Burberry Brit

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Burberry Brit

4.2

on 3/20/2018 9:25:00 AM

I got a sample of this EDP and tried it for a party I went that day.
It smells just like anise, which I find too strong and overpowering. Just a dab of it on my wrists was enough to give me a terrible headache. Nevertheless I got many compliments on it. Go figure.
Wouldn´t buy or use it ever again.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This review is for the EDP. This is actually a pretty unusual fragrance for me as gourmands are not typically my favorite. I recently tried another perfume that had almond in it, and while I did not like that particular blend, it made me crave something with a similar almond note. As other reviewers have pointed out, Brit starts out a little sharp and citrusy, but the lime settles down pretty quickly on me and I get a nice almond-vanilla-amber drydown with maybe just a touch of wood. As I said, many gourmands, especially the warmer ones, tend to be too spicy for me, but there's no spice in Brit on my skin. It is warm, inviting, and very comforting without having any kind of spicy kick to it. While I didn't really think that this would be a fragrance that I'd love, I actually do really love it and I think I will be reaching for it a lot during the fall and winter. It is a nice change of pace from the florals, aquatics, green etc scents that I tend to use on a frequent basis and I can definitely see this having a prominent position in my fragrance rotation.

on 2/24/2017 3:36:00 PM

For some reason I get pencil shavings with lemon in the opening. I got a good deal on this and like the drydown. It is a sweet vanilla drydown without giving a headache. It is a really inoffensive fragrance but won't make a bold statement, so great for at work. It doesn't have great lasting power though.

on 12/14/2016 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Drydown is wonderful – I tested this before I bought the EDP and when you first spray it smells like a man’s cologne. Initially you get a unisex blast of citrus and alcohol but after it settles this is amazing! Brit is one of those scents that completely changes from start to finish. I can’t stand the initial smell but within 30 minutes this becomes a powdery, soft, almond vanilla. It’s perfect for daytime and it lasts all day on me. I also have the knockoff version by InStyle Perfume and it smells just as good as the Burberry version.

on 2/2/2016 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this perfume for a couple of reasons: it's not musky, slightly heavy but not grannyish and great for layering. Perfect if you're looking for something between grown up but not sickly sweet or overpoweringly heavy. The predominant note on this is vanilla but I love the initial mix of citrus and almond. I've never used up a bottle of perfume before but I'm now going on my second bottle with this. I love slightly darker/heavier scents and this is perfect without being too sickly on the vanilla. I think this will be a keeper for me and I'll buy the lighter version for summer, too.

on 5/19/2015 1:52:00 PM

I hate this stuff. Really weird smell. Not as described at all. Said it had fruity pear notes, ummm not at all. Sold it on EBAY!

on 3/5/2015 9:17:00 PM

This is a very British scent. It's a classic scent, with strong tinges of nostalgia. The notes I smell most significantly are lime, pepper, vanilla, and some faint woods. The opening is mostly lime and pepper, but the vanilla is quickly apparent, and rounds out the scent. This is by no means a sharp lime. Given those notes, it's hard to really imagine the experience of the scent, and I've found that what it evokes is more important to me than the notes. This scent reminds me of an old manor house, classy and classic, but slightly down at its heels. It needs repairs, but it is still putting its best face forward. It brings to mind the old wood parlors, the sprawling grounds, and the titled family living inside. For an interpretation more in keeping with those of us living stateside, it brings to mind New England college campuses in the fall, not at the beginning of the semester, but around November, when the leaves are falling off the trees, and everything is dampened by a cold rain, and people seek shelter in a wood-paneled library.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Nice quality florals, but on my skin it turns into mens aftershave and is quite overpowering with musky amber. Touch was like that for me also. There is something in it that amplifies on my skin that obviously doesn't happen to other people. I prefer lighter florals of The Beat, which is discontinued but still selling online, I just picked up travel bottle.

on 11/28/2014 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

First off, I believe the picture shown is the EDT and my review is for the EDP (the one with the darker plaid markings). I think the packaging is cute and fitting for this classy sent. It's not usually a scent I would be drawn too, I'm more into deep sweet and spicy type of fragrances. But this is very elegant and office appropriate, great for every day wear. It's not the typical fruity or sweet gourmand perfumes that have been very popular lately but nonetheless a classic.
At first it's powerful and fresh, you can really smell the lime and pear notes. Then after a few minutes it dries down into a warm nutty vanilla, the longer it stays on the warmer and sweeter it becomes. Its so comfy on a crisp fall morning, it's comforting and sophisticated. Also the lasting power on this is great as well as the sillage. I'm glad i gave this a chance!

on 11/23/2014 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I just didn't take to Brit, I am not fond of woodsy notes mixed with lemon..makes me think of a wood polish product the maid used in my parents ' house!! Not that it is awful, it has a Vanillic vibe that is warm, for me, it has a unisex edge, so not my taste...
It is hugely popular, probably because it has a distinctive smell, a bit like cream soda?. With an almondish twist
Nice, but not for me...