Burberry Brit

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Burberry Brit

4.2

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This review is for the EDP. This is actually a pretty unusual fragrance for me as gourmands are not typically my favorite. I recently tried another perfume that had almond in it, and while I did not like that particular blend, it made me crave something with a similar almond note. As other reviewers have pointed out, Brit starts out a little sharp and citrusy, but the lime settles down pretty quickly on me and I get a nice almond-vanilla-amber drydown with maybe just a touch of wood. As I said, many gourmands, especially the warmer ones, tend to be too spicy for me, but there's no spice in Brit on my skin. It is warm, inviting, and very comforting without having any kind of spicy kick to it. While I didn't really think that this would be a fragrance that I'd love, I actually do really love it and I think I will be reaching for it a lot during the fall and winter. It is a nice change of pace from the florals, aquatics, green etc scents that I tend to use on a frequent basis and I can definitely see this having a prominent position in my fragrance rotation.

on 2/24/2017 3:36:00 PM

For some reason I get pencil shavings with lemon in the opening. I got a good deal on this and like the drydown. It is a sweet vanilla drydown without giving a headache. It is a really inoffensive fragrance but won't make a bold statement, so great for at work. It doesn't have great lasting power though.

on 12/14/2016 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Drydown is wonderful – I tested this before I bought the EDP and when you first spray it smells like a man’s cologne. Initially you get a unisex blast of citrus and alcohol but after it settles this is amazing! Brit is one of those scents that completely changes from start to finish. I can’t stand the initial smell but within 30 minutes this becomes a powdery, soft, almond vanilla. It’s perfect for daytime and it lasts all day on me. I also have the knockoff version by InStyle Perfume and it smells just as good as the Burberry version.

on 2/2/2016 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this perfume for a couple of reasons: it's not musky, slightly heavy but not grannyish and great for layering. Perfect if you're looking for something between grown up but not sickly sweet or overpoweringly heavy. The predominant note on this is vanilla but I love the initial mix of citrus and almond. I've never used up a bottle of perfume before but I'm now going on my second bottle with this. I love slightly darker/heavier scents and this is perfect without being too sickly on the vanilla. I think this will be a keeper for me and I'll buy the lighter version for summer, too.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This smells soooooo good! It has a musky/sweet scent to it. The only problem I do have with this perfume, is the staying power. This doesn't last at all, maybe 2-3 hours if that. Oddly enough, when I normally spray my clothes with any fragrance, it will stay pretty much all day. Unfortunately, this perfume doesn't even stay in my clothes. It is quite overpowering musk when you first spray, but by a few minutes it settles into this sweet smell, almost like amber. This is a great perfume if you are just going on a date, or to dinner with your s/o, but after that it wears off so quickly. My husband absolutely loves this on me! Would I repurchase? Probably, because I haven't found another fragrance like this one! It truly is unique.

on 3/5/2015 9:17:00 PM

This is a very British scent. It's a classic scent, with strong tinges of nostalgia. The notes I smell most significantly are lime, pepper, vanilla, and some faint woods. The opening is mostly lime and pepper, but the vanilla is quickly apparent, and rounds out the scent. This is by no means a sharp lime. Given those notes, it's hard to really imagine the experience of the scent, and I've found that what it evokes is more important to me than the notes. This scent reminds me of an old manor house, classy and classic, but slightly down at its heels. It needs repairs, but it is still putting its best face forward. It brings to mind the old wood parlors, the sprawling grounds, and the titled family living inside. For an interpretation more in keeping with those of us living stateside, it brings to mind New England college campuses in the fall, not at the beginning of the semester, but around November, when the leaves are falling off the trees, and everything is dampened by a cold rain, and people seek shelter in a wood-paneled library.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Nice quality florals, but on my skin it turns into mens aftershave and is quite overpowering with musky amber. Touch was like that for me also. There is something in it that amplifies on my skin that obviously doesn't happen to other people. I prefer lighter florals of The Beat, which is discontinued but still selling online, I just picked up travel bottle.

on 11/23/2014 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I just didn't take to Brit, I am not fond of woodsy notes mixed with lemon..makes me think of a wood polish product the maid used in my parents ' house!! Not that it is awful, it has a Vanillic vibe that is warm, for me, it has a unisex edge, so not my taste...
It is hugely popular, probably because it has a distinctive smell, a bit like cream soda?. With an almondish twist
Nice, but not for me...

on 11/22/2014 12:42:00 PM

Why does this smell like a faux-trendy guy's perfume..? You know the type of perfume- they all have something in common which they share with Brit, an artificial twist that's generally perceived as being "attractive".

on 10/6/2014 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought Brit for use as a daytime/office fragrance in the cold weather months. I enjoy fragrances with vanilla and tonka, and I like that this one is balanced with the citrus and pear notes. With that said, it sometimes smells a tad sweet to me. But it lasts an entire day and is not overpowering. I'd buy it again.

Popular Fragrances