Burberry Brit

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Burberry Brit

on 10/16/2018 1:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Burberry Brit EDP was the first perfume I ever fell in love with. When it came out in 2003 I could never find the money for a bottle. In hindsight I wish I had found the money because it probably would have been my signature scent all these years. I finally purchased a 3.3oz in 2015 before they changed the design on the bottle. I’m so happy to have it in my collection, for both scent and nostalgia purposes. Brit EDP has such a pleasant scent. I’ve always described it easily as Italian almond biscotti cookies drizzled with fresh lime juice. It’s sweet but balanced with the tart freshness of the lime. It’s not too sweet, not too foody, not too tart, not too citrusy. Also, Brit EDP works year around. Most people think it’s best for Autumn, but I think the freshness also makes it fitting for spring and summer while the gourmand aspect makes it great also for winter. You could wear Burberry Brit to work or school during the day and also to parties and dates in the evening. It’s youthful but not immature. Burberry Brit really has no age and it also doesn’t seem dated to a specific period of time.

Sillage and longevity are moderate. Burberry Brit EDP isn’t too strong and shouldn’t offend anyone. I can faintly smell it on clothes in the hamper, so it does have lasting power on fabrics. I’ve noticed that Nordstrom no longer carries Brit online and that Sephora is cutting back bottle size offerings. Ulta and Macys still carry all the Burberry fragrance offerings including Brit, so that’s nice to know. I hope Burberry isn’t planning on discontinuing Brit or any of their other perfumes. IMO Burberry makes pretty good fragrances.

Burberry Brit EDP is a great fragrance and will always be close to my heart. I think it’s a safe blind purchase for yourself or as a gift.

on 3/20/2018 9:25:00 AM

I got a sample of this EDP and tried it for a party I went that day.
It smells just like anise, which I find too strong and overpowering. Just a dab of it on my wrists was enough to give me a terrible headache. Nevertheless I got many compliments on it. Go figure.
Wouldn´t buy or use it ever again.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This review is for the EDP. This is actually a pretty unusual fragrance for me as gourmands are not typically my favorite. I recently tried another perfume that had almond in it, and while I did not like that particular blend, it made me crave something with a similar almond note. As other reviewers have pointed out, Brit starts out a little sharp and citrusy, but the lime settles down pretty quickly on me and I get a nice almond-vanilla-amber drydown with maybe just a touch of wood. As I said, many gourmands, especially the warmer ones, tend to be too spicy for me, but there's no spice in Brit on my skin. It is warm, inviting, and very comforting without having any kind of spicy kick to it. While I didn't really think that this would be a fragrance that I'd love, I actually do really love it and I think I will be reaching for it a lot during the fall and winter. It is a nice change of pace from the florals, aquatics, green etc scents that I tend to use on a frequent basis and I can definitely see this having a prominent position in my fragrance rotation.

on 2/24/2017 3:36:00 PM

For some reason I get pencil shavings with lemon in the opening. I got a good deal on this and like the drydown. It is a sweet vanilla drydown without giving a headache. It is a really inoffensive fragrance but won't make a bold statement, so great for at work. It doesn't have great lasting power though.

I have the EDP. The best thing about this perfume is the vanilla dry down. I don't really care for the top and middle notes of this perfume.

The packaging doesn't look very nice

on 10/3/2015 3:15:00 AM

For me, this is one of the most beautiful, recognizable fragrances ever! It reminds me of fall - coloured leaves, cozy moments, warm drinks....it has such a slightly spicy warmth to it, but is still not too heavy at all. Wonderful!

This is one of my favourite fragrances and I have been wearing it for about 10 years. I find two sprays of it last all day and it's not overpowering. It smells exactly on my skin like it does in the bottle, which is always a big plus. Also, the bottle lasts a really long time.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love this!!

I had bought this a year or two ago and returned it----BUT--hold on..I recently re-purchased this!! Why, you may ask....?

Well initially when I ordered this, and received it in the mail, it smelled like a men's fragrance to me. Not even a man's fragrance, but more like a junior high-school boy scent. Just did not care for, and could not return it fast enough!! Perhaps I had gotten the wrong bottle..???? (And yes, I definitely made sure it was 'for her'..but I digress..)

Fast forward to now..Out of curiosity, I tried this again, and..SWOOONNN!! I see what people rave about with this!! soft, feminine, grown-up woman, not old lady, but not one of those fruity smells that are popping up everywhere..just makes you feel like a woman!!

I am bad with notes, my layman's terms say slight floral with a hint of fruit and vanilla. In looking at the notes on drugstore.com, I am not too far off: "A marvelous blend of almonds, limes and pears, with soft florals and vanilla"...so I would not have been far off!! ;-) It does say this is best for daytime, but I think this would be fine for the workplace, and yes for daytime, but I think this could also transition to nighttime if you needed/wanted. I think this is a great year-round scent, which is great imho. I know some say wear any scent you want any time of year, but I tend to be a stickler for "seasonal" scents. I love that this is a great year-round scent..

One final, possibly the most important note, is this lasts ALL DAY on me..Like, seriously, I even can take a shower and still faintly smell this on my skin, and that is not a heavy application, as I spray and 'walk' into the scent..And for being so long-lasting, it is not too over-powerful at all..The mark of a great fragrance/perfume, in my book!!!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I like to wear this when I go out and wear my fancy clothes it totally changes my outlook and makes me feel great!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I owned this perfume in a small 1oz bottle and used it all up within a year. I only purchased since it was on clearance at Target for only $11...and I actually liked the smell. I normally do floral jasmine scents but this one has a warm musky scent that's great for dinner dates or as a perfume for cold nights. My boyfriend really liked this scent every time I wore it. I wouldn't repurchase since I like to try out different scents.