cozy moments, warm drinks....it has such a slightly spicy warmth to it, but is still not too heavy at all. Wonderful!

This is one of my favourite fragrances and I have been wearing it for about 10 years. I find two sprays of it last all day and it's not overpowering. It smells exactly on my skin like it does in the bottle, which is always a big plus. Also, the bottle lasts a really long time.

on 12/11/2014 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this frag - the almond is so sweet and delicious and the hint of lime perks it up!

on 11/22/2014 12:42:00 PM

Why does this smell like a faux-trendy guy's perfume..? You know the type of perfume- they all have something in common which they share with Brit, an artificial twist that's generally perceived as being "attractive".

I love all Burberry scents. Brit is the calmer, softer and creamier version of London, yet it still has just as much staying power. Where London is demanding, loud and in-charge, Brit is fun and uplifting with vanilla, amber and mahogany. Because of this, it can be worn during any season for any occasion. The description says it has a sweet/fruity scent, which I don't get, but regardless, I really enjoy it. I think it's great for spring/summer.

on 3/1/2014 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Vanilla, peony, almonds, mahogany, and sugar are the notes that stand out to me in this. This is a very adult fragrance in my opinion. It's not too sweet or strong and doesn't fall flat or really smell like anything else I own.

It lasts for a good amount of time and I get many compliments from it. I would say this is better worn at night and in winter. It's very sexy and I love it :)

on 11/18/2013 2:19:00 AM

I have bought this time and time again. It is such an easy fragrance to wear. I feel put-together, awake, clean and happy when I put this on..it just works. It's fresh but still has some spice to it. It wears well and stays true all day, without being overpowering at all.

Sometimes I think I smell tobacco (not smoke or ashtrays..tobacco) and there's something which gives it that new leather smell at times too. It's listed as: Italian Lime, Icy Pear, Green Almond, White Peony, Sugared Almonds, Amber, Mahogany, Vanilla, Tonka Bean.

It is not really sweet, I don't wear sweet, yet I think it's the floral and sweet notes of peony, almond, vanilla that balance the lime and the pear citrusy notes that just ends up quite lovely.

Such a well balanced fragrance and one I'm sure I'll keep buying. I think for the price it's a good fragrance that lasts all day and does not wear flat. I wear it in winter and summer, though I think it's probably more summery than winter, it's spice and warmth is there but not dominant.

Unfortunately this perfume reminds me of baby powder. I did not like it at all. I used to wear a perfume by Diesel that came in a short, white bottle when I was 10 that smelled exactly like this. If you like the scent of talcum powder, then you'll probably like it. If you love this perfume but can't afford to re-purchase, then I'd recommend the Diesel perfume as a dupe. I do, however, like the bottle with the signature Burberry checkered pattern on it. But that's about as much as I like about this perfume....