Costes by Hotel Costes

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
No Image

1.8

on 3/16/2009 3:10:00 AM

Spicy, unsweet, room fragrance. More masculine than feminine. Good lasting power, no sillage. Not for me; reminds me of a room freshener, not a perfume to wear.

on 6/23/2007 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Knife-edged spicy--coriander strikes again. If the hotel I was staying at smelled like this, I'd feel an undercurrent of anxiety until I checked out.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It is very woody and does not let up on drying down being less heady. Costes notes: lavender, bay-tree, coriander, white pepper, rose, incense, woods and light musk. It smells just like upscale hotel shower gel you get as a sample. Why did they make this a scent? I think the candle might be nicer for a room fragrance. Too dark and doesn't let the light in.

on 3/3/2006 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Unfortunately the woods in Costes dominated on me. The home fragrance
products might be a better use than as a personal scent.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Costes seems to smell differently on everyone from sandalwood to soap. For me, it's a very clean incensey fragrance...almost fresh. I'm sure it will be the summer's answer to my winter incense addiction. I didn't care for this one at first, but it somehow grew on me. And is still growing.
Edited to add another star. This is definitely a 4 star scent. I wore this in the dead of winter and the hottest, most humid day of the day...it is *just right* every time.
Notes: coriander seeds, white pepper, laurel, oriental woods, incense, musk, and hints of rose.

on 1/12/2004 9:22:00 PM

Honestly not impressed with this one. Nothing fancy, subtle, and a definite try before you buy. May be better as a parfum de maison (room spray).

Popular Fragrances