INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
 INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat
INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top CoatINM Out the Door Top CoatINM out the door

3.9

Ehtyl Acetate, SD Alcohol 40B (Alcohol Denat.), Butyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Acrylates Cocpolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Disobutyrate, Sucrose Benzoate, Tripenyl Phosphate, Nitrocellulose, Isopropyl Alcohol, Benzophenone 1, Dimethyl Polysiloxane, Violet 2 (CI 60725), Blue 1 (CI 42090).

Way better than Seche Vite, only a tick less glossy but still wicked shiny. Thin, easy to apply, not stringy, dries fast, lasts 4+ days with minimal tip wear and without chips, AND doesn't get gloopy halfway down the bottle like SV or Essie Gel Setter. No thinner needed ever!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The great reviews for this top coat really confuses me. I tried so hard to like it but I can't! It dries quickly but it bubbles. Does anyone look at their nails closely? Because I do and what I see are a bunch of little bubbles after using this top coat. I'll be sticking to Essie's good to go. Super smooth and fast drying.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

My holy grail top coat. Prior to using this top coat I used seche vite, which I liked because it was fast drying, but hated because it was goopy and I always had to thin it out when I got a new bottle. I found a huge 2.5 ounce of this at Sally's for about $11 and never looked back! This formula is thinner than the seche and easier easier to work with and it does dry fast. I totally recommend!

I started using this as an alternative to Seche Vite. I was looking for something that still had a nice glossy finish and dried quickly but had more lasting power. This hits all those criteria for me. While it takes a little longer than Seche Vite to dry and isn't as shiny, it has the staying power that Seche Vite just doesn't have for me. I can get up to a full week with this top coat with only some minor wear on the tips and maaayyybe a small chip on a finger or two (my polish almost always cracks eventually no matter what top coat I use). The shine is very good and will start to dull within a few days so touch ups might be in order if you keep your polish on long enough. The only reason I took a lippie off was because of two things: 1) I really hate the brush. This is a rather thick top coat so I feel like a really thin brush makes it more difficult to apply since I either have to dip the brush back in the bottle to get more or get wayyyy too much on the brush at once. 2) About two-thirds of the way through the bottle it gets really thick and gloopy. I can actually see it stringing up when I pull the brush out of the bottle and it's a little difficult to apply. When this starts to happen I just load up the brush with way more than I need and it spreads more easily. I don't mind it getting goopy though since I only pay about $5 for it at Target. I will keep using this as my go to unless something better comes along.

on 4/7/2016 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I was frustrated with my usual top coat (Sally Hansen InstaDri in the red bottle) getting gloopy when the bottle was half full, so I decided to try Out the Door.
Thirty minutes after painting my nails and doing nothing but browse online, I put on my jacket and grabbed my keys to go out. These simple actions caused my polish to smear so badly that I took off all the polish and repainted four nails.
This is the second time this has happened. The first time I was wearing three coats of Essie Tuck it in My Tux, an off white crelly with a crappy formula. I blamed the polish for the smears but it happened again (same kind of folds and deep nicks) when I was wearing OPI Do You Have This Color in Stockholm?, a vivid indigo creme polish and not a problem child formula-wise.

"How long should I wait to do things?" is not a question I should have to ask myself when wearing a quick dry polish.

On the plus side, Out the Door is very shiny and makes a carefully dried manicure last three days, which is as long as I wear any polish on my fingertips. I will finish the bottle, but I will schedule extra drying time so I can make sure this doesn't get all bunched up and ugly-looking again.
I'll go back to Sally in the red bottle when I'm finished with my bottle of Out the Door but I'm still looking for my HG top coat.

on 2/25/2016 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I didn't find this to dry paritucularly fast like the previous reviewer. I have nails with a definite curve or "u" shape--told I get it from my dad's side. They take extra tension from typing with my nails (I love the tapping fast sound & the striking of the tip truly does make them grow a bit faster, which has to do with injury/wound healing body mechanisms, same as callouses on feet...anyway...). I also use them as a tool box and since I have to look them all day (vs my own face), I've become a durability connoisseur with strong (never sheer) colors & virtually having them painted every day this long (so 20-somethings, take note of advice here!).

This doesn't prevent a chip with less than delicate nail daily use. I maybe get 3-4 days. For regular top coats, I prefer either CND or OPI. Fast drying formulas aren't as long lasting due to the formula difference, so don't skimp on base (I'm partial to NailTek WITH formaldehyde & all--screw the chemical free topcoats. If these ingredients were actually that bad, there would be research & reports of numerous adverse fingertip effects of it in medical/science journals by now). or top coat if you can help it.

The most invincible top coat (i.e. up to 5-10 days with no/few chips or minimal, reparable chips), invest in a cheap UV machine (or LED--read a lot of reviews first) and use just the gel top coat. This technology has been around decades but I could only find it at Sally's, and I bought my first UV light 20 years ago--it's the same type they use to fix windshield cracks). The easiest-on-your-nails method is just to use the top or top & base coat, because then you can remove polish the usual way versus gel nails, although it still takes a bit longer. You have less time with remover soaking into your fingers/cuticles & no need to horribly weaken your nails with filing & thinning them or scraping them. You keep using your favorite colors too!

on 1/31/2016 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG top coat. I picked this up randomly in CVS and have bought 3 bottles since! This is gorgeously shiny, dries SO quickly, and doesn't have the TERRIBLE shrinkage on me like Seche Vite. I find that it can smear nail art if you don't just plop it on and go. Too often I find myself playing too much with trying to thin/smooth it out and I take way too much time and it smears, but honestly that's more user error than anything! This is a great topcoat, my favorite, and it's very affordable! I think this can be a little hard to find, not sure, I always just buy it at CVS. Recommended, I will continue to buy!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HG topcoat right here ladies! The price is great. It's available at Sally Beauty Supply but I found mine at Target. This stuff dries quickly and is quite shiny. The application was a breeze and FIVE whole days later no chips! Im fickle with my nail polish and change it often, but with this stuff I have to see how long it can last before it chips. Will update!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This stuff is the bomb! I always have a problem doing color tips, two toned nails, nail art, etc because they never dry fast enough, end up bleeding with the other color, and I'm impatient too. This made the polish dry super fast, and I was able to do a nice color tip manicure for once in my life. The cashier at my convenience store actually grabbed my hand and complimented me on my nails. I couldn't believe she was impressed. I was like, hold up, don't look too close, but hey this stuff is great! I will re-buy for sure.

Unless I try the Seche stuff recommended here, gosh, I bet if it's better than this, I wouldn't know how to handle myself. I'm so NOT nail polish savvy , but I've been watching nail tutorials and I'm getting a bit better..yay

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

In my country, it's pretty difficult to come across Out the Door so I was really excited to find it. I originally had high hopes for it but after using it a few times, I'm left craving for more. I've used it about six times so far and while this top coat dries very quickly and without the typical problems (shrinking, bubbling, cracking etc.), it is very thin, it doesn't smooth out anything, and the shine is lacking. I realize that a ton of people say this is just as shiny as Seche or is just shiny in general, but I don't see it at all. I just used this over Zoya's Dream and it almost feels like it dulled out a bit of the polish's original shine. I don't particularly care for the brush either as it is kind of thin and I find with the combination of this brush and the consistency of the top coat, I end up with extra product and have to be careful. Overall I know I wouldn't repurchase this, but it's a decent product so I will finish the bottle I have right now.