INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
 INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat
INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top CoatINM Out the Door Top CoatINM out the door

4.3

Ehtyl Acetate, SD Alcohol 40B (Alcohol Denat.), Butyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Acrylates Cocpolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Disobutyrate, Sucrose Benzoate, Tripenyl Phosphate, Nitrocellulose, Isopropyl Alcohol, Benzophenone 1, Dimethyl Polysiloxane, Violet 2 (CI 60725), Blue 1 (CI 42090).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I often buy Out the Door (love), Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat in the red bottle (love). And I sometimes get Seche Vite (like). All three brands are great. All dry fast with the same thick glassy shine, and give me that gel-like finish that makes it look like I've just been to the salon for a professional manicure :)

However I prefer Out the Door or Insta-Dri over the Seche Vite and its not just about price.

Seche Vite is the fastest polish drying top coat I've ever used but:
1. Shrinks polish severely
2. Becomes too thick and stringy to use when the bottle gets down to halfway, then it needs thinning repeatedly or it has to be thrown out. This adds to the cost.
3. Letters wear off the bottle and it looks tatty
4. The brush does not reach the end of the bottle so I have to tip and angle the bottle to use it up completely
5. Seche Vite is much more expensive

Out the Door and Insta-Dri takes *slightly* more time to dry than Seche Vite but are both still very fast and don't have the problems Seche Vite does.
1. They rarely cause shrinkage. I occasionally get a tiny bit of shrinkage but ONLY if I forget to wrap the tips. Even then I don't usually have any.
2. Out the Door only needs thinning once or twice, when the bottle gets down to 1/4. Sally Hansen Insta Dri doesn't need thinning.
3. The bottles labels are better quality, don't wear off
4. Out the Door and Insta Dri are priced better

You don't need to spend more to get quality results!!

on 6/22/2014 9:41:00 PM

Seriously LOVE this top coat! I was using the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Ultra Wear for chipping and the same brand Big shiny one for a glossy look, and was just really unhappy having to use two top coats. I bought this at Sallys when I had to 'refill' on my Gelous AGNC and I absolutely love it! I only kept it on for 4 days (Sunday night-Thursday afternoon)and only took it off because my nails were growing out and needed to be redone. I was pretty hard on my nails, so I was very happy to have zero chipping! Definitely repurchasing when I'm out!

I'm pretty pleased with this topcoat; it did dry quickly (base coat + 2 coats of polish) and it held up for about 7 days. It wasn't too expensive, either. I didn't have a 'shrinkage' problem like with Seche Vite. This topcoat gave enough time to put on a smooth coat without dragging or pulling the polish underneath.

on 1/28/2014 10:24:00 AM

The best top coat ever! Dries in a snap and my nails last over a week! This is the best! <333

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This top coat is only ok. It does not dry rapidly. The finish is glossy, but not the glossiest I have used. It seems to leave the polish looking darker than its true colour. It did not keep my polish from chipping, as I had chips after 2 days. It applies well and is easy to spread (not too thick or thin). For me, this is not my preferred formula, as I look for a rapid-dry top cost that helps prevent chips. I will stick with my Seche Vite.

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

Pros:
+ Does dry a manicure relatively fast (see below)
+ Self-levels very well
+ Once dry, has a nice, strong, glossy finish
+ No peeling or shrinkage (see below, however)
+ Protects manicure well. Longest I've gone is about five days because I usually get bored with my manicure by then.
...
Cons:
- Brush is on the skinny side, can make it hard to get the right amount of product on wider nails.
- Surface of nails may be dry long before layers below are, causing deep smudges if you're not careful, so don't trust the "dry to touch" stage, especially with multiple coats of polish. The more coats you've got going, the longer the full dry will end up taking.
- Dry surface can scuff, although I'm not (yet) certain under what circumstances this happens, and for me, it happens only infrequently
- Can pick up colour from the polish, but at this point I'm pretty sure it doesn't actually affect the top coat (it does look odd in the bottle, but any colour picked up doesn't seem to transfer to a new manicure)
- Can bubble if you try to do too many strokes during application; if you stick to the classic three strokes, it's fine
- Can bubble under other circumstances, such as putting on a second coat of the top coat, especially if it's over nails that aren't fully dry through all the layers (and the bubbles can go right down to the nail)
- Will thicken with use, as every other fast-dry top coat will (just use a few drops of thinner about every third or fourth manicure to keep it flowing nicely)
- MAY cause shrinkage if you use it on dry nails. Took me a while to work out what was happening with this, but this seems to be the case. This is especially true with jelly-type polishes, IME. So this can only be used on not-dry nails, basically.
...
All in all, the pros actually so outweigh the cons for me on this one, but this isn't my favourite top coat by a long stretch.

I'm giving the product three lippies because I really don't care much for the scrawny brush, and the "dry on the surface but not the lower layers" thing can sometimes be a huge pain in the neck (it doesn't always happen, though; I think it depends on the polish, the humidity, and other factors). It's also a little more finicky to use than some top coats, so there is that. Overall, though, it is a worthwhile product and it's worth trying to see if it works for you.

on 12/4/2012 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

If you're having a hard time with Seche Vite or the formula doesn't work well for you, this might be something worth trying. With Seche, I began to feel like my manicures weren't lasting as long as I'd like. I'm not one of those girls who can switch up my mani on a daily basis, I really need something tough that can take me through a few days. I get about 5 days with OTT (paired with Orly Bonder as a base), other than normal tip wear my mani looks great until the next polish change. The only issue I've had is that sometimes it hasn't fully dried after several hours, even though I make sure to give myself 5-10 minutes between polish coats. The problem, I figured out, is that I need to apply a very thin layer of the top coat, otherwise it isn't "fast dry". I let it dry for about a half hour and then apply another very thin layer. No problems and manicures are always perfect. It's very high-shine, just about the same as Seche, it just seems to work better for me.

I wanted to like this stuff! The girl at Sally Beauty Supply told me that Seche Vite had had a formulation change and that she preferred Out The Door these days, and since I was curious and had the money, I bought a bottle of each. I put it on over two dry layers of China Glaze Liquid Leather with a (also dry) layer of China Glaze Strong Adhesion Basecoat, and it just WOULD NOT DRY for me! Three hours later it was still tacky and smudge-able. :/ Ironically, when I layered SV over it, the whole mess dried lovely and glossy and HARD AS A ROCK. I would love to say it worked for me, but nope. It's worth spending the extra dollar or so on SV, to get something that actually works for me.

Your mileage may vary!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Not super fast drying, not a high shine TC, and polish is chipped within the day. Not impressed, would not repurchase.

on 6/28/2012 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

found this at the local drug store while searching for sally hansen's insta-dri no-chip top coat.
wow! dries fast with an incredible glass-like shine. easy to use. not too thick, not too thin.
i am sure it will get thicker (as they all do) with a frequent use.
too early to tell, but it might replace my favorite poche.
i tried it on opi polishes and the shine is superior to poche and its not as gloopy. a possible winner :)
btw, insta-dry is awful. but thats another review :):)