INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat

Filtered by hair type : Other
 INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat
INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top CoatINM Out the Door Top CoatINM out the door

3.7

Ehtyl Acetate, SD Alcohol 40B (Alcohol Denat.), Butyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Acrylates Cocpolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Disobutyrate, Sucrose Benzoate, Tripenyl Phosphate, Nitrocellulose, Isopropyl Alcohol, Benzophenone 1, Dimethyl Polysiloxane, Violet 2 (CI 60725), Blue 1 (CI 42090).

on 1/1/2016 1:18:00 PM

This top coat is a new favourite of mine. I prefer it to Seche Vite, as there is no shrinkage or offensive smell with this top coat. It may take a second longer to dry and doesn't have quite the same 'glassy' effect finish, but for me the positives outweigh the negatives. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I often buy Out the Door (love), Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat in the red bottle (love). And I sometimes get Seche Vite (like). All three brands are great. All dry fast with the same thick glassy shine, and give me that gel-like finish that makes it look like I've just been to the salon for a professional manicure :)

However I prefer Out the Door or Insta-Dri over the Seche Vite and its not just about price.

Seche Vite is the fastest polish drying top coat I've ever used but:
1. Shrinks polish severely
2. Becomes too thick and stringy to use when the bottle gets down to halfway, then it needs thinning repeatedly or it has to be thrown out. This adds to the cost.
3. Letters wear off the bottle and it looks tatty
4. The brush does not reach the end of the bottle so I have to tip and angle the bottle to use it up completely
5. Seche Vite is much more expensive

Out the Door and Insta-Dri takes *slightly* more time to dry than Seche Vite but are both still very fast and don't have the problems Seche Vite does.
1. They rarely cause shrinkage. I occasionally get a tiny bit of shrinkage but ONLY if I forget to wrap the tips. Even then I don't usually have any.
2. Out the Door only needs thinning once or twice, when the bottle gets down to 1/4. Sally Hansen Insta Dri doesn't need thinning.
3. The bottles labels are better quality, don't wear off
4. Out the Door and Insta Dri are priced better

You don't need to spend more to get quality results!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I've tried most of the popular quick-dry topcoats Poshe, Seche Vite, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri, you name it. And while Out the Door does not dry as quickly as the top two (Poshe and SV), it does dry fairly quickly, just not within a couple minutes (SV wins that battle). However, the reason why I keep going back to Out the Door is because it DOES NOT SHRINK. Seche Vite is the worst offender in this, and I get major shrinkage with a multitude of polish brands at my tips (which drives me nuts) and also at my cuticle. Poshe also shrinks often, but not as badly depending on the polish at the tips. So although I prefer the shininess and hard coat of SV, Out the Door still does pretty well in both those departments, but its lack of shrinkage totally wins it for me.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

So far so good. It dries pretty damn quick and that's what I require of it in the end. Also, it's not goopy like other top coats I've tried and the brush works great with it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this in the 2.5 oz size at Sally's Beauty Supply for about $11. Not a bad deal at all. This stuff doesn't exactly dry as quickly as it claims to, but it dries pretty quickly. The brush is very easy to work with. I wish OPI, Orly, and China Glaze would use brushes like this. It does in fact impart a glassy shine on my nails, and they are very resilient with OTD on top. Some colors do benefit from a second coat, but they would require second and maybe even third coats of all the other top coats I own.

Great Top coat!! I alwasy hated using top coats because i felt like they never served any purpose. This one adds brilliant shine, extends the life of my polish, and is a great price! it does thicken over time, but I have very few polishes that don't.

I love Out The Door! I have tried many quick dry top coats, and they all have issues. Seche shrinks and is thick and gloppy, Poshe is the same as Seche plus the bottle is dinky, Sally Hansen Instant Dri wears terribly and doesn't dry very fast, etc. OTD, is a nice consistency, not too thick or thin, dries nail polish super fast, DOESN'T SHRINK!, is nice and shiny, and wears well. What more could you ask for?

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I agree! I used to offer a nail art service from a shop and it was the *only* top coat I would use! I needed clients *not* to come back with smudged nails - and it did the trick. Not the cheapest but you get what you pay for! (*^.^*)

on 2/24/2013 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Compared to Seche Vite:

Pros:
thinner consistency, so it smoothes out streakiness really well. also much easier to apply for a smooth finish.
much subtler scent
no shrinkage, esp with thicker consistency polishes, as I've experienced with Seche Vite
no chipping of large chunks of polish after 4-5 days of wear
texture is not sticky after it's dried
the bottle won't dry out and get gummy like Seche Vite. Seche Vite needs to be thinned out frequently.

Cons:
nowhere near as glossy as Seche Vite. more like a satin finish
takes longer to dry

I think this gives better protection than Seche Vite. Usually I get about 5-6 days of wear with Seche Vite without any growth or chipping (depends on the polish), but with Out the Door, there isn't shrinkage and chipping at the edges is less frequent. My manis look as good as new for over a week. This topcoat is also much easier to apply bc it's a thin consistency and I'm less likely to have to start over.

BUT....I know a lot of people love a high glossy finish and Seche Vite gives the glossiest and fastest drying finish. Out the Door doesn't improve on the finish that the color polish already gives.

on 3/12/2009 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this at recommendation from a nail technician who was doing my friends nails. She told me it was the best she had ever used, and used it on all her clients. I've used OPI, and Seche before this. I hated OPI, it did nothing and all my polishes chipped the next day. Seche, was to clumpy for me. But I thinned it out with nail polish remover, and was pleased but wanted to see if there was something better, so thats why I tried this. I wanted to love it, I love how it applys. But truth is, it takes FOREVER AND A YEAR to dry. I just did a manicure about a half hour ago, and my nails are still wet. It does make my nails shiny, which I like, but the fact that it takes forever really kills me. I normally do my nails, then lay in bed on my computer. I can't even move over fear of smuding my nails. Over all I think i'll stick to my Seche.

EDIT: I gave this product another star because it kept my polish on a little longer then Seche does. I kept this same manicure for 3 days, then started peeling it off on my own. I'm still not thrilled with how long it takes to dry. Im not sure if i'll purchase again or not.