INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat

Filtered by hair type : Straight
 INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat
INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top CoatINM Out the Door Top CoatINM out the door

3.9

Ehtyl Acetate, SD Alcohol 40B (Alcohol Denat.), Butyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Acrylates Cocpolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Disobutyrate, Sucrose Benzoate, Tripenyl Phosphate, Nitrocellulose, Isopropyl Alcohol, Benzophenone 1, Dimethyl Polysiloxane, Violet 2 (CI 60725), Blue 1 (CI 42090).

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The great reviews for this top coat really confuses me. I tried so hard to like it but I can't! It dries quickly but it bubbles. Does anyone look at their nails closely? Because I do and what I see are a bunch of little bubbles after using this top coat. I'll be sticking to Essie's good to go. Super smooth and fast drying.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is the best of the best! My nails chip and peel and no polish ever lasts more than maybe 3 days on me, even with a top coat. However, with this top coat I can easily go a week with no chips! Plus it dries sooooo fast!! Which is super awesome since I can't sit still and always mess up my freshly done nails. I'll never buy any other top coat again! Love it!

I started using this as an alternative to Seche Vite. I was looking for something that still had a nice glossy finish and dried quickly but had more lasting power. This hits all those criteria for me. While it takes a little longer than Seche Vite to dry and isn't as shiny, it has the staying power that Seche Vite just doesn't have for me. I can get up to a full week with this top coat with only some minor wear on the tips and maaayyybe a small chip on a finger or two (my polish almost always cracks eventually no matter what top coat I use). The shine is very good and will start to dull within a few days so touch ups might be in order if you keep your polish on long enough. The only reason I took a lippie off was because of two things: 1) I really hate the brush. This is a rather thick top coat so I feel like a really thin brush makes it more difficult to apply since I either have to dip the brush back in the bottle to get more or get wayyyy too much on the brush at once. 2) About two-thirds of the way through the bottle it gets really thick and gloopy. I can actually see it stringing up when I pull the brush out of the bottle and it's a little difficult to apply. When this starts to happen I just load up the brush with way more than I need and it spreads more easily. I don't mind it getting goopy though since I only pay about $5 for it at Target. I will keep using this as my go to unless something better comes along.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HG topcoat right here ladies! The price is great. It's available at Sally Beauty Supply but I found mine at Target. This stuff dries quickly and is quite shiny. The application was a breeze and FIVE whole days later no chips! Im fickle with my nail polish and change it often, but with this stuff I have to see how long it can last before it chips. Will update!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This stuff is the bomb! I always have a problem doing color tips, two toned nails, nail art, etc because they never dry fast enough, end up bleeding with the other color, and I'm impatient too. This made the polish dry super fast, and I was able to do a nice color tip manicure for once in my life. The cashier at my convenience store actually grabbed my hand and complimented me on my nails. I couldn't believe she was impressed. I was like, hold up, don't look too close, but hey this stuff is great! I will re-buy for sure.

Unless I try the Seche stuff recommended here, gosh, I bet if it's better than this, I wouldn't know how to handle myself. I'm so NOT nail polish savvy , but I've been watching nail tutorials and I'm getting a bit better..yay

on 2/18/2015 5:33:00 PM

I have tried several brands of top coats - brand name and drug store varieties. I purchased this on a whim at Sally's and have been impressed with its staying power after three manicures. Quick drying, good shine, and 5 days of no chipping. Will definitely recommend to friends and repurchase.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

In my country, it's pretty difficult to come across Out the Door so I was really excited to find it. I originally had high hopes for it but after using it a few times, I'm left craving for more. I've used it about six times so far and while this top coat dries very quickly and without the typical problems (shrinking, bubbling, cracking etc.), it is very thin, it doesn't smooth out anything, and the shine is lacking. I realize that a ton of people say this is just as shiny as Seche or is just shiny in general, but I don't see it at all. I just used this over Zoya's Dream and it almost feels like it dulled out a bit of the polish's original shine. I don't particularly care for the brush either as it is kind of thin and I find with the combination of this brush and the consistency of the top coat, I end up with extra product and have to be careful. Overall I know I wouldn't repurchase this, but it's a decent product so I will finish the bottle I have right now.

on 5/2/2014 3:21:00 PM

I thought this could be a viable alternative to Seche Vite (with whom I have a love/hate relationship) but it's definitely not. (For the record, my SV alternative winner is NYC Grand Central Station.)

It does dry fairly quickly but it is so prone to scuffing, scratches, and dullness. This is especially problematic over dark colors. Last night's vampy manicure already looks 5 days old; I had to go over it with OPI top coat to restore some semblance of shine. It also doesn't give me the greatest wear time, not even with my personal tried & true iron wear brands like China Glaze.

Writing this review reminds me-- when I change my manicure tonight, I'm going to throw my half used bottle of OTD away so that I'm not tempted to use it again.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

AWESOME TOPCOAT!! i absolutely cannot do without this topcoat. It's fast drying, makes my nails harder, and leaves a nice highgloss shine and leaves my nails feeling kinda like a gel manicure. Great price too, my roomate and I buy the large round bottle at Sally's Beauty. This stuff lasts a while, and I do my nails several times a week (because I want to and I'm a nailpolish junkie) But, when I do leave my polish on, this top coat really seals my manicure in.

I'm confused about this product. I've read tons of reviews about how great this stuff is and couldn't wait for a cheaper, less goopy alternative to some of the other fast drying top coats. This takes FOREVER to dry on me. The first night I used it I went to bed 2 hours after applying and had sheet marks in the morning. I tried it again the next night and it again took hours to dry. What am I missing here? The only good thing I can say about this stuff is that it's a great price.