Burberry Brit

4.5

on 11/28/2014 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

First off, I believe the picture shown is the EDT and my review is for the EDP (the one with the darker plaid markings). I think the packaging is cute and fitting for this classy sent. It's not usually a scent I would be drawn too, I'm more into deep sweet and spicy type of fragrances. But this is very elegant and office appropriate, great for every day wear. It's not the typical fruity or sweet gourmand perfumes that have been very popular lately but nonetheless a classic.
At first it's powerful and fresh, you can really smell the lime and pear notes. Then after a few minutes it dries down into a warm nutty vanilla, the longer it stays on the warmer and sweeter it becomes. Its so comfy on a crisp fall morning, it's comforting and sophisticated. Also the lasting power on this is great as well as the sillage. I'm glad i gave this a chance!

on 9/30/2013 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Fresh, floral, slightly powder, slightly sweet, and a tiny hint of citrus. Love love love.

on 5/1/2013 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a scent with no sharp edges. It is like an olfactive equivalent perfect woman's figure dressed in a tight babysoft angora dress in some edible pastel colour. Once I have extra cash to fork out on a bottle of this juice, it will definitely my "security blanket" frag: it is just so soft and silky and almost childishly naive! - this is for non-femme fatale days, when one just wants a little bit of calmness or just feels laid back and casual. I applaud Burberry for the originality: lime and vanilla is like an oddball couple: nobody could have ever imagined how well these polarities could co-exist! Lime is bright and joyful here, with a barely there minty-ness, and it is lime, imho, that makes this frag sound modern and young at heart, no matter what age the wearer is. Vanilla takes the sharpness and bitterness completely out of the picture and leaves exactly what is needed to differentiate itself from other more conventional vanillas: a nice warm green breeze. Strangely enough, I think exactly of a typical burberry pattern when I smell this: the essence of this label is so well captured here! - understated, casual but with a tonic in it and an upbeat character. Despite the fact it is a comfy scent, I don't feel like vegetating while wearing it: lime calls for action in the sunshine: a brisk walk with girlfriends, horse riding, cycling - just moving around somewhere outside the city soaking up the spring sun. The bottle is simply gorgeous, berstylish, so british in a way: such a pleasure to catch a glimpse of it on a dresser!

on 5/24/2012 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Mmmh I've almost forgot about this perfume.. I had it a few years ago, and I liked it very much! Really nice <3 Might buy it again

on 5/5/2012 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

What I would call a modern, updated oriental. There is a lot of spice, but there's some sweetness and a bit of vanilla that makes it smell delicious and not cloying like many of the classic orientals. It dries down to a beautiful woody scent. I would wear this in the edp for sure- if it wasn't so common. By far this is the best burberry fragrance.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really love this product because of the lasting power too!! It doesn't wear off throughout the day and really keeps it's lovely scent!! A lot of musls can really give me a headache too but not this!! It really is a musky feminine scent but has a "clean" scent to it as well which I feel counteracts the scent that usually gives me a headache! Does that make sense? I have many Burberry perfumes but this one is by far my favorite without a doubt! And I always get commend on it as well!!

on 5/7/2008 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

my favorite!!!!! smells so soft and i always come back to it although I have other perfumes!

on 9/2/2006 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I absolutely love sweet fragances, so this one is just perfect!!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Really very nice one! there are not usually many fragrances that I like, but this one is really beautiful! It makes me wanna EAT it :-)

on 8/5/2005 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

When I first smelled this perfume, I didn't like it. I think because it was warm weather (at least here in New Orleans) at the time. I know others described it as a "fresh" scent, but I find it to be more suitable for fall or winter. It's actually now one of my favorite scents. I love to pair it with C.O. Bigelow's Almond Body Lotion because I think it gives it a nice sweet scent. I used to pair it with Bath & Body Work's Rice FLower and Shea body cream, but that scent is being discontinued. I think the Bigelow's Almond body lotion goes well with it because it picks up the almond notes in the perfume. I wear this perfume when I go out on dates at night.

Popular Fragrances