INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat

Filtered by age: 44-55
 INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat
INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top CoatINM Out the Door Top CoatINM out the door

4.2

Ehtyl Acetate, SD Alcohol 40B (Alcohol Denat.), Butyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Acrylates Cocpolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Disobutyrate, Sucrose Benzoate, Tripenyl Phosphate, Nitrocellulose, Isopropyl Alcohol, Benzophenone 1, Dimethyl Polysiloxane, Violet 2 (CI 60725), Blue 1 (CI 42090).

on 2/25/2016 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I didn't find this to dry paritucularly fast like the previous reviewer. I have nails with a definite curve or "u" shape--told I get it from my dad's side. They take extra tension from typing with my nails (I love the tapping fast sound & the striking of the tip truly does make them grow a bit faster, which has to do with injury/wound healing body mechanisms, same as callouses on feet...anyway...). I also use them as a tool box and since I have to look them all day (vs my own face), I've become a durability connoisseur with strong (never sheer) colors & virtually having them painted every day this long (so 20-somethings, take note of advice here!).

This doesn't prevent a chip with less than delicate nail daily use. I maybe get 3-4 days. For regular top coats, I prefer either CND or OPI. Fast drying formulas aren't as long lasting due to the formula difference, so don't skimp on base (I'm partial to NailTek WITH formaldehyde & all--screw the chemical free topcoats. If these ingredients were actually that bad, there would be research & reports of numerous adverse fingertip effects of it in medical/science journals by now). or top coat if you can help it.

The most invincible top coat (i.e. up to 5-10 days with no/few chips or minimal, reparable chips), invest in a cheap UV machine (or LED--read a lot of reviews first) and use just the gel top coat. This technology has been around decades but I could only find it at Sally's, and I bought my first UV light 20 years ago--it's the same type they use to fix windshield cracks). The easiest-on-your-nails method is just to use the top or top & base coat, because then you can remove polish the usual way versus gel nails, although it still takes a bit longer. You have less time with remover soaking into your fingers/cuticles & no need to horribly weaken your nails with filing & thinning them or scraping them. You keep using your favorite colors too!

on 1/15/2016 10:13:00 PM

I am a huge fan of Seche Vite. But I got this because everyone says Seche Viche causes the nail polish to shrink. I can definitely see what they mean, so I've been trying other top coats. This doesn't seem to have that same shrink wrap effect, but it doesn't dry nearly as quickly, and the finish isn't very shiny/glossy. However, literally a couple of seconds after I used this, I accidentally touched one of my nails and nothing happened! So I'm impressed and will repurchase it.

I'm pretty pleased with this topcoat; it did dry quickly (base coat + 2 coats of polish) and it held up for about 7 days. It wasn't too expensive, either. I didn't have a 'shrinkage' problem like with Seche Vite. This topcoat gave enough time to put on a smooth coat without dragging or pulling the polish underneath.

I'm confused about this product. I've read tons of reviews about how great this stuff is and couldn't wait for a cheaper, less goopy alternative to some of the other fast drying top coats. This takes FOREVER to dry on me. The first night I used it I went to bed 2 hours after applying and had sheet marks in the morning. I tried it again the next night and it again took hours to dry. What am I missing here? The only good thing I can say about this stuff is that it's a great price.

on 6/29/2013 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

First of all let me start with saying I take manicures seriously. I am known for my nails and nail art and I am always changing polishes and manicures and so I go through a lot of polish and LOTS of top coat. Now saying that, I know polish, and I love this top coat! I have used up nearly the entire bottle and this is easily comparable to Seche Vite and Poshe fast dry toppers. This is much easier to work with than the Seche Vite in that there is no learning curve, it does not have that horrible outgassing that clears a room when you use it, it is big 3 free, and it doesn't thicken halfway though the bottle. I can use this over wet polish (let it sit 1 minute first then apply this fast dry) and it dries to the touch within a minute. I have also used this over dry but still "tacky feeling if the nails touch" polish too. This glides on smoothly and does not pick up the polish beneath leaving color on my brush, and it seems to self level and dries to an even glossy finish giving my nails a professionally manicured look. This has been around for years and years and I just now got around to finally trying it. I was so sold on the wonders of Seche Vite that I didn't even think to try another top coat but as often as I use a top coat I need one that is big 3 free. It does seem to be big 3 free as well! I found this at Sally's Beauty Supply for $5.

on 5/24/2013 7:55:00 AM

I'll have to agree with the others on this one. I've tried lots of quick dry top coats-Seche Vite, Sally Hansen Diamond Flash top coat, OPI and a couple of others but this is my favorite. It dries fast enough to still be a fast dry but goes on more evenly and doesn't shrink-- my biggest complaint with Seche Vite. I bought this one at Wal Mart and the price was right. I'll definately re-purchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

Pros:
+ Does dry a manicure relatively fast (see below)
+ Self-levels very well
+ Once dry, has a nice, strong, glossy finish
+ No peeling or shrinkage (see below, however)
+ Protects manicure well. Longest I've gone is about five days because I usually get bored with my manicure by then.
...
Cons:
- Brush is on the skinny side, can make it hard to get the right amount of product on wider nails.
- Surface of nails may be dry long before layers below are, causing deep smudges if you're not careful, so don't trust the "dry to touch" stage, especially with multiple coats of polish. The more coats you've got going, the longer the full dry will end up taking.
- Dry surface can scuff, although I'm not (yet) certain under what circumstances this happens, and for me, it happens only infrequently
- Can pick up colour from the polish, but at this point I'm pretty sure it doesn't actually affect the top coat (it does look odd in the bottle, but any colour picked up doesn't seem to transfer to a new manicure)
- Can bubble if you try to do too many strokes during application; if you stick to the classic three strokes, it's fine
- Can bubble under other circumstances, such as putting on a second coat of the top coat, especially if it's over nails that aren't fully dry through all the layers (and the bubbles can go right down to the nail)
- Will thicken with use, as every other fast-dry top coat will (just use a few drops of thinner about every third or fourth manicure to keep it flowing nicely)
- MAY cause shrinkage if you use it on dry nails. Took me a while to work out what was happening with this, but this seems to be the case. This is especially true with jelly-type polishes, IME. So this can only be used on not-dry nails, basically.
...
All in all, the pros actually so outweigh the cons for me on this one, but this isn't my favourite top coat by a long stretch.

I'm giving the product three lippies because I really don't care much for the scrawny brush, and the "dry on the surface but not the lower layers" thing can sometimes be a huge pain in the neck (it doesn't always happen, though; I think it depends on the polish, the humidity, and other factors). It's also a little more finicky to use than some top coats, so there is that. Overall, though, it is a worthwhile product and it's worth trying to see if it works for you.

on 3/15/2012 8:02:00 PM

After the mixed reviews here I picked up a travel size of OTD at Sally's this week for a whopping .39.......last night I decided to give it a try over my awesome St Patty's water marble mani...three shades of green, some white and of course a wee bit of gold. So in the worst mani planning ever today I hand washed and waxed my car and did interior detail as well. Even DH commented on whether the nails would hold up since I wasn't even wearing gloves....welll I am happy to say I have not even a micro chip in the mani. I am holding off on 5 lippies for a few days since it may all fall apart tomorrow but I can''t think of a tougher test for a top coat than this. See ya SV, it was fun but not real fun. This stuff is like iron!

on 12/2/2011 9:35:00 PM

I have been using this top coat for over 17 years. I love it!!!!!!! I buy the jumbo bottle, my girls use it too. Highly recommend.

on 11/9/2011 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm on my zillionth bottle of this top coat and it never disappoints me. I go through it like water, because I do a mani every day or every other day. At times, when I've been super busy/lazy and have kept a mani on for days and days, it's still as shiny as it was when I applied it. The shine is like glass. It dries quickly -- perhaps not in the seconds it claims, but certainly within a minute or two. I've never had a problem and that's why I've continued to repurchase this for years now. It's truly amazing stuff and I just can't get over the shine that looks like glass.