INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat

Filtered by skin tone : Other
 INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat
INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top CoatINM Out the Door Top CoatINM out the door

3.3

Ehtyl Acetate, SD Alcohol 40B (Alcohol Denat.), Butyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Acrylates Cocpolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Disobutyrate, Sucrose Benzoate, Tripenyl Phosphate, Nitrocellulose, Isopropyl Alcohol, Benzophenone 1, Dimethyl Polysiloxane, Violet 2 (CI 60725), Blue 1 (CI 42090).

This top coat sucked for me! Especially after being spoiled by Seche Vite. This does not dry as quickly, it is not as shiny, and the brush was weird... it didn't work very well to apply.

My polish stayed tacky and dent-y for a long time after using this top coat. I returned it the next day.

This stuff is amazing. It may not necessarily dry up your nail polish "in seconds" as it claims on the bottle, but definitely speeds up the drying process a lot faster. I would say it fully dries within 5 minutes. It leaves a glossy and smooth finish. It's cheaper than Seche Vite, readily available at most drugstores. Brush is nice and wide and makes application very easy. The consistency of this top coat is not too thick. I'm so glad that I tried it out because now I can actually use nail polishes that have nice colors but poor consistency, poor pigmentation, and long drying time. I won't have to ever worry about ruining my nail polish again because I'm always too inpatient to wait for the nail polish to dry up fully.

on 5/9/2009 4:57:00 PM

This is absolutely the best top coat I've ever used. It dries quickly and my nails are protected. OTD is cheaper than Essie and OPI but it is far superior to top coats of both brands. Cheaper + better = a winner in my book.

Worst top coat ever!! It never fully dried on me. After like an hour, I still got sheet marks. It never dried to a glassy shine. I'll stick to Seche Vite!

**UPDATE**

I decided to give this another try after reading more reviews that "it's just like Seche Vite!" LIES. All of them. In my initial review, it wasn't that I was getting sheet marks. It was the brush marks from the polish itself. True, it dries quickly and doesn't shrink. But the finish is nowhere near as glossy as Seche Vite. Ugh. Why was I duped again?

This top coat does dry quickly and leaves a nice shinny finish. It also makes my polish last MUCH longer than it does otherwise because it's pretty good at preventing chips and the top coat rarely peels.

I do find that once you get to about the middle of the bottle (I have the .5 oz) the product gets gooey and it's harder to get it out of the bottle. I also do not like the brush which is a little too short for my liking.

on 10/21/2008 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Since I've started venturing into the nail board and using more nail polishes. I learned about using top coats and base coats, never did this before.

One of the recs I received was to try out INM out the door, a great shiny top coat and speeds up the nail polish drying process.

I was using poshe, but i had some shrinkage and other problems with it. And recently started using INM again and it's been my HG top coat.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the stupidest piece of crap ever and has pissed me off so much that it's inspired me to write my first review on here even though I've frequented this site for years. I don't get how it states "America's #1 Super Fast Drying Top Coat for Nails" on its packaging when it doesn't even DRY!!! It doesn't work! It takes forever! I'd rather use a cheapie $1 regular top coat polish instead of paying about $4-5 this stupid piece of crap that I want to dropkick and chuck out of my window into the street. It also doesn't leave a shiny finish. Instead, it leaves my polish a semi-matte, if not matte, finish. TOTAL GARBAGE. I love trying new products, but this teaches me to stick to my HG Sally Hansen Insta-Dri.

on 8/7/2007 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I didn't care for this topcoat at all. I woke up this morning with ripples and nicks in my manicure that I did last night. This has never happened to me before. It's also not nearly as shiny as Seche Vite. I agree 100% with Oleander's review of this product.

on 7/6/2005 11:10:00 AM

I'd never been able to paint my nails before--I'm too impatient to wait for them to dry, and fanatic about achieving a smooth, glossy finish. I started using Seche Vite a few months ago, and fully intended to repurchase Seche, but was presented with INM's Out The Door as an alternative.

I am *just* as pleased with this product--it was a bargain too! I got .5 fl oz (standard sized polish bottle) for $3.49 at Sally Beauty Supply!

I'm only on day two of my manicure, but this dried lightning fast and looks ultra shiny!