INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat

INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat
image 1image 2image 3

Ehtyl Acetate, SD Alcohol 40B (Alcohol Denat.), Butyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Acrylates Cocpolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Disobutyrate, Sucrose Benzoate, Tripenyl Phosphate, Nitrocellulose, Isopropyl Alcohol, Benzophenone 1, Dimethyl Polysiloxane, Violet 2 (CI 60725), Blue 1 (CI 42090).

I love the shine but this can get gloomy and thick quick.

on 4/30/2016 3:36:00 PM

I can't live without this stuff! This top coat makes your nail polish dry FAST. Quick and thorough. You can even paint your nails right before you go to bed if you want to.

Plus it adds a high-gloss shine to your polish and helps to chip-proof your mani too.

And it doesn't start to get thick when you get to the end of the bottle either.

Excellent product and inexpensive too. I will definitely buy it again. Recommended!

To Read all 174 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/7/2016 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I was frustrated with my usual top coat (Sally Hansen InstaDri in the red bottle) getting gloopy when the bottle was half full, so I decided to try Out the Door.
Thirty minutes after painting my nails and doing nothing but browse online, I put on my jacket and grabbed my keys to go out. These simple actions caused my polish to smear so badly that I took off all the polish and repainted four nails.
This is the second time this has happened. The first time I was wearing three coats of Essie Tuck it in My Tux, an off white crelly with a crappy formula. I blamed the polish for the smears but it happened again (same kind of folds and deep nicks) when I was wearing OPI Do You Have This Color in Stockholm?, a vivid indigo creme polish and not a problem child formula-wise.

"How long should I wait to do things?" is not a question I should have to ask myself when wearing a quick dry polish.

On the plus side, Out the Door is very shiny and makes a carefully dried manicure last three days, which is as long as I wear any polish on my fingertips. I will finish the bottle, but I will schedule extra drying time so I can make sure this doesn't get all bunched up and ugly-looking again.
I'll go back to Sally in the red bottle when I'm finished with my bottle of Out the Door but I'm still looking for my HG top coat.

on 3/3/2016 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This topcoat is amazing. It's smooth, easy to apply and it dries to a hard, glass like shiny finish. It is cheaper than the more expensive topcoats, but the quality is top-notch.
With this topcoat, I can easily get up to 4-5 days of wear on my nails.This is definitely a great choice for those looking for a great topcoat at a affordable price.

on 2/25/2016 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I didn't find this to dry paritucularly fast like the previous reviewer. I have nails with a definite curve or "u" shape--told I get it from my dad's side. They take extra tension from typing with my nails (I love the tapping fast sound & the striking of the tip truly does make them grow a bit faster, which has to do with injury/wound healing body mechanisms, same as callouses on feet...anyway...). I also use them as a tool box and since I have to look them all day (vs my own face), I've become a durability connoisseur with strong (never sheer) colors & virtually having them painted every day this long (so 20-somethings, take note of advice here!).

This doesn't prevent a chip with less than delicate nail daily use. I maybe get 3-4 days. For regular top coats, I prefer either CND or OPI. Fast drying formulas aren't as long lasting due to the formula difference, so don't skimp on base (I'm partial to NailTek WITH formaldehyde & all--screw the chemical free topcoats. If these ingredients were actually that bad, there would be research & reports of numerous adverse fingertip effects of it in medical/science journals by now). or top coat if you can help it.

The most invincible top coat (i.e. up to 5-10 days with no/few chips or minimal, reparable chips), invest in a cheap UV machine (or LED--read a lot of reviews first) and use just the gel top coat. This technology has been around decades but I could only find it at Sally's, and I bought my first UV light 20 years ago--it's the same type they use to fix windshield cracks). The easiest-on-your-nails method is just to use the top or top & base coat, because then you can remove polish the usual way versus gel nails, although it still takes a bit longer. You have less time with remover soaking into your fingers/cuticles & no need to horribly weaken your nails with filing & thinning them or scraping them. You keep using your favorite colors too!

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This does not dry fast enough for me. It does take longer than Seche Vite to dry and I'm always moving around and don't want to sit and wait for polish to dry.

on 1/31/2016 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG top coat. I picked this up randomly in CVS and have bought 3 bottles since! This is gorgeously shiny, dries SO quickly, and doesn't have the TERRIBLE shrinkage on me like Seche Vite. I find that it can smear nail art if you don't just plop it on and go. Too often I find myself playing too much with trying to thin/smooth it out and I take way too much time and it smears, but honestly that's more user error than anything! This is a great topcoat, my favorite, and it's very affordable! I think this can be a little hard to find, not sure, I always just buy it at CVS. Recommended, I will continue to buy!

on 1/15/2016 10:13:00 PM

I am a huge fan of Seche Vite. But I got this because everyone says Seche Viche causes the nail polish to shrink. I can definitely see what they mean, so I've been trying other top coats. This doesn't seem to have that same shrink wrap effect, but it doesn't dry nearly as quickly, and the finish isn't very shiny/glossy. However, literally a couple of seconds after I used this, I accidentally touched one of my nails and nothing happened! So I'm impressed and will repurchase it.

on 1/1/2016 1:18:00 PM

This top coat is a new favourite of mine. I prefer it to Seche Vite, as there is no shrinkage or offensive smell with this top coat. It may take a second longer to dry and doesn't have quite the same 'glassy' effect finish, but for me the positives outweigh the negatives. Will definitely repurchase.

I worked at Sally Beauty for quite awhile back in the day, so I tried basically everything. This was The Top Coat. I bought it again recently. I like it. But I don't love it. It dries fast but it isn't really thick so it doesn't do a good job with the thirsty glitters I've been into lately. ALSO, if you don't use a base coat, it will make your polish literally peel off in huge flakes in a matter of a day or two. (Maybe I should do that with my next glitter polish so I can not struggle with removal so much.....) I'd buy it again, but it's not in my mind the perfect top coat.