Burberry Brit

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Burberry Brit

4.1

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was supposed to receive (as a reviewer) the EDP but got the EDT instead. The bottle has the signature horse blanket plaid--but the EDT bottle is monochrome (think the EDP bottle is the plaid colors.) Pictured here? The EDT. In any case, it was lucky--because as an EDT it is one of those, you need to smell good but you don't want to overpower the room scents. You can spray it up, down and you won't make someone ill. I'm actually sensitive to many perfumes (itch, burn, asthma) and my test is if I can wear it. Then it's made of quality ingredients and the newer perfume additives that were invented to improve throw at the expense of good, natural essential oils aren't here to bother me.

Who wrote here, that the EDT is for summer and quite different than the EDP, which is richer? Quite right--I haven't smelled the EDP yet, but the EDT is definitely VERY suitable for summer and it's my go-to summer fragrance. Here is a case where the EDT may be a great choice for a citrusy, floral, light "cologne" that won't get obnoxious.

Supposedly, this is to open with green lemon, frosted pear and white almond. Mid notes white peony. The drydown is vanilla, amber, mahogany and Tonka bean (more vanillic.) I like woody vanilla and anyway, try to avoid it these days? Almost impossible. I love amber as well. So the base notes are among my faves. The lemon vanishes pretty quickly but the peony comes through. Peony is a soft, peppery fresh rose-ish scent (maybe a greener rose is a way to describe it.) So this scent is green, fresh, slightly fruity (pear and lemon) and green-floral. The dry down is muted; not heavy as an oriental but enough there to fix it. I haven't tried the EDP but I imagine the dry down and peony are more pronounced.

(I think the white almond is the almond BLOSSOM, not the almond prussic acid scent.)

on 5/1/2016 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love burberry brit I tried both eu the toilet and eu the parfum. this is my signature scent. I do try other perfume but I seem to long and go back to this after trying other perfumes. This is a very warm sensual scent not overpowering and doesn't give me a headache I like perfumes That are ambery,musky,powdery this combines them all without being too strong it just mellows right into my skin and leave such a nice scent. This smells really cozy to me and always reminds me of the good positive experiences I've had. I love this perfume. It would really suit to fall to winter season but I wear this anytime I feel like wearing it and day or night it's totally fine. The price is also a plus and so is the packaging. I would definitely repurchase this perfume over and over it'll be forever part of me.

Mmm. Very sensual. I'm always complimented about this perfume from both genders whenever I wear it. There's lots of vanilla and it's very heavy, almost musky smelling; it makes a great perfume for a night out or when you want to feel extra sexy for your SO. It's not too heavy, but I still find it overwhelming for a day out since I like switching to light citrusy/floral scents. Still, I wear this more than any other parfum in my little collection. I usually spritz this in my hair and apply a little on the neck.

on 10/3/2015 3:15:00 AM

For me, this is one of the most beautiful, recognizable fragrances ever! It reminds me of fall - coloured leaves, cozy moments, warm drinks....it has such a slightly spicy warmth to it, but is still not too heavy at all. Wonderful!

This is one of my favourite fragrances and I have been wearing it for about 10 years. I find two sprays of it last all day and it's not overpowering. It smells exactly on my skin like it does in the bottle, which is always a big plus. Also, the bottle lasts a really long time.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love this!!

I had bought this a year or two ago and returned it----BUT--hold on..I recently re-purchased this!! Why, you may ask....?

Well initially when I ordered this, and received it in the mail, it smelled like a men's fragrance to me. Not even a man's fragrance, but more like a junior high-school boy scent. Just did not care for, and could not return it fast enough!! Perhaps I had gotten the wrong bottle..???? (And yes, I definitely made sure it was 'for her'..but I digress..)

Fast forward to now..Out of curiosity, I tried this again, and..SWOOONNN!! I see what people rave about with this!! soft, feminine, grown-up woman, not old lady, but not one of those fruity smells that are popping up everywhere..just makes you feel like a woman!!

I am bad with notes, my layman's terms say slight floral with a hint of fruit and vanilla. In looking at the notes on drugstore.com, I am not too far off: "A marvelous blend of almonds, limes and pears, with soft florals and vanilla"...so I would not have been far off!! ;-) It does say this is best for daytime, but I think this would be fine for the workplace, and yes for daytime, but I think this could also transition to nighttime if you needed/wanted. I think this is a great year-round scent, which is great imho. I know some say wear any scent you want any time of year, but I tend to be a stickler for "seasonal" scents. I love that this is a great year-round scent..

One final, possibly the most important note, is this lasts ALL DAY on me..Like, seriously, I even can take a shower and still faintly smell this on my skin, and that is not a heavy application, as I spray and 'walk' into the scent..And for being so long-lasting, it is not too over-powerful at all..The mark of a great fragrance/perfume, in my book!!!

on 5/19/2015 1:52:00 PM

I hate this stuff. Really weird smell. Not as described at all. Said it had fruity pear notes, ummm not at all. Sold it on EBAY!

on 5/7/2015 4:48:00 AM

Received their as a gift. Nothing special. In fact nothing at all!
I can hardly smell anything when I spray it on.
I would give it zero stars if I could.

I bought the Edp and the initial spray is quite bright with the lime, but it quickly goes away. Then it reminds me of sugared and spiced almonds. 30 minutes go by and I'm getting wafts of it, and it keeps reminding me of a perfume I have smelled before. Then it hits me. It reminded me of Electric Youth by Debbie Gibson, so I searched online to see if anyone else happened to compare it to that perfume, and sure enough I found several reviews stating the same thing! I'm not sure I will continue to wear this anymore since all I can think of when I smell it is that old 80s perfume...

on 11/28/2014 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

First off, I believe the picture shown is the EDT and my review is for the EDP (the one with the darker plaid markings). I think the packaging is cute and fitting for this classy sent. It's not usually a scent I would be drawn too, I'm more into deep sweet and spicy type of fragrances. But this is very elegant and office appropriate, great for every day wear. It's not the typical fruity or sweet gourmand perfumes that have been very popular lately but nonetheless a classic.
At first it's powerful and fresh, you can really smell the lime and pear notes. Then after a few minutes it dries down into a warm nutty vanilla, the longer it stays on the warmer and sweeter it becomes. Its so comfy on a crisp fall morning, it's comforting and sophisticated. Also the lasting power on this is great as well as the sillage. I'm glad i gave this a chance!

Popular Fragrances