Burberry Brit

Burberry Brit

4.1

on 10/16/2018 1:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Burberry Brit EDP was the first perfume I ever fell in love with. When it came out in 2003 I could never find the money for a bottle. In hindsight I wish I had found the money because it probably would have been my signature scent all these years. I finally purchased a 3.3oz in 2015 before they changed the design on the bottle. I’m so happy to have it in my collection, for both scent and nostalgia purposes. Brit EDP has such a pleasant scent. I’ve always described it easily as Italian almond biscotti cookies drizzled with fresh lime juice. It’s sweet but balanced with the tart freshness of the lime. It’s not too sweet, not too foody, not too tart, not too citrusy. Also, Brit EDP works year around. Most people think it’s best for Autumn, but I think the freshness also makes it fitting for spring and summer while the gourmand aspect makes it great also for winter. You could wear Burberry Brit to work or school during the day and also to parties and dates in the evening. It’s youthful but not immature. Burberry Brit really has no age and it also doesn’t seem dated to a specific period of time.

Sillage and longevity are moderate. Burberry Brit EDP isn’t too strong and shouldn’t offend anyone. I can faintly smell it on clothes in the hamper, so it does have lasting power on fabrics. I’ve noticed that Nordstrom no longer carries Brit online and that Sephora is cutting back bottle size offerings. Ulta and Macys still carry all the Burberry fragrance offerings including Brit, so that’s nice to know. I hope Burberry isn’t planning on discontinuing Brit or any of their other perfumes. IMO Burberry makes pretty good fragrances.

Burberry Brit EDP is a great fragrance and will always be close to my heart. I think it’s a safe blind purchase for yourself or as a gift.

on 10/9/2014 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I tried it in the store. I'm not sure if it's long lasting or not, but I do know that the description is so far off from what it really smells like. It's described as fresh and floral, which is the type of scent I never go for. But the description also said, it smelled of pears and almonds which I love, but It doesn't smell like that at all and that's why I didn't like it. It's just an ordinary flowery smell. Boring.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This fragrance is so yummy! The review is for the EDT, which smells strongly of cologne and lime zest upon first spritz, but dries down to a woodsy vanilla amber that invites compliments everywhere I go! I've repurchased this scent a few times now and I especially love it for fall/winter season! But I hate the price:( $50 for 1 fl oz. is crazy! However, the staying power and "throw" of Brit is better than any other fragrance I've tried(everything from drugstore to high end)! It lasts 10 hours and I can still smell the gourmand notes lingering on my skin at the end of the day. Love! I recommend to anyone that likes woodsy or vanilla perfumes.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought this after smelling it in the shops and thinking it was quite nice. I don't know how it must have deceived me in between trying it there and then eventually buying it, but alas...

This is a hugely musky perfume - I'm really not a fan of musk. The linger of it is just way too sweet for me, I think? It's far too heavy to be wearing during the daytime but I'd still wear it out at night if I was feeling adventurous. But honestly it's just not the scent for me, I don't think I'll be buying it again.

on 11/6/2012 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is quickly becoming my go-to fragrance. I have the EDP, and it is a warm vanilla, with a dark amber and crisp lime note to it as well. Sounds kind of odd together, but it works. It is more warm/gourmand than it is citrus; it actually smells kind of like viva la juicy to me (another go-to), but the lime keeps it from being "overwhelmingly" sweet and heavy like some gourmands can be, while still remaining a warm, comforting, perfect fall/winter fragrance. This also has lasting power and silage that are out of this world - lasts as long as coco mademoiselle on me (around 10 hrs) and you only need ONE spray. This is something to be appreciated in such a pricey perfume. And because of this, I won't need to repurchase for quite a while...But when I run out, I certainly will!

on 10/8/2012 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My favorite fragrance that always gets compliments from both male and female. Lovely soft and romantic just what I need to pick me up on any given day. I am not sure what a signature fragrence is, but if it is the one you get most complimented on, I guess this one would be it for me. I do not know how many repurchases I have made. This is the EDP

on 5/24/2012 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Brit is probably my most go-to fragrance. I feel that as a fragrance it defines me. There are perfumes that I own that are just lovely, but I simply just can't pull off on a daily basis. Brit is not one of those fragrances.

I feel that this fragrance suits me quite perfectly. I think it is almost reminiscent to Organza Indecense by Givenchy without the strong woody quality Organza has. Though Organza has that sexy, deep, sultry quality. Brit is very spicy almost as it is sweet. She has all those traits Organza Indencense has, but simmered down which makes it more casual. The combination helps the perfume not to be too over-powering. I love that part of the notes in this perfume is pear. Also almonds. You rarely ever see these notes in a fragrance and they go very well with the vanilla.

I find this perfume very strong, if I spray it three times that's already to much. This is my boyfriends favorite scent, but if I spray more than twice his allergies go crazy. Which is odd because two spritzes is perfectly fine.

I find this fragrance too warm and cozy for the summer, as I have been wearing it a few times throughout these summer days, and I think I'm going to stop wearing it until winter. But I think wearing this during the summer nights is okay.

I don't know why people have no luck with the staying power with this one. To me this perfume last 6 to 12 hours. I stop smelling it after 4 hours, but I've been complimented on it after that time frame.

Defiantly HG worthy. And the bottle? Well, it's probably the prettiest bottle I own by far.

on 12/25/2011 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This perfume is way too sweet for me. I find it almost gag worthy.
I sprayed this on and within 5 minutes I promptly went to the bathroom to wash it off. Disgusting. If you like super sweet perfumes (like the ones they sell at Victoria's Secret) then you might want to give this one a whirl.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

My husband bought me this fragrance, it smells pretty and professional. I think when I first received it, it was too mature of a scent for me. Now I appreciate it more, but it's still not very young or fresh to me. It smells sandalwood and rose scented combined, if that makes sense. I like it and smells much better once it's been on the skin. I have had the regular size for years so I don't know if or when I will ever buy again.

on 8/30/2011 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love, love, love this! So warm and sensual, its my favorite fall-winter fragrance. Id tested it for years and years and finally broke down and ordered a (discounted) bottle last year and wore it all through fall and winter (until I dropped the heavy glass bottle on my bathroom counter and it shattered...boo hoo. Im ordering another bottle for this fall). I dont get any lime or citrus from this, though there is a bit of sharpness when first sprayed. But this almost immediately dissipates, and Im left with a wonderful, warm, vanilla & amber scent (similar to VS Amber Romance, but better and somehow more refined). I have the EDT, and the staying power is excellent. I apply 4-5 sprays in the morning and I can still smell it at the end of the day. It will linger even longer on clothing. I find its appropriate for all occasions (as long as I apply sparingly for work I dont find it overpowering). I always get compliments from my husband and others when I wear this. Its a very classic scent and has become one of my staples.