INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat

Filtered by hair type : Curly
 INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat
INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top CoatINM Out the Door Top CoatINM out the door

4.1

Ehtyl Acetate, SD Alcohol 40B (Alcohol Denat.), Butyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Acrylates Cocpolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Disobutyrate, Sucrose Benzoate, Tripenyl Phosphate, Nitrocellulose, Isopropyl Alcohol, Benzophenone 1, Dimethyl Polysiloxane, Violet 2 (CI 60725), Blue 1 (CI 42090).

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

My holy grail top coat. Prior to using this top coat I used seche vite, which I liked because it was fast drying, but hated because it was goopy and I always had to thin it out when I got a new bottle. I found a huge 2.5 ounce of this at Sally's for about $11 and never looked back! This formula is thinner than the seche and easier easier to work with and it does dry fast. I totally recommend!

on 4/7/2016 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I was frustrated with my usual top coat (Sally Hansen InstaDri in the red bottle) getting gloopy when the bottle was half full, so I decided to try Out the Door.
Thirty minutes after painting my nails and doing nothing but browse online, I put on my jacket and grabbed my keys to go out. These simple actions caused my polish to smear so badly that I took off all the polish and repainted four nails.
This is the second time this has happened. The first time I was wearing three coats of Essie Tuck it in My Tux, an off white crelly with a crappy formula. I blamed the polish for the smears but it happened again (same kind of folds and deep nicks) when I was wearing OPI Do You Have This Color in Stockholm?, a vivid indigo creme polish and not a problem child formula-wise.

"How long should I wait to do things?" is not a question I should have to ask myself when wearing a quick dry polish.

On the plus side, Out the Door is very shiny and makes a carefully dried manicure last three days, which is as long as I wear any polish on my fingertips. I will finish the bottle, but I will schedule extra drying time so I can make sure this doesn't get all bunched up and ugly-looking again.
I'll go back to Sally in the red bottle when I'm finished with my bottle of Out the Door but I'm still looking for my HG top coat.

on 1/30/2014 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I really like this topcoat. It dries fairly quickly: if I do my nails halfanhour before I go to bed - no sheetmarks in the morning! Which is quite a miracle for me. I'm not sure if it really makes my nailpolish last longer compared to other topcoats, but it's definitly better than without any. Some may say that it not really gives a highgloss finish, on which I can agree to some level. But I found that if you apply 2 coats instead of 1 it becomes way more glossier and less streaky, which some remarked on it as well. Overall, really happy with this product, not friggin mindblowing omg-dude-wow (not sure if I will ever have that experience with any topcoat though), but it's my fave for now, it really does the job well and it's definitley worth a try!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Not super fast drying, not a high shine TC, and polish is chipped within the day. Not impressed, would not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

It makes my manicure last for AT LEAST a week. This is my favorite top coat!

on 6/28/2012 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

found this at the local drug store while searching for sally hansen's insta-dri no-chip top coat.
wow! dries fast with an incredible glass-like shine. easy to use. not too thick, not too thin.
i am sure it will get thicker (as they all do) with a frequent use.
too early to tell, but it might replace my favorite poche.
i tried it on opi polishes and the shine is superior to poche and its not as gloopy. a possible winner :)
btw, insta-dry is awful. but thats another review :):)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have both Out the Door & Northern Lights (OtD + holo glitter!) and I am sad to say, it just doesn't work for me!

One of my good friends is a Nail Tech and whenever she would do my nails, she would use this on me, and she never understood how it was that after I would leave her house I would get dings/dents in my nails because she always had success with this drying in minutes. She gave me my own bottle for home, and it seemed that every time I used it. I have used it both on natural nails and acrylic nails and several different brands/shades with the same result. It would feel hard on the surface, but then as I did things, even if I was careful, I would still get wrinkles/dings/dents etc. I tried it again the other day, and I waited 20 minutes knowing it doesn't dry in seconds for me.... and I got dings! So I did them again, using a different brand of NP thinking it was the color I choose... I did it right before med, and woke up with the dreaded sheet marks.

! oh, why oh why doesn't this work for me!

I love how glossy it is, but it is NOT a quick dry top coat for me by any means, and when used on natural nails, it doesn't seem to prolong chipping either, making it rather useless to me. Poshe and SV are two quick dry top coats that actually do work for so I will stick with them.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've been using this top coat for as long as i can remember. It's affordable (much cheaper than SV) and it does a great job protecting a manicure. I do find there is some shrinkage, especially if I'm sloppy and get some of it on my cuticles. But that has never bothered me. It does dry fast, but it won't dry the wet polish underneath. I give myself an hour after painting my nails to let everything dry really well. And THEN I apply OTD top coat. I also try to let my np dry in between coats. This helps everything dry faster in the end, IME. I would recommend this to anyone for a nice fast drying topcoat that keeps a mani looking nice.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

AMAZING! I love this more than my OPI topcoat! Dries ridiculously fast and has a super glossy finish! I apply about every other night and get a fresh looking manicure for days! Plus, at only $4, I can afford to repurchase again and again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

If it weren't for this stuff, I wouldn't be able to do my nails at all. I'm a busy mom of 3 small boys and I don't have time to breathe usually let alone wait for nail polish to dry. Thanks to this stuff, I can get up in the morning and give myself a quick mani before the kids wake up. Dries my polish to the touch in a few minutes and I can actually use my hands not long after that. I also love the formula. It's thin so it applies smoothly and easily over the nail--no dragging or mucking up the polish underneath. Plus I love that it comes in different sizes. I get the big round bottle because of how frequently I use it (I do both fingers and toes once every 2-3 days) and because I like the length of the brush in the bigger size.