Burberry Brit

Burberry Brit

3.7

on 12/14/2016 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Drydown is wonderful – I tested this before I bought the EDP and when you first spray it smells like a man’s cologne. Initially you get a unisex blast of citrus and alcohol but after it settles this is amazing! Brit is one of those scents that completely changes from start to finish. I can’t stand the initial smell but within 30 minutes this becomes a powdery, soft, almond vanilla. It’s perfect for daytime and it lasts all day on me. I also have the knockoff version by InStyle Perfume and it smells just as good as the Burberry version.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love this!!

I had bought this a year or two ago and returned it----BUT--hold on..I recently re-purchased this!! Why, you may ask....?

Well initially when I ordered this, and received it in the mail, it smelled like a men's fragrance to me. Not even a man's fragrance, but more like a junior high-school boy scent. Just did not care for, and could not return it fast enough!! Perhaps I had gotten the wrong bottle..???? (And yes, I definitely made sure it was 'for her'..but I digress..)

Fast forward to now..Out of curiosity, I tried this again, and..SWOOONNN!! I see what people rave about with this!! soft, feminine, grown-up woman, not old lady, but not one of those fruity smells that are popping up everywhere..just makes you feel like a woman!!

I am bad with notes, my layman's terms say slight floral with a hint of fruit and vanilla. In looking at the notes on drugstore.com, I am not too far off: "A marvelous blend of almonds, limes and pears, with soft florals and vanilla"...so I would not have been far off!! ;-) It does say this is best for daytime, but I think this would be fine for the workplace, and yes for daytime, but I think this could also transition to nighttime if you needed/wanted. I think this is a great year-round scent, which is great imho. I know some say wear any scent you want any time of year, but I tend to be a stickler for "seasonal" scents. I love that this is a great year-round scent..

One final, possibly the most important note, is this lasts ALL DAY on me..Like, seriously, I even can take a shower and still faintly smell this on my skin, and that is not a heavy application, as I spray and 'walk' into the scent..And for being so long-lasting, it is not too over-powerful at all..The mark of a great fragrance/perfume, in my book!!!

on 11/23/2014 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I just didn't take to Brit, I am not fond of woodsy notes mixed with lemon..makes me think of a wood polish product the maid used in my parents ' house!! Not that it is awful, it has a Vanillic vibe that is warm, for me, it has a unisex edge, so not my taste...
It is hugely popular, probably because it has a distinctive smell, a bit like cream soda?. With an almondish twist
Nice, but not for me...

on 10/6/2014 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought Brit for use as a daytime/office fragrance in the cold weather months. I enjoy fragrances with vanilla and tonka, and I like that this one is balanced with the citrus and pear notes. With that said, it sometimes smells a tad sweet to me. But it lasts an entire day and is not overpowering. I'd buy it again.

on 9/30/2013 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Beautiful scent for fall / winter. This is for the woman who wants to feel sexy and be noticed. I have loved and worn this for years. Awesome staple scent.

on 1/20/2013 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Years ago I tried Brit and was put off so badly I never tired any other Burberry fragrance for years. It smelled just like Barbarsol Lime Shaving Cream. Ack! So after reading reviews here I thought I'd give it another try. To my surprise everything has changed. Maybe its my hormones. Who knows but I found the Burberry's very welcoming. I've decided hands down Burberry Sheer will be this years Spring/Summer fragrance. It reminds me of YSL Babydoll only minus one note that doesn't sit with me in the Babydoll fragrance. A lot of people have commented that Brit EDP and EDT smell so different. Not so much on me. The EDT smells just like the EDP only lighter and a little more transparent. I found I loved them both equally. So much so that I couldn't make up my mind which one to purchase. I left the store empty handed. Will have to marinade on this. Lol! So happy these fragrances now work with me! :) Warm, welcoming fragrance, staying power is there through the dry down. Very much like. Will purchase as soon as I make up my mind.

on 1/16/2013 7:22:00 PM

This fragrance is amazine. Light yet last and lasts, leaving you with a light vanilla sent. I can't stop smelling my wrists. Will definately repurchase.

on 10/8/2012 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My favorite fragrance that always gets compliments from both male and female. Lovely soft and romantic just what I need to pick me up on any given day. I am not sure what a signature fragrence is, but if it is the one you get most complimented on, I guess this one would be it for me. I do not know how many repurchases I have made. This is the EDP

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this! This is my all time favorite fragrance! There just is NOTHING that compares. Viva La Juicy tries but fails! I can't even begin to describe the notes, I'm no good at that. I've heard it's very vanilla but to my nose I don't even smell vanilla at all...just try it! I've heard it's too sweet, I've heard it's foody. NONE of that is how I would describe Brit at all, it is NOT SWEET, it smells NOTHING like any food I would eat. If anything, it's very spicy and actually could even be considered masculine somewhat. It's smells nothing like the plain Burberry scent which is very floral and girly.

It's great. The EDP is much better than the EDT.

on 11/10/2011 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've wanted this perfume for so long but held off buying it until I had finished up some of my other perfumes. I absolutely adore this perfume, I bought the EDP & it has great staying power. The scent lasted all night & I caught a faint whiff of it when I woke up! Don't understand the comments about it lasting only a few hours! Those reviews must be talking about the EDT! I find this scent very comforting & very classy,love the bottle too!

Popular Fragrances