INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat

Filtered by hair type : Other age: 30-35
 INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat
INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top CoatINM Out the Door Top CoatINM out the door

Ehtyl Acetate, SD Alcohol 40B (Alcohol Denat.), Butyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Acrylates Cocpolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Disobutyrate, Sucrose Benzoate, Tripenyl Phosphate, Nitrocellulose, Isopropyl Alcohol, Benzophenone 1, Dimethyl Polysiloxane, Violet 2 (CI 60725), Blue 1 (CI 42090).

on 1/1/2016 1:18:00 PM

This top coat is a new favourite of mine. I prefer it to Seche Vite, as there is no shrinkage or offensive smell with this top coat. It may take a second longer to dry and doesn't have quite the same 'glassy' effect finish, but for me the positives outweigh the negatives. Will definitely repurchase.

on 2/24/2013 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Compared to Seche Vite:

Pros:
thinner consistency, so it smoothes out streakiness really well. also much easier to apply for a smooth finish.
much subtler scent
no shrinkage, esp with thicker consistency polishes, as I've experienced with Seche Vite
no chipping of large chunks of polish after 4-5 days of wear
texture is not sticky after it's dried
the bottle won't dry out and get gummy like Seche Vite. Seche Vite needs to be thinned out frequently.

Cons:
nowhere near as glossy as Seche Vite. more like a satin finish
takes longer to dry

I think this gives better protection than Seche Vite. Usually I get about 5-6 days of wear with Seche Vite without any growth or chipping (depends on the polish), but with Out the Door, there isn't shrinkage and chipping at the edges is less frequent. My manis look as good as new for over a week. This topcoat is also much easier to apply bc it's a thin consistency and I'm less likely to have to start over.

BUT....I know a lot of people love a high glossy finish and Seche Vite gives the glossiest and fastest drying finish. Out the Door doesn't improve on the finish that the color polish already gives.

This top coat sucked for me! Especially after being spoiled by Seche Vite. This does not dry as quickly, it is not as shiny, and the brush was weird... it didn't work very well to apply.

My polish stayed tacky and dent-y for a long time after using this top coat. I returned it the next day.

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I agree! I used to offer a nail art service from a shop and it was the *only* top coat I would use! I needed clients *not* to come back with smudged nails - and it did the trick. Not the cheapest but you get what you pay for! (*^.^*)