Burberry Brit

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Burberry Brit

3.4

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was supposed to receive (as a reviewer) the EDP but got the EDT instead. The bottle has the signature horse blanket plaid--but the EDT bottle is monochrome (think the EDP bottle is the plaid colors.) Pictured here? The EDT. In any case, it was lucky--because as an EDT it is one of those, you need to smell good but you don't want to overpower the room scents. You can spray it up, down and you won't make someone ill. I'm actually sensitive to many perfumes (itch, burn, asthma) and my test is if I can wear it. Then it's made of quality ingredients and the newer perfume additives that were invented to improve throw at the expense of good, natural essential oils aren't here to bother me.

Who wrote here, that the EDT is for summer and quite different than the EDP, which is richer? Quite right--I haven't smelled the EDP yet, but the EDT is definitely VERY suitable for summer and it's my go-to summer fragrance. Here is a case where the EDT may be a great choice for a citrusy, floral, light "cologne" that won't get obnoxious.

Supposedly, this is to open with green lemon, frosted pear and white almond. Mid notes white peony. The drydown is vanilla, amber, mahogany and Tonka bean (more vanillic.) I like woody vanilla and anyway, try to avoid it these days? Almost impossible. I love amber as well. So the base notes are among my faves. The lemon vanishes pretty quickly but the peony comes through. Peony is a soft, peppery fresh rose-ish scent (maybe a greener rose is a way to describe it.) So this scent is green, fresh, slightly fruity (pear and lemon) and green-floral. The dry down is muted; not heavy as an oriental but enough there to fix it. I haven't tried the EDP but I imagine the dry down and peony are more pronounced.

(I think the white almond is the almond BLOSSOM, not the almond prussic acid scent.)

on 2/1/2014 8:39:00 PM

This is my favorite smell. BUT, I am very disappointed that the scent disappears almost immediately. I tried using the shower gel, the cream and then the perfume on top. Still, it did not last. This perfume has one of the most perfect scents and it's a shame that I don't want to buy it anymore because of its lasting power or lack thereof. I love fruity fragrances. I love vanilla. This perfume has both. It's just an uncomplicated, fresh and pleasant scent. It makes me sad that I have to do without this lovely fragrance because it's weak. I'm not forking out big money for something that I can't even smell an hour later. Truly a shame.

on 1/8/2014 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have repurchased this in the EDP 3 times now and also own 4 other Burberry scents. This one is my go-to however. It's a delightful, fresh and timeless scent IMHO, and can be worn for every-day or going out, whatever. I get asked what perfume I'm wearing often with this one, and I pretty much never get tired of it. I only change scents after I've worn this one steadily for awhile and can't smell it on myself anymore, but I LOVE coming back to it every time! I don't care for the EDT, don't find it anything special and it smells nothing like the EDP. Brit is a bit pricey, but worth it..

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Oh, how I regret buying this perfume. It's not a bad fragrance. It's probably a good fragrance. At least I must have thought so when I bought it in August. I thought it would be great for cooler weather. Well, I wore Brit one day last week when it was rather cool outside. It was so darn sweet on me, it was actually sickening. I tried to like it but couldn't stand it. I will give it maybe one more try. If I still can't tolerate the sweetness, I'm sure I can find some deserving person who would probably love it.

on 9/20/2007 11:19:00 AM

I would not waste my money on such a bland fragrance. I really can't detect anything until the dry down and then only a light cheap vanilla scent. I'm so glad I tested this fragrance and didn't purchase it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Really nice sugared almonds,pear,tonka bean,vanilla perfume...smells like sugared almonds,pear,vanilla sweet perfume...

on 6/10/2006 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was trying on perfumes when I overheard one of the counter ladies talking about Burberry Brit being sold out again. I had read the raves on several websites and the counter lady raved about it so I ordered a bottle of the edp unsniffed. That night I put on sexy lingerie, tousled my hair, spritzed Brit on my wrist and threw myself on the bed in a come-hither pose. My husband came in, sat on the bed to take his shoes off and and commented next time I should open the window when I spray a spider. Read smell faded quickly - lucky them. I'll stick with Coco Mlle, Valentino V, Samsara, Trouble, Bulgari, Indecence, Magnetism, Max Mara, Flowerbomb. EDIT: I've tried very hard to like Brit but all I get is an overpowering amber/smoky/wood smell-no vanilla, no almond, no sugar, nothing remotely sweet, fruity or floral. Changed soaps-that wasn't it. Just doesn't work for me.

Popular Fragrances