Costes by Hotel Costes

No Image

on 8/22/2012 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This was suggested to me because I love Tam Dao. I don't get the similarity at all, other than they are both linear and not sweet. Tam Dao is a freight train of cedar and sandalwood, and Costes smells like those cinnamon-scented pinecones that turn up in craft stores in September. Sorta/barely woody with a lot of cinnamon. Not a surprise that this was originally an environmental scent, and it would make a great home scent from Halloween until New Year's. Not offensive in any way, but it's the sort of fragrance people will attribute to your breath lozenge instead of you.

on 10/25/2009 9:59:00 PM

I love this scent, but I already own it in a 10 Corso Como bottle.

on 5/13/2008 12:45:00 PM

I've been wearing Costes by Hôtel Costes for about week now--I can't seem to get enough of it. It reminds me of 10CC (which I also love), but the bay and lavender rounds it out. I spritz this stuff pretty heavily and it lasts all day without ever becoming overbearing.

It's unique, comforting, and very wearable.

Edit: I am in love with everything Costes.

on 7/30/2006 6:42:00 PM

As a fragrance this is simply too woody for me without anything feminine in it to tamper it down. It's dry and singular. I much prefer the home fragrance, now that is drool worthy.

on 8/25/2005 11:54:00 AM

I love this fragrance,it reminds me of autumn my favorite season.It is rather sweet but also a bit spicy or maybe a little masculine,so I am not sure if I would purchase a bottle for myself.I think I prefer it as a home scent,linen spray and candle for the cool weather months. I could imagine taking the candle and spray to a lakeside mountain chalet.Very fitting.

Popular Fragrances