Carolina Herrera 212

Carolina Herrera 212

3.8

on 11/4/2018 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I hate the packaging! I love the fragrance. My mum bought me this for my wedding day because I couldn’t find anything that would last and smell fresh and clean but feminine. I receive compliments everyday and this is the only perfume I’ve worn were men stop and ask me what it is. One of my bosses even bought it for his wife he liked it so much :0)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I won this at a raffle and I have to say it is not a perfume I would have picked for myself by any means. It doesn't smell vintage or modern, it is kind of like right in the middle. The smell is VERY strong at first but it then settles down to a more discreet fragrance. It is not something I would have bought for myself on a normal basis because it is really an acquired taste of perfume: Lots of pheromones and flowery musk. Not my cup of tea but I got it for free so hey, I like it.

on 1/7/2015 9:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I've been wearing 212 for over five years, and it's been my everyday scent since the first day I purchased it. That says a lot on it's own, as I am incredibly fussy (as we all should be) when it comes to fragrances. This has a very "sharp" opening, but settles down quickly to a soft and clean musky floral. I use the word floral very reluctantly as this is not an in your face floral. It is just a really pleasant scent which smells neither vintage nor modern. I've received numerous compliments over the years, but surprisingly mostly from women. One of my ex-boyfriends was obsessed with this scent and loved the way it lingered on clothing, etc. and it does, but not in a cloying way. This is not overly floral, gourmand, oriental, etc. I think it smells very sophisticated in an understated way if that makes sense.

ran out of this 2 years ago, but recently was given some for my birthday.I ADORE it! people always say "you smell nice" when I wear it. Not cheap, but excellent quality and 2 squirts lasts hours. highly recommend

on 8/10/2013 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this perfume really cheaply because the Co-op were closing down and practically giving away their perfume stock! It was just a quick impulse buy and I thought if I wasn't keen, I could always give it as a gift.

But, I love it! The smell is quite floral and musky and I wasn't sure whether I liked it or not at first; but it definitely grew on me and I liked the unique-ness of the smell. I'm only 20 and was a little concerned that the scent may be a little mature, but having worn it for a few weeks now, I've decided it can suit anyone.

The bottle is really nice with a simple design and it looks quite classy on the shelf :)

212 Men

My divine flight of fragrances began with the insouciant acquisition of 212 men by Carolina Herrera, so with no doubt this fragrance holds a very special place in my heart. I remember very profoundly my first reaction after sniffing this juice was, just like any other individual out there = hmm yea, I got hit by something very fresh, clean and soapy but somehow it is very unique.

Well this uniqueness in the blend is certainly distinctive enough to mystify any untrained nose. Hence, could very well be the reason of this cologne being widely appreciated, especially in Tropical countries.

Presentation= I thought being a designer house; Carolina Herrera did a reasonable job with the presentation of the bottle. Its a cylindrical shaped Bottle layered in metallic grey color, which is supported by a magnetic cap. Nice concept but it is hard to relate this bottle with the juice inside, both are poles apart. The sprayer has a wide reach and it works pretty decent. Now this fragrance performs best when you spray more and with a good atomizer, I think it is a safe recipe to ensure that people repurchase this bad boy in quick succession.

Scent= For all the enthusiasts of green smells, this fragrance should certainly be sitting at the top of their list. This fragrance opens up with a flash of moist and fresh cut-green grass note, which is very well supported by a crispy ginger smell and allusion of lavender. The fluent partnership of these notes lasts for at least one hour, ensuring the opening of the smell to be pleasantly unusual. After an hour or so, ginger note starts losing its influence on the fragrance and tames down enough to bring forth the sweet creaminess of the florals. The sweetness is not overwhelming, it is very tender and for some reason the projection of the scent remains potent throughout this phase. The makers made sure that the sweet and gentle florals notes didnt affect the projection of the scent. Eventually musk emerges in the last segment of the dry down and fosters the scent till it fades away completely. The life of the fragrance is at least 8-10 hours on any given day, which is an ace for a spring/summer fragrance. There are good numbers of ingredients employed for this juice, but that doesnt make it a complicated scent. The fragrance can be easily used for multiple intentions, hence amplifies the versatility factor to a great extent. So anyone who wants to smell good should reach out for this offering from Carolina Herrera.

Analogy= This fragrance celebrates its 13th birthday this year, but it still smells very much modern. I imagine a contemporary green house garden in the middle of a city on a nice summer morning. This garden is enclosed by the glass walls, so the smell of the fresh grass and flowers doesnt escape and easily mingles up into a sensuous scent cloud. A man who just took a shower with a ginger shower gel enters the garden in a white T- shirt and Blue jeans, lies down on the grass bed and waits to feel, the first warming rays of the sun to kiss his face.

on 5/11/2012 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I just received Carolina Herrera 212 perfume today. I only bought the tiny one, and I'm glad I did. It is so strong! Someone else said "it enters a room before you do, and stays after you leave". How true! It smells just like another perfume, but I can't put my finger on it. I wanted to like this, but I just don't. It does soften a little after an hour. Mine is the EDT. Maybe the EDP smells better, but not this version. I like a perfume to be fresh and a little powdery and soft. This is like a barrage of alcohol and flowers. Will not repurchase.

on 1/15/2012 11:02:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I've been wearing Samsara by Guerlain for 20 years, and decided that it was finally time to update. And yet I love the notes of Samsara... Somehow 212 seems similar enough but more modern. Love 212 even more than Samsara, and I plan to repurchase! FWIW, I tried Narciso Rodriguez, Mark Jacobs signature, and a bunch of Tom Ford musky fragrances to see if I would like something else. 212 is hands down the one I reach for now, even better than my old standby!

on 7/3/2011 12:21:00 AM

This is such a nice perfume, its odor is just beatiful!
I really like it, one of my favorites, but yet there is something about the scent that i don't like. But whatever, it's great!

on 4/6/2011 6:01:00 PM

Carolina Herrera 212 has been a staple in my collection for a long time - maybe since 2000. Like other reviewers have said I have strong memories associated with this scent, and good ones at that! :) Its a very feminine, classy scent, and its strong yet not too strong - nice lasting power. This is also a very age versatile scent - I was wearing it a lot in my early 20's and its still feels fine to wear it now. Now I have the roller ball version of this from sephora and I am happy with it!