Burberry Brit

Burberry Brit

3.7

on 10/16/2018 1:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Burberry Brit EDP was the first perfume I ever fell in love with. When it came out in 2003 I could never find the money for a bottle. In hindsight I wish I had found the money because it probably would have been my signature scent all these years. I finally purchased a 3.3oz in 2015 before they changed the design on the bottle. I’m so happy to have it in my collection, for both scent and nostalgia purposes. Brit EDP has such a pleasant scent. I’ve always described it easily as Italian almond biscotti cookies drizzled with fresh lime juice. It’s sweet but balanced with the tart freshness of the lime. It’s not too sweet, not too foody, not too tart, not too citrusy. Also, Brit EDP works year around. Most people think it’s best for Autumn, but I think the freshness also makes it fitting for spring and summer while the gourmand aspect makes it great also for winter. You could wear Burberry Brit to work or school during the day and also to parties and dates in the evening. It’s youthful but not immature. Burberry Brit really has no age and it also doesn’t seem dated to a specific period of time.

Sillage and longevity are moderate. Burberry Brit EDP isn’t too strong and shouldn’t offend anyone. I can faintly smell it on clothes in the hamper, so it does have lasting power on fabrics. I’ve noticed that Nordstrom no longer carries Brit online and that Sephora is cutting back bottle size offerings. Ulta and Macys still carry all the Burberry fragrance offerings including Brit, so that’s nice to know. I hope Burberry isn’t planning on discontinuing Brit or any of their other perfumes. IMO Burberry makes pretty good fragrances.

Burberry Brit EDP is a great fragrance and will always be close to my heart. I think it’s a safe blind purchase for yourself or as a gift.

on 11/22/2014 12:42:00 PM

Why does this smell like a faux-trendy guy's perfume..? You know the type of perfume- they all have something in common which they share with Brit, an artificial twist that's generally perceived as being "attractive".

I love all Burberry scents. Brit is the calmer, softer and creamier version of London, yet it still has just as much staying power. Where London is demanding, loud and in-charge, Brit is fun and uplifting with vanilla, amber and mahogany. Because of this, it can be worn during any season for any occasion. The description says it has a sweet/fruity scent, which I don't get, but regardless, I really enjoy it. I think it's great for spring/summer.

I absolutely love this fragrance. When I was about 12 I had eau de toilette of this perfume and I really liked the smell, but back then I didn't really pay attention to brand names so when I ran out of it, I didn't go looking for it. Couple years back I was looking for a new scent since I'd run out of my Coco mademoiselle ( another amazing perfume) and I came across Burberry stand, I recognized the bottle and tried it (sprayed it on my coat sleeve), but since it was eau de perfume, the scent at fist was very strong and I didn't quite like it right away, so I didn't end up buying it. When I woke up next morning, there was amazing smell in my closet and it was coming from my coat sleeve :D So I pretty much ran to the store and got the biggest bottle.
I think it's the best perfumes ever made. It IS a bit strong when you first put it on, but as it sets and fades a little, it's just too good for words. I personally don't like to wear to much perfume, but I do like when I walk and leave pleasant smell. I've definitely gotten a lot of compliments. It's especially great to use at winter time, when wearing scarves or sweaters, because it leaves very subtle but absolutely gorgeous scent on them!
It's definitely one of my favorite perfumes, especially for fall/winter season.

on 8/17/2012 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I didn't love this the first time I smelled it, but now I love it!

Burberry Brit is a gentle scent. It's not a pow, in your face scent and it hugs gently to your skin and doesn't fill the whole room, so it's perfect for wearing during the day or in the office. It's also not an offending scent by any means so I find it to be the perfect scent to wear to work if you're in an office setting and don't want to offend anyone.

As for fragrance, to me it smells mostly like clean soap, almonds, lime, and maybe a little bit of vanilla. It's a warm smell, but not overly sweet. It also doesn't smell strongly of alcohol, which some perfumes do. I'm in my mid twenties and I don't find this too mature a scent or too young of a scent. I imagine a classy lady in her twenties/thirties wearing this.

Give it a try. It's really a pleasing fragrance and you can't really go wrong with it!

on 1/28/2012 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought this on sale for $30 at the drug store! It is the EDT. I agree with other reviewers that it has a very strong lime scent when first sprayed, but then it settles into a lovely vanilla. I lucked out with this one!

on 9/13/2010 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a basic vanilla fragrance. It's nice, but not worth the price. You can find nicer vanillas for a better price. Plus, the initial blast is very chemically and gives me a headache. I was expecting more from this.

on 8/13/2010 12:35:00 AM

If I could be a perfume, I'd be Burberry brit!!!
Thats all I have to say, It's perfect, I LOVE IT!

on 1/4/2010 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I' m all about sweet fragrances; not necessarily pure candy/burnt sugar sweet, I just want my fragrance to have very prominent sweet notes. This one suits my taste quite nicely. While it's not sugary sweet like some of my favs, it's very well balanced: it combines fruit, flowers and a warm,sexy vanilla note very nicely. The result is feminine yet ethereal.
Now when I initially spray this, the fresh lime note is very prominent, but it goes away almost instantly and the vanilla and pear notes start unveiling. The drydown is very soft, warm and sweet. I generally don't think this fragrance would easily offend anyone around you or cause headaches; that doesn't mean it lacks character though. It's just very well blended; no sharp edges, but still a very beautiful and rather unique creation, in the sense that I don't get the olfactory deja vu feeling a lot of other stuff gives me - in other words it doesn't remind me of anything and I can't think of anything to compare it to.
This is suitable for any time of the day and the year I think, as it combines warmness (the vanilla heart) with light fruitiness (the pear and opening lime). Personally I'd prefer to use it in Spring or Fall, because in the Winter cold I prefer something more cuddly and, if possible,a pure gourmand, while Summer where I live is so brutally hot I'd rather not go for vanilla based scents.
Anyway to sum things up this may be lighter and less sweet than my HGs, however it suits my taste nicely. I plan to purchase it later this year, when Spring kicks in.

on 11/22/2008 10:41:00 AM

This scent is very much a fall and winter scent. It's very heavy smelling, and not something I would particularly wear in the summer. That being said, I absolutely love the scent. It's a very spicy, almost woody smell. As other reviewers have said, it does have a more masculine smell than your typical female perfume. I love the packaging. It's a plain clear glass square bottle covered in the Burberry pattern. Fantastic.