Ben Nye Blush

4.8

on 10/17/2017 9:03:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

# Shade: VINTAGE ROSE

# Colouring: Natural colour on my NC15-20 skin. Neutral undertone. It's very similar to the shade "Natural Blush" in the same range, but of the two Vintage Rose is slightly more pink. ("Natural Blush" is slightly more brown-based and I think would suit those who are fair-medium and perhaps not those who are especially fair, say NC10-15.)

Vintage Rose is definitely more neutral and less pink than say the MAC Pro Blush in Rosy Outlook - one of my faves, beautiful for fair skin.

# Pigment: Great, as with all Ben Nye blushes. Although, Vintage Rose seems a tiny tiny bit lighter in application than some of the other blushes. I found this while swatching all of the blushes with my finger onto the underside of my arm. To be honest, I prefer it because it's easier to not overdo it :D

# I find this blush to be a great one for an everyday look, and it is also perfect for a professional setting, like in an office. I really like the no-nonsense, square little case it comes in, with the clear lid. It feels sturdy and you can pop the blush out for refills (use a q-tip to get into that little hole).

# Because the blush is quite pigmented, I apply it with a fluffy dome brush like the Real Techniques Blush Brush.

$ Price: Affordable. With the case it's $18 AUD. The refill pan is $15 AUD. I got mine from Scotty's (the best makeup store in NSW and Victoria - it also has really cool FX makeup which I am dying to try for Halloween.)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

As of this review, I have 12 Ben Nye blushes (the first 8 were in the Fashion Rouge Pallet). The colors range from pale, suitable for the fairest skins, to very deep, which I can use if applied very lightly with a fan brush (I'm in between a NW15 & NW20).

I've been using only mineral powder blushes for the last 10 years and have only recently gone back to standard cosmetics to try and streamline my makeup collection. I've been exploring a lot of "professional" makeup and Ben Nye was one of those "pro" brands that I came upon.

First off, I love the concept of not paying for fancy packaging. You can buy the Ben Nye blushes in either individual cases, in ready-made pallets, or in single pans ready to put into your own pallet. The single pans cost apprx $10 for makeup that is more than equal in quality of expensive dept store brands. I love Lancome blushes, but $40 a blush - REALLY??

Ben Nye blushes are very pigmented, and you need to apply then with care if you don't want the color to look too bright or heavy. There is some degree of fallout with these blushes, but I just place my brush on the blush lightly, and I don't have much of a problem. If you get too much on your brush, you can always tap the brush to remove the excess. The blushes seem fairly easy to blend and the color lasts fairly well, although I'm currently wearing a foundation that seems to eat blushes.

These blushes are all very matte, so you can get that very natural, no sparkle flush, but if you like a bit of sparkle or glow, these aren't going to be your thing unless you add the sparkle after-the-fact. I have always favored some sparkle in my blushes (not the greatest thing for my acne scars though), so the matte look is very different for me, but I'm getting used to it.

I really like these blushes and will probably try a few more colors. If you have fair to med skin the Fashion Palette works well. There is another Palette with darker colors for ladies who need those, or you can always just order one or two blushes to see if you like them and then go from there.

on 9/1/2014 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Very nice powder blushes from Ben Nye. I love that you can purchase a palette and fill with your own choices and no depotting required! You can buy these as refills for a palette or within its own packaging. I use Natural almost every day and it is holding up just fine. These blend well, have amazing pigment (just as good as MAC if not better) and the color range is superb. I believe that most if not all the shades are matte. Natural, a simple brownish pinkish peachish neutral shade is my favorite and much used although I have 6 other shades. The price point on these is very very good, the palette situation is also great and so Ben Nye is a wonderful option when creating a blush palette.

on 7/2/2011 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have this in Natural as well and it is the perfect (dare i say it) "natural" blush I have been searching for. I use it everyday and it even beats out my many Nars blushers. The color looks drab and pale in the pan so I was pleasently surprised at the color pay-off. Don't be fooled, this one has HG status . Ben Nye makeup is incredible...think I might try Victorian Rose next .

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I cannot the believe the lack of reviews on here! This stuff is the best! I created my own "Neutral" palette and I have Natural, Victorian Rose and Latte in the blush collection, and I am absolutely LOVING Latte...

It's basically everything I wanted MAC's Gingerly but did not achieve, and for the price-you can't beat that!

I just wish I didn't have to order it online!

on 9/9/2014 2:18:00 PM

I'm reviewing Ben Nye powder blush in Pink bliss. It is now one of my favorite blushes. The color is true bright pink, appear like healthy pink cheek - not dolly pink. I'm NC/NW20 and it's complimented. The texure is at the best quality, easy to blend, last all day under every circumstance. I found that this one is friendly for sweat and heat. I currently have LM, Sleeks, NYX, Canmake, and few more blushes. I think Ben Nye last the best and beautifully.

on 7/2/2004 7:27:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I got this in Natural-a beautiful color!!! Gives just the right glow!!! For only $6.00 it is a steal and it is replacing my more expensive MAC blush!!! A HG for me!!!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

My new HG blush. I am all about rich, true-color, finely-milled blushes. Have several colors I adore. Almost all colors work for FFF to DDD. A staple in my makeup kit and my personal stash. Same color on my darkbrown skin as looks in pot. And they cost $6 for palette refills. (ddd NW45ish or HIP#820)

I discovered Ben Nye as a theatre major in college, but *love* much of the line for daily wear. My favorite blush is Victorian Rose, one of the only blush colors I have found to work with my very fair complexion. It doesn't take much, and gives me that "in from the cold" flush. It has a matte finish, and just looks really natural on me. I paid $7.50 for mine, and have been using the same pan for over a year now, and would guess that I'll get at least another 6 months out of it. It's a great value! Now I will have to get the Natural, since everyone seems to love it (including the owner of the store I get my Ben Nye from!)

on 7/27/2009 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have DR-7 Coral, DR-2 Coral Red DR 61- Victorian Rose, and they are great colours, none of them are cakey nor powdery. For $6 a pot, imagine that. These are very pigmented products, so use a light hand, a fan brush helps too. I love to use pigmented blush & applied with the lightest hand rather than putting a heavy coat with some water-down colour. Blush looks better if it shows through the skin, better leave the concealing for other products.