INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
 INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat
INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top CoatINM Out the Door Top CoatINM out the door

Ehtyl Acetate, SD Alcohol 40B (Alcohol Denat.), Butyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Acrylates Cocpolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Disobutyrate, Sucrose Benzoate, Tripenyl Phosphate, Nitrocellulose, Isopropyl Alcohol, Benzophenone 1, Dimethyl Polysiloxane, Violet 2 (CI 60725), Blue 1 (CI 42090).

Way better than Seche Vite, only a tick less glossy but still wicked shiny. Thin, easy to apply, not stringy, dries fast, lasts 4+ days with minimal tip wear and without chips, AND doesn't get gloopy halfway down the bottle like SV or Essie Gel Setter. No thinner needed ever!

I love the shine but this can get gloomy and thick quick.

on 2/25/2016 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I didn't find this to dry paritucularly fast like the previous reviewer. I have nails with a definite curve or "u" shape--told I get it from my dad's side. They take extra tension from typing with my nails (I love the tapping fast sound & the striking of the tip truly does make them grow a bit faster, which has to do with injury/wound healing body mechanisms, same as callouses on feet...anyway...). I also use them as a tool box and since I have to look them all day (vs my own face), I've become a durability connoisseur with strong (never sheer) colors & virtually having them painted every day this long (so 20-somethings, take note of advice here!).

This doesn't prevent a chip with less than delicate nail daily use. I maybe get 3-4 days. For regular top coats, I prefer either CND or OPI. Fast drying formulas aren't as long lasting due to the formula difference, so don't skimp on base (I'm partial to NailTek WITH formaldehyde & all--screw the chemical free topcoats. If these ingredients were actually that bad, there would be research & reports of numerous adverse fingertip effects of it in medical/science journals by now). or top coat if you can help it.

The most invincible top coat (i.e. up to 5-10 days with no/few chips or minimal, reparable chips), invest in a cheap UV machine (or LED--read a lot of reviews first) and use just the gel top coat. This technology has been around decades but I could only find it at Sally's, and I bought my first UV light 20 years ago--it's the same type they use to fix windshield cracks). The easiest-on-your-nails method is just to use the top or top & base coat, because then you can remove polish the usual way versus gel nails, although it still takes a bit longer. You have less time with remover soaking into your fingers/cuticles & no need to horribly weaken your nails with filing & thinning them or scraping them. You keep using your favorite colors too!

on 1/31/2016 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG top coat. I picked this up randomly in CVS and have bought 3 bottles since! This is gorgeously shiny, dries SO quickly, and doesn't have the TERRIBLE shrinkage on me like Seche Vite. I find that it can smear nail art if you don't just plop it on and go. Too often I find myself playing too much with trying to thin/smooth it out and I take way too much time and it smears, but honestly that's more user error than anything! This is a great topcoat, my favorite, and it's very affordable! I think this can be a little hard to find, not sure, I always just buy it at CVS. Recommended, I will continue to buy!

on 1/15/2016 10:13:00 PM

I am a huge fan of Seche Vite. But I got this because everyone says Seche Viche causes the nail polish to shrink. I can definitely see what they mean, so I've been trying other top coats. This doesn't seem to have that same shrink wrap effect, but it doesn't dry nearly as quickly, and the finish isn't very shiny/glossy. However, literally a couple of seconds after I used this, I accidentally touched one of my nails and nothing happened! So I'm impressed and will repurchase it.

on 12/30/2014 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This product does dry nails faster, but I have found that it also causes nail polish to chip off as well. I am not using expensive nail polish for color, usually just Sally Hansen Xtreme wear, but using this top coat makes my nail polish chip off even faster than when I go without all together.

The only reason I am giving a 2/5 instead of 1/5 is because it is great at drying quickly. So if your priorities are for drying quickly and you do not care if this nail polish wears off in a couple days, this is for you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've only used this topcoat for 2 manicures so far, but I'm not new to polishing my nails, so I feel I can give this a fair review. Prior to this, I use Seche Vite and Poshe. I loved Seche Vite but the smell! Oh man, it stinks to high heaven, not to mention I usually ended up tossing because the last 1/3 or so of the bottle became unusable even with thinner. I really liked Poshe! All the benefits of Seche Vite, though not quite as shiny, and I was able to use the whole bottle. I actually went to Sally's to repurchase my Poshe topcoat when I saw this INM Out the Door topcoat. I was skeptical because I didn't know anything about it, but the price intrigued me ($5 without a Sally's card? Yes please!). I've been using it for two weeks now, on two separate manicures, and I am blown away! It is just as good as my Poshe, for a few dollars less. Dries quickly, pretty shiny, and after a full week, I have minimal chips and tip wear. I use Orly Bonder as my base coat, two coats of polish (typically Essie, Orly, or OPI), and then one coat of Out the Door. I'm so glad I took a chance on this!

on 9/15/2014 2:42:00 PM

I have purchased 3 bottles of this so far, using practically every drop of them and will pick up a new one at Sally's in the next few days! the reason this only gets a four is because I work in a place that I wash my hands often, I start to get chipping after about five days but that doesn't bother me at all, I like to change colors often. this stuff is wonderful!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my favorite top coat it dries fast and nails don't chip for over 7 days.. I use this on my natural nails Orly Bonder 2 coats polish and out the door top coat. I can get at least 10 days out of my polish. :))

on 9/22/2013 10:00:00 PM

While I haven't had too much experience with top coats, I will say this is my favorite. I do nail art. Using a top coat that doesn't make my polish peel off in 3 days is quite important! Seche Vite is a definite culprit of that >:( Anywho, I have semi-natural nails, meaning that I put an acrylic overlay over my real nails to keep them from bending. They still have quite a bit of bend to them, however. I used this top coat before a 3-day music festival. So through packing, setting up my tent, and getting real crazy, my manicure lasted ALL weekend. And then, my tie-dye nails lasted well into the work week AND even into the next weekend! I did my nails on a Thursday night and it is now Sunday of the next weekend and they still only have minimal chipping at the bottom. Only one nail got bad at the tip. To my dismay, the rest of the design still didn't peel off that nail. Wild. Also, I wear gloves at work and am constantly washing my hands. I am flabbergasted at the longevity this has given my nail art. Will give 5 lippies upon using this for a longer amount of time.