Merle Norman Luxiva Lasting Cheekcolor - Real Rose

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

It's such a pretty color! I am pretty pale and this color gives me the perfect amount of color to my face. I don't think I would buy this if it was with my own money, (my mom is obsessed with it and buys it, so she lets me use it) it is a little pricey, but it's still a nice product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this blush! It is a beautiful rosey pink color with just the right amount of mauve. Normally, I use this as part of my highlighting and contouring step. It goes on the lower portion of the apple of my cheek, while I put a more shimmery blush on the upper portion of the apple. I like the way it looks and the color it gives. I know that for me, a little bit goes a long way. I have seen people that say it isn't pigmented enough for them or that they have a problem with streaking. I had that problem in the beginning, but I started using a bigger brush and dabbing the color on my cheeks, then blending out. I don't know if that will help, but I found that works for me.

I got this as part of my "bridal makeover" at a Merle Norman store in October. I've been using it for a few months and I like it, but I don't love it. Easy to apply, very pretty on my fair, cool skin, but doesn't stick around. To be fair, I've never had a blush last all day, so that might be partly why it seems to disappear on me. The color doesn't seem that special, just a nice, matte, pinky-rose color that many lines seem to have. I'm not into spending a huge amount of money on cosmetics, so for the price, I'll probably keep looking for my HG blush.

Very nice blush. Great compact w/mirror. Long lasting and nice color.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

*** EEK! This review is for Dusty Rose... realized I wrote it in the wrong place after 4 years... my apologies! ***This is my absolute favorite blush of all time. I wore this on my wedding day! As a former MN beauty advisor, and a beauty junkie altogether, I have tried many blushes. Real Rose is the perfect dusty, matte pink for my NW15 skin. It wears beautifully all day. My only complaint is the packaging, since I prefer pots to compacts, but I will absolutely repurchase this. I am on my third one now!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This blush just didn't work out very well for me. It wasn't very pigmented, and it was very powdery and cakey. I can't recommend this blush :(

What a great blush. It reminds me a lot from Clarins one in texture. The real rose suits well to my cool PPP skin and it lasted all day!

I received this as a GWP. It lasts forever & is a very pretty, natural color. Would recommend!

I have normal/oily skin and this blush did not go on smoothly and had the tendency to streak. Leaves a very unflattering effect on face. It may work for someone with dry skin though.