Burberry Brit

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Burberry Brit

on 12/14/2016 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Drydown is wonderful – I tested this before I bought the EDP and when you first spray it smells like a man’s cologne. Initially you get a unisex blast of citrus and alcohol but after it settles this is amazing! Brit is one of those scents that completely changes from start to finish. I can’t stand the initial smell but within 30 minutes this becomes a powdery, soft, almond vanilla. It’s perfect for daytime and it lasts all day on me. I also have the knockoff version by InStyle Perfume and it smells just as good as the Burberry version.

on 2/2/2016 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this perfume for a couple of reasons: it's not musky, slightly heavy but not grannyish and great for layering. Perfect if you're looking for something between grown up but not sickly sweet or overpoweringly heavy. The predominant note on this is vanilla but I love the initial mix of citrus and almond. I've never used up a bottle of perfume before but I'm now going on my second bottle with this. I love slightly darker/heavier scents and this is perfect without being too sickly on the vanilla. I think this will be a keeper for me and I'll buy the lighter version for summer, too.

on 10/3/2015 3:15:00 AM

For me, this is one of the most beautiful, recognizable fragrances ever! It reminds me of fall - coloured leaves, cozy moments, warm drinks....it has such a slightly spicy warmth to it, but is still not too heavy at all. Wonderful!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love this!!

I had bought this a year or two ago and returned it----BUT--hold on..I recently re-purchased this!! Why, you may ask....?

Well initially when I ordered this, and received it in the mail, it smelled like a men's fragrance to me. Not even a man's fragrance, but more like a junior high-school boy scent. Just did not care for, and could not return it fast enough!! Perhaps I had gotten the wrong bottle..???? (And yes, I definitely made sure it was 'for her'..but I digress..)

Fast forward to now..Out of curiosity, I tried this again, and..SWOOONNN!! I see what people rave about with this!! soft, feminine, grown-up woman, not old lady, but not one of those fruity smells that are popping up everywhere..just makes you feel like a woman!!

I am bad with notes, my layman's terms say slight floral with a hint of fruit and vanilla. In looking at the notes on drugstore.com, I am not too far off: "A marvelous blend of almonds, limes and pears, with soft florals and vanilla"...so I would not have been far off!! ;-) It does say this is best for daytime, but I think this would be fine for the workplace, and yes for daytime, but I think this could also transition to nighttime if you needed/wanted. I think this is a great year-round scent, which is great imho. I know some say wear any scent you want any time of year, but I tend to be a stickler for "seasonal" scents. I love that this is a great year-round scent..

One final, possibly the most important note, is this lasts ALL DAY on me..Like, seriously, I even can take a shower and still faintly smell this on my skin, and that is not a heavy application, as I spray and 'walk' into the scent..And for being so long-lasting, it is not too over-powerful at all..The mark of a great fragrance/perfume, in my book!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This smells soooooo good! It has a musky/sweet scent to it. The only problem I do have with this perfume, is the staying power. This doesn't last at all, maybe 2-3 hours if that. Oddly enough, when I normally spray my clothes with any fragrance, it will stay pretty much all day. Unfortunately, this perfume doesn't even stay in my clothes. It is quite overpowering musk when you first spray, but by a few minutes it settles into this sweet smell, almost like amber. This is a great perfume if you are just going on a date, or to dinner with your s/o, but after that it wears off so quickly. My husband absolutely loves this on me! Would I repurchase? Probably, because I haven't found another fragrance like this one! It truly is unique.

on 11/23/2014 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I just didn't take to Brit, I am not fond of woodsy notes mixed with lemon..makes me think of a wood polish product the maid used in my parents ' house!! Not that it is awful, it has a Vanillic vibe that is warm, for me, it has a unisex edge, so not my taste...
It is hugely popular, probably because it has a distinctive smell, a bit like cream soda?. With an almondish twist
Nice, but not for me...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's been a love/hate relationship with Brit. I bought a 1oz at Shoppers for $20 ($20 on seletcted fragrances day) for a friend actually.. but I was really curious so I opened it and sprayed it on myself.

Yep! I kept it!

It's a very STRONG scent initially, which is off-putting for me. The scent quickly lightens up (10 minutes), but throughout the day I find that it doesn't change. It lasts one full day for me.. I don't share the same experience as others having it quickly disappear!

To me (here's the hate part) it's a bit overwhelming. But when I start getting used to it, it's seductive, young, and pretty. I don't wear it very often but I pair this scent usually with dark skinny jeans and a pretty blouse. The scent will "up" this outfit, if that makes sense.

on 12/1/2013 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've always loved Burberry Brit EDP -- it was love at first sniff for me when it launched in 2003, and I bought it immediately. It had my favorite note, Vanilla -- combined with so many other delicious fruity-gourmand notes.

Here is note list, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes -- Iced pear, Lime, Almond
Heart Notes -- Peony
Base Notes -- Amber, Tonka bean, Vanilla

How great are those notes??? To me, that note list speaks for itself -- personally, I love every one of them. Together, they make a fresh, delicious, interesting scent cocktail -- or smoothie. Good for all seasons, all weather, all occasions, all ages.

I love gourmands, and Brit is one I turn to when I want to lighten up -- when I want a gourmand but something more cheerful and less heavy than my ambery-woody-patchouli-musky gourmands. Brit is fresh, refreshing, cheerful, energizing -- due to the zesty lime and sweet pear, which keep the fragrance light & zingy -- as well as gourmand.

Combined with the vanilla & almond, the overall scent is delicious. I've had a bottle since it launched, and I'll always have Brit EDP in my collection, for as long as they make it

DH once complained that my Brit EDP smelled "bitey", which deflated me at first -- but then I disregarded that complaint, because I don't -- and I love it. I suppose he smelled lime. I hate sharpness in a perfume myself -- however, Brit has never struck me as sharp, since that lime topnote quickly combines with sweet pear, sugared almonds, tonka, amber, and vanilla. All combined, it's both refreshing & gourmandy at the same time.

I own both EDP & EDT (and also a Summer version, which is great) but I *definitely* prefer EDP. It's richer, with more vanilla & warmth in the base. EDT stays more light & sheer & citrusy, even though the vanilla is still delicious & quite apparent EDT & Summer versions may be good choices for hot weather, but I think EDP spritzed lightly works too -- since Brit really isn't a heavy scent, in any formulation.

on 9/30/2013 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Fresh, floral, slightly powder, slightly sweet, and a tiny hint of citrus. Love love love.

This is my favourite perfume of all time. I'm very picky when it comes to fragrances because I find that most of them quickly develop the same, chemical laden scent which gives me a headache. This is one of the only perfumes I've come across that I don't have this experience with. It's a very warm, sexy scent that lasts all day. My boyfriend is crazy about this perfume and it has become my signature scent :)

Popular Fragrances