Burberry Brit

Burberry Brit

on 10/16/2018 1:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Burberry Brit EDP was the first perfume I ever fell in love with. When it came out in 2003 I could never find the money for a bottle. In hindsight I wish I had found the money because it probably would have been my signature scent all these years. I finally purchased a 3.3oz in 2015 before they changed the design on the bottle. I’m so happy to have it in my collection, for both scent and nostalgia purposes. Brit EDP has such a pleasant scent. I’ve always described it easily as Italian almond biscotti cookies drizzled with fresh lime juice. It’s sweet but balanced with the tart freshness of the lime. It’s not too sweet, not too foody, not too tart, not too citrusy. Also, Brit EDP works year around. Most people think it’s best for Autumn, but I think the freshness also makes it fitting for spring and summer while the gourmand aspect makes it great also for winter. You could wear Burberry Brit to work or school during the day and also to parties and dates in the evening. It’s youthful but not immature. Burberry Brit really has no age and it also doesn’t seem dated to a specific period of time.

Sillage and longevity are moderate. Burberry Brit EDP isn’t too strong and shouldn’t offend anyone. I can faintly smell it on clothes in the hamper, so it does have lasting power on fabrics. I’ve noticed that Nordstrom no longer carries Brit online and that Sephora is cutting back bottle size offerings. Ulta and Macys still carry all the Burberry fragrance offerings including Brit, so that’s nice to know. I hope Burberry isn’t planning on discontinuing Brit or any of their other perfumes. IMO Burberry makes pretty good fragrances.

Burberry Brit EDP is a great fragrance and will always be close to my heart. I think it’s a safe blind purchase for yourself or as a gift.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

As a previous reviewer, I also got a sample of this.
Initially, it smells like a men's cologne from 90's, I can smell different perfume notes for a minute or so, but in a minute it transforms into one note sweet overpowering smell.
I rarely like sweet fragrances, they often give me a headache and this one isn't an exception.
One time wear was enough for me, there is no chance I will ever use it again.

on 3/20/2018 9:25:00 AM

I got a sample of this EDP and tried it for a party I went that day.
It smells just like anise, which I find too strong and overpowering. Just a dab of it on my wrists was enough to give me a terrible headache. Nevertheless I got many compliments on it. Go figure.
Wouldn´t buy or use it ever again.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This review is for the EDP. This is actually a pretty unusual fragrance for me as gourmands are not typically my favorite. I recently tried another perfume that had almond in it, and while I did not like that particular blend, it made me crave something with a similar almond note. As other reviewers have pointed out, Brit starts out a little sharp and citrusy, but the lime settles down pretty quickly on me and I get a nice almond-vanilla-amber drydown with maybe just a touch of wood. As I said, many gourmands, especially the warmer ones, tend to be too spicy for me, but there's no spice in Brit on my skin. It is warm, inviting, and very comforting without having any kind of spicy kick to it. While I didn't really think that this would be a fragrance that I'd love, I actually do really love it and I think I will be reaching for it a lot during the fall and winter. It is a nice change of pace from the florals, aquatics, green etc scents that I tend to use on a frequent basis and I can definitely see this having a prominent position in my fragrance rotation.

on 2/24/2017 3:36:00 PM

For some reason I get pencil shavings with lemon in the opening. I got a good deal on this and like the drydown. It is a sweet vanilla drydown without giving a headache. It is a really inoffensive fragrance but won't make a bold statement, so great for at work. It doesn't have great lasting power though.

on 12/14/2016 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Drydown is wonderful – I tested this before I bought the EDP and when you first spray it smells like a man’s cologne. Initially you get a unisex blast of citrus and alcohol but after it settles this is amazing! Brit is one of those scents that completely changes from start to finish. I can’t stand the initial smell but within 30 minutes this becomes a powdery, soft, almond vanilla. It’s perfect for daytime and it lasts all day on me. I also have the knockoff version by InStyle Perfume and it smells just as good as the Burberry version.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was supposed to receive (as a reviewer) the EDP but got the EDT instead. The bottle has the signature horse blanket plaid--but the EDT bottle is monochrome (think the EDP bottle is the plaid colors.) Pictured here? The EDT. In any case, it was lucky--because as an EDT it is one of those, you need to smell good but you don't want to overpower the room scents. You can spray it up, down and you won't make someone ill. I'm actually sensitive to many perfumes (itch, burn, asthma) and my test is if I can wear it. Then it's made of quality ingredients and the newer perfume additives that were invented to improve throw at the expense of good, natural essential oils aren't here to bother me.

Who wrote here, that the EDT is for summer and quite different than the EDP, which is richer? Quite right--I haven't smelled the EDP yet, but the EDT is definitely VERY suitable for summer and it's my go-to summer fragrance. Here is a case where the EDT may be a great choice for a citrusy, floral, light "cologne" that won't get obnoxious.

Supposedly, this is to open with green lemon, frosted pear and white almond. Mid notes white peony. The drydown is vanilla, amber, mahogany and Tonka bean (more vanillic.) I like woody vanilla and anyway, try to avoid it these days? Almost impossible. I love amber as well. So the base notes are among my faves. The lemon vanishes pretty quickly but the peony comes through. Peony is a soft, peppery fresh rose-ish scent (maybe a greener rose is a way to describe it.) So this scent is green, fresh, slightly fruity (pear and lemon) and green-floral. The dry down is muted; not heavy as an oriental but enough there to fix it. I haven't tried the EDP but I imagine the dry down and peony are more pronounced.

(I think the white almond is the almond BLOSSOM, not the almond prussic acid scent.)

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I honestly don't know what to think of this fragrance. On me, you can definitely pick out the vanilla and maybe tonka bean. The reason for this indifference is because of the vanilla note. I am beginning to suspect that vanilla fragrances do not work for my body odor. It smells primal or to be honest, it smells like post coitus on me. Maybe it is because vanilla does not do well on me when it is warm outside. I might try this fragrance again when the weather is cooler.

on 5/1/2016 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love burberry brit I tried both eu the toilet and eu the parfum. this is my signature scent. I do try other perfume but I seem to long and go back to this after trying other perfumes. This is a very warm sensual scent not overpowering and doesn't give me a headache I like perfumes That are ambery,musky,powdery this combines them all without being too strong it just mellows right into my skin and leave such a nice scent. This smells really cozy to me and always reminds me of the good positive experiences I've had. I love this perfume. It would really suit to fall to winter season but I wear this anytime I feel like wearing it and day or night it's totally fine. The price is also a plus and so is the packaging. I would definitely repurchase this perfume over and over it'll be forever part of me.

I have the EDP. The best thing about this perfume is the vanilla dry down. I don't really care for the top and middle notes of this perfume.

The packaging doesn't look very nice

Popular Fragrances