Burberry Brit

Burberry Brit

3.9

on 5/1/2016 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love burberry brit I tried both eu the toilet and eu the parfum. this is my signature scent. I do try other perfume but I seem to long and go back to this after trying other perfumes. This is a very warm sensual scent not overpowering and doesn't give me a headache I like perfumes That are ambery,musky,powdery this combines them all without being too strong it just mellows right into my skin and leave such a nice scent. This smells really cozy to me and always reminds me of the good positive experiences I've had. I love this perfume. It would really suit to fall to winter season but I wear this anytime I feel like wearing it and day or night it's totally fine. The price is also a plus and so is the packaging. I would definitely repurchase this perfume over and over it'll be forever part of me.

on 11/13/2012 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I totally agree with the girl Below Me. When you 1st spray it, You get a strong Lime scent! Which i don't really care for, But after that passes the Amber & Sandalwood kick in, Which is my fav part! Bc that is the Note i most like & the note that stats on you. After sniffing my arm, I do have to agree that it kinda does smell like Viva La Juicy, Maybe its the Amber. Anyways I LOVE this fragrance <3 will be using alot during the Winter!

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Brit, both women's and men's versions, is my favorite Burberry scent. I used to love the original Burberry years ago, but got too used to it, I guess, and it lost its magic. Tried all the others from this brand and didn't like any of them, just Brit. It's my comfort scent. If men's version makes me think of a dark blue/grey, soft, luxurious oversized cashmere sweater, wearing it while sitting in front of a fireplace at the beach house, on a cool overcast day, then women's makes me envision the same kind of sweater but in ivory/cream. Both are just so warm and comfy.

on 9/2/2011 6:00:00 PM

LOVE! I think I've found my HG VANILLA-BASED PERFUME! EDP purchased...much sweeter than the EDT. Very sweet-smelling on me, not too musky as I had feared! Like a sexy, grown-up BBW Vanilla Bean Noel-- the citrus is bright at first (less jarring with the EDP that I got, vs the EDT that I did try, too), but to my untrained nose, I think it is what keeps the vanilla and other stuff from becoming too stomach-turningly-sweet like JC's Viva La Juicy.

** On a side-note, tried BBW's Halloween 2011 "Sinful Vanilla" lotion and if that has scared you with its extreme muskiness, please know that Burberry Brit EDP is nowhere near that!!

I have to admit, that to me, it does give me an "almost masculine" impression. Agyness Deyn comes to mind, haha, gorgeous and androgynous with her hairdo (even though she did spots for Burberry's Beat). But just wanted to share my history of perfumes (I should really post these for each brand) and you can easily see why I think this smells almost unisex/masculine....

My first perfume (as a teenager) was YSL's Babydoll...loved the fruity, flowery, and girly scent!

Stopped buying perfumes for a while.

Then, a few years ago (now I'm 29), I decided to look for my HG perfume. Something girly..preferably with vanilla thanks to those studies that you might've read, about vanilla being a big seduction factor (I want to smell good for my bf!)

I've tried mostly fruity/gourmand and vanilla-based scents-- JC's Viva La Juicy had a metallic tang to me, that made me feel sick especially if I was busy/running on an empty stomach (which often happens at work when I get busy and don't eat enough!). Good indicator as if I'm wearing a perfume while I'm in a vulnerable state (e.g., hungry/nauseous, or queasy in general in the tummy) and that perfume makes me want to hurl, then I will never use it!!

Loved Aquolina's Pink Sugar, but it seemed too fickle on me, smelling sweetly sometimes, or more of a burnt-caramel at other times.

More vanilla ones...of course, Lavanila's natural EDPs were great with my favorites being the coconut and the grapefruit ones but the former started smelling "off" to me with the coconut overpowering the vanilla, even when I stored it in a dark, [but I admit, sometimes warm] place. While the latter was sometimes too "tangy" or sharp, when I sniffed my wrist on an empty stomach.

Even tried JC's Couture Couture (not much vanilla, but I fell for the uber-girliness of the brand/bottle-- turns TOO POWDERY and the grape/plum disappears quickly for me).

Dear bf picked out two for me in the past, that he liked on me-- JC's original Juicy Couture (tooooo flowery, and I cant remember what the notes were supposed to be, but too much floral and white floral!!), and more recently, Katy Perry's Purr. I didn't get to pick out the vanilla very well on Purr (with again, my sorta neophyte nose) but to me, it smelled tropical! Coconut and peach! No extreme floral-girliness but a fruity one that I liked!

Still wanted a vanilla one, and I decided on Burberry Brit EDP. Perfect! Either I oversniffed and overloaded my senses so that I got too used to it on me, or maybe it doesn't really have much lasting power on my skin :P But the scent is worth it. Also bought a travel/refillable spray already to keep it in my purse! Forgot to mention that I did buy Brit Sheer in the past (pink bottle) and it seemed rather similar to YSL's Babydoll (grapefruit!), but I think it was too...citrusy/green for me? The lime in the Brit EDP is again, very subtle to me, at least, as it dries down, which I adore, and no vampy too-musky things-- I definitely get a sultry, tempered-not-overly-sickeningly-sweet vanilla!!!

******EDITED TO ADD REMARKS ABOUT NEW(?) ROLLERBALL AND A GREAT, CHEAP LOTION!*******

upon another MUAer's review, I tried Johnson & Johnson's Baby Lotion in the Vanilla Oatmeal (or Oatmeal Vanilla?) scent along with this EDP and both work beautifully! Although the J&J stuff does have a ton of parabens in it....Would like to try the Burberry Brit Lotion but I'll buy a giftset that includes the lotion and body wash when my current EDP bottle runs out!

Also, something disappointing-- the Burberry Brit Rollerball I got at Ulta was advertised on their site as the "Eau de Parfum" but when I received it, it was the EDT version! Aghh! I am almost certain that the one on Bloomingdale's site is also the EDT.....

on 8/8/2011 10:28:00 AM

This is my HG perfume. Smells like lime at first, then proceeds to a spicy clove smell, then vanilla. I love the progression of the scent. I have always received compliments with this perfume, but I think it may be because its not too strong after a few minutes and it blends well with my natural oils.

Love this. Very warm yet fresh. The bottle is cute, and the edges of the lid are really sharp, so it can double as a weapon - bonus! (I kid, I kid)

I get compliments whenever I wear this. Could be an all-season fragrance.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is one of my go to fall/winter scents. I can reall smell the almonds, amber and vanilla on me. It does have great staying power, which is good because it's not cheap. So one of two sprays usually lasts the whole night. I love the cute, modern plaid bottle. A def repurchase.

on 4/12/2010 3:38:00 AM

This is competent, strong, and seems to melt into the background nicely. I love the drydown of sweet almonds and fruit.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I received this perfume as a gift and I was really excited to see what it would smell like since I had never smelled it before... OH my goodness, this is THE STRONGEST perfume that I have ever smelled!! Even when I sprayed this very lightly and pretty far from my skin, the smell was just sooo overbearing! It gave me the biggest headache! I"m not a fan of "warm" smelling perfumes and maybe that's why I didn't like this one. I've read reviews where people have said that this perfume is "light and fresh"!!?? I have no idea where they would get that from because this perfume is definitely not light or fresh!!

ps- I smelled the Burberry Brit Sheer and that one smells so good! I would buy that one instead :)

on 3/17/2010 3:28:00 PM

Too sweet (in a food-like sweet way) for me. I don't mind sweet perfumes, if they aren't 'foody' sweet. This one makes me a little nauseaus.

Popular Fragrances