Burberry Brit

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Burberry Brit

4.3

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This review is for the EDP. This is actually a pretty unusual fragrance for me as gourmands are not typically my favorite. I recently tried another perfume that had almond in it, and while I did not like that particular blend, it made me crave something with a similar almond note. As other reviewers have pointed out, Brit starts out a little sharp and citrusy, but the lime settles down pretty quickly on me and I get a nice almond-vanilla-amber drydown with maybe just a touch of wood. As I said, many gourmands, especially the warmer ones, tend to be too spicy for me, but there's no spice in Brit on my skin. It is warm, inviting, and very comforting without having any kind of spicy kick to it. While I didn't really think that this would be a fragrance that I'd love, I actually do really love it and I think I will be reaching for it a lot during the fall and winter. It is a nice change of pace from the florals, aquatics, green etc scents that I tend to use on a frequent basis and I can definitely see this having a prominent position in my fragrance rotation.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was supposed to receive (as a reviewer) the EDP but got the EDT instead. The bottle has the signature horse blanket plaid--but the EDT bottle is monochrome (think the EDP bottle is the plaid colors.) Pictured here? The EDT. In any case, it was lucky--because as an EDT it is one of those, you need to smell good but you don't want to overpower the room scents. You can spray it up, down and you won't make someone ill. I'm actually sensitive to many perfumes (itch, burn, asthma) and my test is if I can wear it. Then it's made of quality ingredients and the newer perfume additives that were invented to improve throw at the expense of good, natural essential oils aren't here to bother me.

Who wrote here, that the EDT is for summer and quite different than the EDP, which is richer? Quite right--I haven't smelled the EDP yet, but the EDT is definitely VERY suitable for summer and it's my go-to summer fragrance. Here is a case where the EDT may be a great choice for a citrusy, floral, light "cologne" that won't get obnoxious.

Supposedly, this is to open with green lemon, frosted pear and white almond. Mid notes white peony. The drydown is vanilla, amber, mahogany and Tonka bean (more vanillic.) I like woody vanilla and anyway, try to avoid it these days? Almost impossible. I love amber as well. So the base notes are among my faves. The lemon vanishes pretty quickly but the peony comes through. Peony is a soft, peppery fresh rose-ish scent (maybe a greener rose is a way to describe it.) So this scent is green, fresh, slightly fruity (pear and lemon) and green-floral. The dry down is muted; not heavy as an oriental but enough there to fix it. I haven't tried the EDP but I imagine the dry down and peony are more pronounced.

(I think the white almond is the almond BLOSSOM, not the almond prussic acid scent.)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I owned this perfume in a small 1oz bottle and used it all up within a year. I only purchased since it was on clearance at Target for only $11...and I actually liked the smell. I normally do floral jasmine scents but this one has a warm musky scent that's great for dinner dates or as a perfume for cold nights. My boyfriend really liked this scent every time I wore it. I wouldn't repurchase since I like to try out different scents.

on 5/19/2015 1:52:00 PM

I hate this stuff. Really weird smell. Not as described at all. Said it had fruity pear notes, ummm not at all. Sold it on EBAY!

on 3/5/2015 9:17:00 PM

This is a very British scent. It's a classic scent, with strong tinges of nostalgia. The notes I smell most significantly are lime, pepper, vanilla, and some faint woods. The opening is mostly lime and pepper, but the vanilla is quickly apparent, and rounds out the scent. This is by no means a sharp lime. Given those notes, it's hard to really imagine the experience of the scent, and I've found that what it evokes is more important to me than the notes. This scent reminds me of an old manor house, classy and classic, but slightly down at its heels. It needs repairs, but it is still putting its best face forward. It brings to mind the old wood parlors, the sprawling grounds, and the titled family living inside. For an interpretation more in keeping with those of us living stateside, it brings to mind New England college campuses in the fall, not at the beginning of the semester, but around November, when the leaves are falling off the trees, and everything is dampened by a cold rain, and people seek shelter in a wood-paneled library.

on 12/11/2014 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this frag - the almond is so sweet and delicious and the hint of lime perks it up!

on 11/28/2014 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

First off, I believe the picture shown is the EDT and my review is for the EDP (the one with the darker plaid markings). I think the packaging is cute and fitting for this classy sent. It's not usually a scent I would be drawn too, I'm more into deep sweet and spicy type of fragrances. But this is very elegant and office appropriate, great for every day wear. It's not the typical fruity or sweet gourmand perfumes that have been very popular lately but nonetheless a classic.
At first it's powerful and fresh, you can really smell the lime and pear notes. Then after a few minutes it dries down into a warm nutty vanilla, the longer it stays on the warmer and sweeter it becomes. Its so comfy on a crisp fall morning, it's comforting and sophisticated. Also the lasting power on this is great as well as the sillage. I'm glad i gave this a chance!

on 11/22/2014 12:42:00 PM

Why does this smell like a faux-trendy guy's perfume..? You know the type of perfume- they all have something in common which they share with Brit, an artificial twist that's generally perceived as being "attractive".

on 10/6/2014 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought Brit for use as a daytime/office fragrance in the cold weather months. I enjoy fragrances with vanilla and tonka, and I like that this one is balanced with the citrus and pear notes. With that said, it sometimes smells a tad sweet to me. But it lasts an entire day and is not overpowering. I'd buy it again.

I love all Burberry scents. Brit is the calmer, softer and creamier version of London, yet it still has just as much staying power. Where London is demanding, loud and in-charge, Brit is fun and uplifting with vanilla, amber and mahogany. Because of this, it can be worn during any season for any occasion. The description says it has a sweet/fruity scent, which I don't get, but regardless, I really enjoy it. I think it's great for spring/summer.

Popular Fragrances