Costes by Hotel Costes

Filtered by eye Color : Green
No Image

3.5

I'm so very happy to have a good-sized decant of this via swap - it's a very clean, soapy, spicy sandalwood and I find it pleasantly bracing - a good scent for focusing on something (I'm easily given to daydreaming - the laurel, lavender, and pepper make this scent a promising study buddy, though I'm finding that it sweetens considerably on my skin after a little while, and the sweetness at first contrasts unpleasantly with the intense pine note, and then goes quite incensy. I think comparisons of this to 10 Corso Como are apt - as I mentioned in my review of that one, 10 Corso Como tried to kill me by completely shutting down my respiratory system. Hear that, writers of CSI? Let's have a dead-perfumista episode! Anyway, Costes is much less violent on me. Still far too intense to put on before bed or for romantic wear, but quite nice in its own way.

on 10/18/2007 2:10:00 PM

I have this and do like it but it does seem to be more of a mans smell especially since my husbands arm and hammer deoderent smells almost exactly the same I keep thinking he put my costes on but he didn't.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I may end up getting a decant of this one. I don't think I need a FB of it but it's very pleasant and wearable. It is not a strong fragrance, it stikes me as a thinner, more skin-close cousin to YSL Nu, with more laurel. I definitely kept resniffing my arm during the day. It's a spicy, herbal incense and woods scent that is very nice. Lovely presentation, too. I already have YSL Nu in the EDT and the EDP, body cream, so I don't believe I *need* a full bottle of Costes, but a decant would do very nicely. Definitely a unisex scent.

on 7/24/2006 2:01:00 AM

FRAGRANCE & THE MOVIES:THE PURPLE ROSE OF CAIRO

In this romantic nostalgic comedy waitress Cecilia (Mia Farrow)drawn her sorrows and feed her dreams watching movies.it's the Depression Years and the male heroes are brave and unbeatablev with the bad guys and kind,suave and tender with the(good)ladies.As Cecilia magically enters into the screen world Jeff Daniels(who plays both the movie hero,with the previews characteristics and the actor who is a total asshole)presents to me the right person to wear this soft woody spice perfume.Gentle and well-bred with just a hint of adventure in the modern world.

Costes
is a highly woody fragrance with a smoky incense accord. It has some
lovely spice notes, including strong coriander and white pepper which
along with a very pleasant rose note makes up that soapy accord some
here of the reviews are mentioning. I am one that likes this soapy
accord, which separates Costes from the rest of the incense fragrance
pack. I also find that it balances Costes out nicely. Costes is so
much better than Diptyque’s L’Eau and shares very little
similarity with it besides rose and spices. And Costes is much less
cloying and harsh than L’Eau. The musk note in the dry down is
also very noticeable and pleasant. It does reminds me a little of a
much more wearable version of Diptyque’s Essence of John
Galliano. Another mentioned its similarity to Comme des Garcons
Jaisalmer, but I find that it’s different enough to warrant
owning both. The only problems I can find with Costes is that it
doesn’t have the projection that I usually prefer in an
incense-based fragrance, and it could last a little longer, but its
lasting power is still pretty good. I like it.

Notes:
coriander seed, white pepper, laurel, oriental woods, incense, musk,
rose, sandalwood

continued >>

First Review: I think this is a fragrance for those who like baby powder scents.
Second Review: On second testing of this scent, a very fresh sample from Aedes, I like it. There is a touch of Ivory soap in the drydown, about 1/2 hr. in, like others have said, but overall, I find this a very sexy, complex spice and think it would be absolutely lovely for the winter holidays!

Popular Fragrances