Burberry Brit

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Burberry Brit

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I like to wear this when I go out and wear my fancy clothes it totally changes my outlook and makes me feel great!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this fragrance when I was in Hong Kong. I had debated getting the EDP or EDT. Normally this wouldn't really be a problem when buying perfume. However, with Burberry Brit, the EDP and EDT are actually quite different. The EDT starts off light zesty and citrusy. It's not a bad scent at all. The vanilla and almonds come much later adding warmth and complexity to the fragrance. This makes the EDT much more suitable for warmer weather.
I prefer the EDP because of the richness. When sprayed it is the opposite of the EDT, with the lime lasting a total of 10 seconds on my skin, I kid you not.(Really!Only 10 seconds). Therefore I chose the EDP because of my preference for warmer scents. Both are lovely scents, and I recommend you giving them a sniff to find the one you like.

on 9/20/2012 1:00:00 AM

There is a pretty big difference between Burberry Brit's Eau de Parfum and their Eau de Toilette and my review is more for the parfum but I will touch on the other a bit too.

The parfum is very much for the older sexy woman of (lol) which I am not. I just graduated from using girly frilly cheap perfumes and body sprays and decided I wanted to find (read: splurge) on a brand fragrance that was classic and wouldn't tire of. Burberry Brit wasn't my first choice and didn't qualify for my search but when I smelled it I was in heaven love.

Sephora lists the scents as : Italian Lime, Icy Pear, Green Almond, White Peony, Sugared Almonds, Amber, Mahogany, Vanilla, Tonka Bean. The perfume's top notes are very spicy, sweet and almost overpowering when you initially spray it but it doesn't completely cover the bottom notes and the whole mixture is just plain harmony. By the time the top notes finally wear off the bottom scents have had time to mellow down into a very warm combination of amber, mahogany and vanilla. I have no idea what Tonka beans are (or icy pears) but I assume that its another bottom note. (Actually Wikipedia says they're used to flavor tobacco so if you think of smokers when you smell this perfume that'd probably why.) The reason why I prefer the parfum over the toilette is because the toilette's sweeter fruit notes (lime, pear) overpowers the rest of the scents and lacked the same dimension as the parfum.

Absolutely recommend. Very classic scent and the packaging is very burberry and expensive looking. I don't know if I'll need to buy another bottle though, I purchased the largest size burberry offers (3.3 fl. oz) and I'm pretty sure it will last my whole life.

on 4/14/2012 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this perfume! It smells so feminine, soft, and sophisticated. This is definitely a warm scent, with notes of amber, vanilla, and some spices.
I bought the limited edition one, where the packaging is SOO BEAUTIFUL.
Classic perfume that I would use on nights out. It can be a little too much for everyday use, but if sprayed lightly it leaves you with a warm inviting smell. I would recommend this scent for women 20+ because as a teen, this may be a tad mature and womanly.

on 1/21/2011 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This is the fragrance I keep coming back to. I've worn it on and off the past 5 years. I always get so many compliments from both sexes when I wear it. This is a nice feminine scent. Very classic. And the bottle is so adorable. The only drawback is the fragrance doesn't last all day. Sometimes I find myself respraying myself. However it's a staple in my fragrance collection.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this from my aunt when she was traveled to europe. This fragrance gives me a terible headache! overwhelmingly sweet ! like vanilla+chocolate+caramel kinda sweet ! this fragrance is not for me T_T this fragrance definetely not something you can wear on hot summer days, but on winter it kinda works... sadly it doesn't last really long, it is like you spray it, 10 minutes later it is all gone, maybe try the eau de parfum, the eau de toilette has no staying power

on 8/20/2010 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This review is for the EDT. Although my taste has changed drastically over the past few years and I no longer can wear warm scents, I really, really like this. I agree that it has a very strong vanilla smell but it's really unlike any other vanilla note I've ever smelt. Also, I don't see any similarities between this and Amber Romance, which I personally can't stand. Even though Brit is quite sweet smelling, it's somewhat fresh at the same time and not as warm as most vanilla fragrances. I do think it's better worn in wintertime though.

on 3/25/2010 3:25:00 AM

This is a review of the EDT. Brit is a pretty scent that I could not help picking up when it was on sale at the drugstore. It's a little foodier than I normally go for, but I quite like the pear note I get from it. The sad thing is this doesn't last on me at all. It disappears after about 15 minutes - I've never had a fragrance do that! I may try the EDP but I'm not sure I like the scent enough to re-buy.

[edit: This is my 666th review! Also I wanted to add that the bottle cap has got really sharp, squared-off edges...oww.]

on 12/30/2009 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of many in my great collection lol, it smells nice but its not realy a head turner. I like it because its not one of those perfumes that you spray and after an hour nothings there, you can smell it but its not overpowering nor is it too faint. The bottle's cute... it's definately a classic for me.

on 11/17/2009 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have the EDP and I love this scent in the winter. Like some of the other reviewers, I feel this is too much for the warmer months (especially here in Texas). It does start out a bit sharp, but within 15 minutes or so warms up to a wonderful fragrance. This is my mom's favorite fragrance on me, but it makes my husband's eyes water a bit.

One thing I love about this is the staying power. I've never had a problem with Burberry scents fading and this one performs true. It stays a yummy warm scent with pear and smokey vanilla tones. :)

Popular Fragrances