Burberry Brit

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Burberry Brit

4.1

Mmm. Very sensual. I'm always complimented about this perfume from both genders whenever I wear it. There's lots of vanilla and it's very heavy, almost musky smelling; it makes a great perfume for a night out or when you want to feel extra sexy for your SO. It's not too heavy, but I still find it overwhelming for a day out since I like switching to light citrusy/floral scents. Still, I wear this more than any other parfum in my little collection. I usually spritz this in my hair and apply a little on the neck.

on 12/11/2014 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this frag - the almond is so sweet and delicious and the hint of lime perks it up!

on 11/23/2014 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I just didn't take to Brit, I am not fond of woodsy notes mixed with lemon..makes me think of a wood polish product the maid used in my parents ' house!! Not that it is awful, it has a Vanillic vibe that is warm, for me, it has a unisex edge, so not my taste...
It is hugely popular, probably because it has a distinctive smell, a bit like cream soda?. With an almondish twist
Nice, but not for me...

on 2/1/2014 8:39:00 PM

This is my favorite smell. BUT, I am very disappointed that the scent disappears almost immediately. I tried using the shower gel, the cream and then the perfume on top. Still, it did not last. This perfume has one of the most perfect scents and it's a shame that I don't want to buy it anymore because of its lasting power or lack thereof. I love fruity fragrances. I love vanilla. This perfume has both. It's just an uncomplicated, fresh and pleasant scent. It makes me sad that I have to do without this lovely fragrance because it's weak. I'm not forking out big money for something that I can't even smell an hour later. Truly a shame.

on 12/1/2013 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've always loved Burberry Brit EDP -- it was love at first sniff for me when it launched in 2003, and I bought it immediately. It had my favorite note, Vanilla -- combined with so many other delicious fruity-gourmand notes.

Here is note list, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes -- Iced pear, Lime, Almond
Heart Notes -- Peony
Base Notes -- Amber, Tonka bean, Vanilla

How great are those notes??? To me, that note list speaks for itself -- personally, I love every one of them. Together, they make a fresh, delicious, interesting scent cocktail -- or smoothie. Good for all seasons, all weather, all occasions, all ages.

I love gourmands, and Brit is one I turn to when I want to lighten up -- when I want a gourmand but something more cheerful and less heavy than my ambery-woody-patchouli-musky gourmands. Brit is fresh, refreshing, cheerful, energizing -- due to the zesty lime and sweet pear, which keep the fragrance light & zingy -- as well as gourmand.

Combined with the vanilla & almond, the overall scent is delicious. I've had a bottle since it launched, and I'll always have Brit EDP in my collection, for as long as they make it

DH once complained that my Brit EDP smelled "bitey", which deflated me at first -- but then I disregarded that complaint, because I don't -- and I love it. I suppose he smelled lime. I hate sharpness in a perfume myself -- however, Brit has never struck me as sharp, since that lime topnote quickly combines with sweet pear, sugared almonds, tonka, amber, and vanilla. All combined, it's both refreshing & gourmandy at the same time.

I own both EDP & EDT (and also a Summer version, which is great) but I *definitely* prefer EDP. It's richer, with more vanilla & warmth in the base. EDT stays more light & sheer & citrusy, even though the vanilla is still delicious & quite apparent EDT & Summer versions may be good choices for hot weather, but I think EDP spritzed lightly works too -- since Brit really isn't a heavy scent, in any formulation.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Soft and sweet but use sparingly. Too much and it smells sickenly sweet. Lovely warm drydown. Get lots of compliments. One problem is that everyone is going to be wearing this and it will become like a Justin Bieber record, beautiful but way overplayed.

The packaging is hideous!!

on 3/22/2013 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I don't use this everyday but I do like it. I think maybe its a bit overpriced considering it reminds me a bit of something I've smelled many times before (maybe from BBW??). Anyways it's a warm and sweet vanilla scent with a very SLIGHT hint of lime and a strong kick of almonds. I can see how some may want to spray it everyday but, for me, it has to be when I'm in the mood as I've been drawn to cleaner scents lately for everyday wear.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is like my 5th bottle of BB. seriously, wth i can't get over it, it so light but so strong at the same damn time. you can wear it for any occasion, its not heavy and strong, just enough for when u walk by someone they notice you but they dont choke on your scent.

on 12/17/2012 11:15:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

On a scale of 1-10 of how often I wear perfumes, I'm like a 1. I really don't wear a lot of it because most scents bother me or give me allergic reactions, plus I know a lot of people are sensitive to scents so I sometimes feel uncomfortable wearing perfume in public. This fragrance, along with Burberry Classic are my two HG perfumes because I feel like they are light enough and not very offensive smelling. I'm not sure why these don't bother me but I feel very comfortable wearing this in public.. All the Burberry scents I've smelled are not in-your-face at all, and not stuffy. Give this a try if you're usually sensitive and want to wear perfume! It's also good to note that my bottle is pushing 4 or 5 years and it has stayed fresh and not gone bad on me..

on 11/17/2012 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My friend has this perfume and it smells great on her. however, when i spray it, i can really detect a citrusy smell which i really dislike, the dry down of this scent is a lot nicer. It smells good on my friend but it gets a bit cloying when i spray it on myself and the overly sweet almond just gives me a headache. i wish it smells as good on me as it does on others. maybe it just doesnt work with my skin chemistry.

Popular Fragrances