INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat

Filtered by hair type : Other
 INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat
INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top CoatINM Out the Door Top CoatINM out the door

3.7

Ehtyl Acetate, SD Alcohol 40B (Alcohol Denat.), Butyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Acrylates Cocpolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Disobutyrate, Sucrose Benzoate, Tripenyl Phosphate, Nitrocellulose, Isopropyl Alcohol, Benzophenone 1, Dimethyl Polysiloxane, Violet 2 (CI 60725), Blue 1 (CI 42090).

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I agree! I used to offer a nail art service from a shop and it was the *only* top coat I would use! I needed clients *not* to come back with smudged nails - and it did the trick. Not the cheapest but you get what you pay for! (*^.^*)

on 8/7/2007 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I didn't care for this topcoat at all. I woke up this morning with ripples and nicks in my manicure that I did last night. This has never happened to me before. It's also not nearly as shiny as Seche Vite. I agree 100% with Oleander's review of this product.

on 10/24/2008 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This works quite well for me and was only $4 at Sally's. I use it over OPI, Essie, Milani amd MAC nail polishes while they are still wet. it dries quickly and doesn't chip.
*UPDATE 05/28/13* um... No. I have tried Seche Vite, Poshe, Opi and Essie top coats. This is not self leveling and I need that. Poshe and Seche both do. Even the Essie No chips ahead and opi top coat handle this. Also, for those of you who hate shrinking, wrapping my tips means absolutely none of that with Seche. I will never purchase this again.

This top coat does dry quickly and leaves a nice shinny finish. It also makes my polish last MUCH longer than it does otherwise because it's pretty good at preventing chips and the top coat rarely peels.

I do find that once you get to about the middle of the bottle (I have the .5 oz) the product gets gooey and it's harder to get it out of the bottle. I also do not like the brush which is a little too short for my liking.

Worst top coat ever!! It never fully dried on me. After like an hour, I still got sheet marks. It never dried to a glassy shine. I'll stick to Seche Vite!

**UPDATE**

I decided to give this another try after reading more reviews that "it's just like Seche Vite!" LIES. All of them. In my initial review, it wasn't that I was getting sheet marks. It was the brush marks from the polish itself. True, it dries quickly and doesn't shrink. But the finish is nowhere near as glossy as Seche Vite. Ugh. Why was I duped again?

on 3/12/2009 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this at recommendation from a nail technician who was doing my friends nails. She told me it was the best she had ever used, and used it on all her clients. I've used OPI, and Seche before this. I hated OPI, it did nothing and all my polishes chipped the next day. Seche, was to clumpy for me. But I thinned it out with nail polish remover, and was pleased but wanted to see if there was something better, so thats why I tried this. I wanted to love it, I love how it applys. But truth is, it takes FOREVER AND A YEAR to dry. I just did a manicure about a half hour ago, and my nails are still wet. It does make my nails shiny, which I like, but the fact that it takes forever really kills me. I normally do my nails, then lay in bed on my computer. I can't even move over fear of smuding my nails. Over all I think i'll stick to my Seche.

EDIT: I gave this product another star because it kept my polish on a little longer then Seche does. I kept this same manicure for 3 days, then started peeling it off on my own. I'm still not thrilled with how long it takes to dry. Im not sure if i'll purchase again or not.

on 5/26/2009 5:33:00 PM

Well, this is going back to CVS tomorrow. I had high hopes for this stuff- especially seeing as though it is labeled as "America's #1 Super Fast Drying Top Coat." To be honest it just didn't hold up to its claim. I'm wanting something that I can really just stick on top of wet nails and be done with it in 5 minutes- maybe too much to ask, but not from all the great reviews I've seen on a good fast drying top coat. I get the same sheeting problem as others have mentioned, and it really just doesn't seem to dry. It was a couple hours after I applied this to two fingers and they were still not dry. I compared this to SV and there's really no comparison. Bottom Line: I'll give it this much, it was cheaper than the competition, but I see with this you get what you pay for, and if you really do want to try this, make sure you go somewhere with a great return policy. This might make a decent top-coat, but it's definitely not fast drying.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I tried this with several different brands and types of polishes, from fast-dry to regular, and I just can't understand how it's supposed to work. It actually felt tacky to the touch after 10 full minutes--worse than not using topcoat at all! I love Seche Vite and was hoping this is a cheap alternative. NO WAY. BTW it is very thin-textured and high in alcohol, which may be part of the problem. NO NO NO.

on 1/21/2010 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Eeh. Better than Seche Vite, except drying time. Minimal tip wear, no chipping. Just takes FOREVER to dry and never hardens. Can have on a week and still dent... Still not a hg, but does not turn brown on my lighter colors. I still use Seche Vite for darker colors or when I don't have time to let my nails dry. Will purchase again until I find that HG...

I love Out The Door! I have tried many quick dry top coats, and they all have issues. Seche shrinks and is thick and gloppy, Poshe is the same as Seche plus the bottle is dinky, Sally Hansen Instant Dri wears terribly and doesn't dry very fast, etc. OTD, is a nice consistency, not too thick or thin, dries nail polish super fast, DOESN'T SHRINK!, is nice and shiny, and wears well. What more could you ask for?