Burberry Brit

Filtered by age: 36-43
Burberry Brit

3.8

on 10/3/2015 3:15:00 AM

For me, this is one of the most beautiful, recognizable fragrances ever! It reminds me of fall - coloured leaves, cozy moments, warm drinks....it has such a slightly spicy warmth to it, but is still not too heavy at all. Wonderful!

on 3/5/2015 9:17:00 PM

This is a very British scent. It's a classic scent, with strong tinges of nostalgia. The notes I smell most significantly are lime, pepper, vanilla, and some faint woods. The opening is mostly lime and pepper, but the vanilla is quickly apparent, and rounds out the scent. This is by no means a sharp lime. Given those notes, it's hard to really imagine the experience of the scent, and I've found that what it evokes is more important to me than the notes. This scent reminds me of an old manor house, classy and classic, but slightly down at its heels. It needs repairs, but it is still putting its best face forward. It brings to mind the old wood parlors, the sprawling grounds, and the titled family living inside. For an interpretation more in keeping with those of us living stateside, it brings to mind New England college campuses in the fall, not at the beginning of the semester, but around November, when the leaves are falling off the trees, and everything is dampened by a cold rain, and people seek shelter in a wood-paneled library.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Nice quality florals, but on my skin it turns into mens aftershave and is quite overpowering with musky amber. Touch was like that for me also. There is something in it that amplifies on my skin that obviously doesn't happen to other people. I prefer lighter florals of The Beat, which is discontinued but still selling online, I just picked up travel bottle.

on 12/11/2014 9:02:00 AM

Burberry Brit is absolutely my favorite fragrance. I wear it all the time, I get lots of compliments on this scent, and whenever it runs out I buy more. I switch back & forth between the EDT and EDP versions, they're both wonderful.

I would describe Brit as fresh and somewhat sporty, warm and vanilla-y, and also little bit powdery and sweet and citrus-y. Excellent staying power. Perfect as an everyday fragrance, this is HG status for me.

A little on the expensive side for a department store fragrance, especially since I always seem to be running out. Have repurchased many times and will continue to do so in the future.

on 3/1/2014 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Vanilla, peony, almonds, mahogany, and sugar are the notes that stand out to me in this. This is a very adult fragrance in my opinion. It's not too sweet or strong and doesn't fall flat or really smell like anything else I own.

It lasts for a good amount of time and I get many compliments from it. I would say this is better worn at night and in winter. It's very sexy and I love it :)

on 11/18/2013 2:19:00 AM

I have bought this time and time again. It is such an easy fragrance to wear. I feel put-together, awake, clean and happy when I put this on..it just works. It's fresh but still has some spice to it. It wears well and stays true all day, without being overpowering at all.

Sometimes I think I smell tobacco (not smoke or ashtrays..tobacco) and there's something which gives it that new leather smell at times too. It's listed as: Italian Lime, Icy Pear, Green Almond, White Peony, Sugared Almonds, Amber, Mahogany, Vanilla, Tonka Bean.

It is not really sweet, I don't wear sweet, yet I think it's the floral and sweet notes of peony, almond, vanilla that balance the lime and the pear citrusy notes that just ends up quite lovely.

Such a well balanced fragrance and one I'm sure I'll keep buying. I think for the price it's a good fragrance that lasts all day and does not wear flat. I wear it in winter and summer, though I think it's probably more summery than winter, it's spice and warmth is there but not dominant.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I think this is a lovely scent, and most seem to love it, but I found it way, way too sweet. If the sweetness were toned down a bit, I would really enjoy this fragrance.

on 1/24/2012 5:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Burberry Brit is what I've been looking for in a fragrance. I find it to have just the right amount of fresh, clean, citrus, sweet, powder, vanilla and amber. It lasts and lasts and I love the smell of it from the lime at the start to the vanilla/amber at the finish. It is the first time in many years that I have bought a second bottle of a perfume. I usually get bored very easily, but not with Brit. It's not overly girly or floral, nor is a scent that stands out in a crowd, but more like a sophisticated clean classy scent that I feel comfortable in on any occasion from being dressed up on a night out, a day at the office, being at home relaxing, to running errands around town. I love it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a great winter fragrance. To me it has an exotic/musky type of smell. I get tons of compliments from men when I wear this. I just think it's a very sexy perfume.

This review is for the EDP. I really like this fragrance! I usually go for heavy, dark and mysterious fragrances...well, this is not that, but...it just smells so darn good! On first whiff, I get key lime pie!! The first lime fragrance that I can tolerate - I think the vanilla warms the lime up just enough to make it delish smelling rather than barber shop lime smelling. A little later, I get fresh floral but now that's tempered with almond so again, not a boring floral but well rounded with an opposite smell emerging simulataneously. I really like the complexities, however from afar this doesn't smell complex - it just smells good. I've already received loads of compliments (and my other heavy hitters rarely receive a mention).

Popular Fragrances