Burberry Brit

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Burberry Brit

3.8

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was supposed to receive (as a reviewer) the EDP but got the EDT instead. The bottle has the signature horse blanket plaid--but the EDT bottle is monochrome (think the EDP bottle is the plaid colors.) Pictured here? The EDT. In any case, it was lucky--because as an EDT it is one of those, you need to smell good but you don't want to overpower the room scents. You can spray it up, down and you won't make someone ill. I'm actually sensitive to many perfumes (itch, burn, asthma) and my test is if I can wear it. Then it's made of quality ingredients and the newer perfume additives that were invented to improve throw at the expense of good, natural essential oils aren't here to bother me.

Who wrote here, that the EDT is for summer and quite different than the EDP, which is richer? Quite right--I haven't smelled the EDP yet, but the EDT is definitely VERY suitable for summer and it's my go-to summer fragrance. Here is a case where the EDT may be a great choice for a citrusy, floral, light "cologne" that won't get obnoxious.

Supposedly, this is to open with green lemon, frosted pear and white almond. Mid notes white peony. The drydown is vanilla, amber, mahogany and Tonka bean (more vanillic.) I like woody vanilla and anyway, try to avoid it these days? Almost impossible. I love amber as well. So the base notes are among my faves. The lemon vanishes pretty quickly but the peony comes through. Peony is a soft, peppery fresh rose-ish scent (maybe a greener rose is a way to describe it.) So this scent is green, fresh, slightly fruity (pear and lemon) and green-floral. The dry down is muted; not heavy as an oriental but enough there to fix it. I haven't tried the EDP but I imagine the dry down and peony are more pronounced.

(I think the white almond is the almond BLOSSOM, not the almond prussic acid scent.)

on 8/17/2015 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My best friend wears this as her signature scent, and she smells so good that whenever we're together I would always octopus hug her so I can smell her (woah, what a creep). I finally got my own, and wore it today. My lil' sis liked it, but she says my Jimmy Choo parfum smelled better.

Either way, great scent!

I love all Burberry scents. Brit is the calmer, softer and creamier version of London, yet it still has just as much staying power. Where London is demanding, loud and in-charge, Brit is fun and uplifting with vanilla, amber and mahogany. Because of this, it can be worn during any season for any occasion. The description says it has a sweet/fruity scent, which I don't get, but regardless, I really enjoy it. I think it's great for spring/summer.

on 3/1/2014 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Vanilla, peony, almonds, mahogany, and sugar are the notes that stand out to me in this. This is a very adult fragrance in my opinion. It's not too sweet or strong and doesn't fall flat or really smell like anything else I own.

It lasts for a good amount of time and I get many compliments from it. I would say this is better worn at night and in winter. It's very sexy and I love it :)

on 1/23/2014 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I am not a perfume wearer, but I decided it was time to have a decent scent for special occasions. I spent about a month shopping for something that wouldn't irritate my (or my boyfriend's) sensitive nose. Nothing too alcohol-y, floral, heavy, powdery etc.

This is a sweet mild scent that suits most occasions. It's sort of a young smell, and can see it worn well on women aged 18-32. This perfume is sweet without being cloying. Fresh without being too sharp. Strong but inoffensive. Most people say it's a fall/winter scent, but sprayed strategically, I plan to wear this all year round. The first time I wore it near my boyfriend, he said I smell "fancy". Which is a pretty keen observation, I suppose lol

on 10/10/2013 8:22:00 PM

This is one of my favorite fall-winter scents. It has that really warm and cozy scent that just make you think of sitting in front of a fireplace with a warm blanket around you. When i first sprayed it i actually did'nt like it, it almost smelled sour, but when it's been on my skin for a few minutes it smells amazing! a really nice vanilla-almond scent that still manages not to be oversweet. It is a very classy perfume, and i love it :)

on 9/30/2013 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Beautiful scent for fall / winter. This is for the woman who wants to feel sexy and be noticed. I have loved and worn this for years. Awesome staple scent.

on 6/19/2013 3:37:00 PM

Burberry Brit is the very first "big girl" perfume I ever bought, at a department store counter with my proud mother en tow. I picked it up because I hadn't the slightest idea about perfumes, except that I knew I liked sweet and vanilla-tinged scents.

I have many more bottles in my collection now, and I still love hints of vanilla - all varieties, from Shalimar to Pink Sugar - but with all the variety, I still find myself reaching for Burberry Brit quite often. It's somehow wound up being the only perfume I have duplicate bottles of.

Others have commented on the notes, and those aspects of any perfume are fairly easy to look up anyway, so I'll sum it up in a different way for me: It's easy to wear. It offends no one (that I've come across), but it also isn't the perfume in my collection that gathers the most comments or compliments. It's steady, reliable, and the perfect mix between lightness and substance. It doesn't "say" any age to me - it's not the scent of a young girl or a refined older woman, it just IS. It's even a bit androgynous as well as ageless. It is, essentially, just like the bottle it comes in: Not too try-hard, not overly delicate or simpering, just sturdy but with interesting little ribbons of color shot through it.

I tend to wear it most in the colder months, as it feels like a fall/winter scent to me. It's also a bit tricky for me as far as endurance - if I want it to last, I have to make sure to place it carefully, and I often wind up using more spritzes of this than of other perfumes. Nevertheless, I'll probably always have a bottle.

on 6/28/2012 10:43:00 PM

I don't like a strong fragrance pretty much ever. This has been my go to for almost a year. I find that in the bottle it is not my favorite, but after it marries with my skin it is divine. It is pricey so I took off a lippie, but I am pretty sure this is going to be in my kit for life.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I think this is a lovely scent, and most seem to love it, but I found it way, way too sweet. If the sweetness were toned down a bit, I would really enjoy this fragrance.

Popular Fragrances